Author Topic: Swiss hate German Human rights group  (Read 4025 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Swiss hate German Human rights group
« on: August 05, 2008, 11:42:04 AM »
http://www.jta.org/cgi-bin/iowa/news/article/20080803Germanaid07312008.html     

Wadi e.V. director Thomas von der Osten-Sacken says his group on a blog posting was only standing up for Israel's right to exist.
By Toby Axelrod  Published: 08/03/2008 

BERLIN (JTA) -- The Swiss branch of a major Catholic charity has pulled its support from a German nongovernmental organization, allegedly over its suggestion that a military strike should be considered if other measures fail to convince Iran to drop its nuclear ambitions.
Directors of the NGO, Wadi Font size:     
 Print article 
 Send article via email 
 Share on Facebook
 Digg this
 Tell the editors 
 Post a comment 
 What bloggers are saying 
  Related Content 
Rate this article: 

e.V., say they were merely upholding Israel's right to exist in the face of verbal threats from Iran.

In a June 10 letter recently made public, the Catholic charity Caritas wrote that it regretted having to stop funding Wadi e.V., one of the few NGOs that has remained active in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion. Wadi e.V.'s main focus has been on the prevention of female genital mutilation. It has been working 14 years in the region.

Though Caritas did not cite specific statements as objectionable, its decision to cease funding came after Wadi's director, Thomas von der Osten-Sacken, cited on the NGO's Web blog the position about Iran.

In its letter, Caritas Switzerland's regional director, Norbert Kieliger, and Maria Winiger, the director of the Asia-Mideast region, cited the Wadi programs for women in northern Iraq as impressive.

"Which is why we are especially sorry to tell you that our work together with Wadi e.V. will come to an end in February/March 2009, with the conclusion of the current project phase," the directors said.

According to a report in the latest edition of the Swiss weekly paper Weltwoche, Caritas provides $312,000 annually, or a quarter of the German group's budget.

The Caritas letter said its "difficult" decision was prompted by political statements on the Wadi Web site "that from our perspective intensify" the Mideast conflict and are "not in keeping with our own views." Caritas is committed to peaceful conflict resolution, the letter stated.

In response, Osten-Sacken and Wadi president Anne Mollenhauer wrote that they were "astonished" by the letter's content and asked why their offer to discuss "possible differences or ambiguities in person" was not considered.

In fact, they said, they had not expressed views on "the so-called Israeli-Palestinian conflict," but rather had stood up for Israel's right to exist.

It is not possible to hold a supposedly neutral view of governments, organizations and individuals who call for the destruction of Israel and murder of Jews," they wrote.

They also noted that another group supported by Caritas -- Badil, which represents Palestinian refugees -- calls for "violence against Israeli military and civilians," refers to suicide bombers as "martyrs of the intifada," and refers to Israel as the "Zionist entity" or "racist apartheid state."

Osten-Sacken said his group had received a short reply from Caritas stating that the charity was sticking to its decision.

Osten Sacken, who recently addressed a conference on Iran in Berlin, told JTA that in his view, "there are worse things than war. It is an unfortunate lesson of the 20th century.

"There should still be a possibility to stop Iran without military action, but this is a dictatorship," he said. "If Luxembourg has an atomic program, well, Luxembourg is a democracy and I don't have sleepless nights. The problem with Iran is the regime, not the bomb."   

This Swiss group must like female mutilation

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:45:47 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Swiss hate German Human rights group
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »
No more german swiss Chocolate :-[

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:02:45 PM »
German Chocolate is O.K. just swiss isnt
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »

What chocolate do you like???????

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 12:11:02 PM »

The Italian one i forgot it's name it starts with P

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:14:28 PM »

I like German Chocolate because they make great dark chocolate

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 12:18:56 PM »

You like dark chocolate i like milk chocolate :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:23:42 PM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »

You like dark chocolate i like milk chocolate :D

You racist ;D

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:21:06 PM »
I am opposed to foreign aid to Muslime countries. Wadi e.V. is working on that field.

But that Caritas is ending the cooperation only because of Wadi said Israel has a right to exist is evil and said a lot about this group.  >:(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 12:22:56 PM »
I am opposed to foreign aid to Muslime countries. Wadi e.V. is working on that field.

But that Caritas is ending the cooperation only because of Wadi said Israel has a right to exist is evil and said a lot about this group.  >:(
This is correct

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 12:44:28 PM »
Every year my dad would get a German chocolate flavored cake for his birthday. It was good and tasty. As he's gotten older though he doesn't like sweet things as much. Now he wants oatmeal cookies which have just as much sugar but don't taste as sweet.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 12:45:59 PM »
Every year my dad would get a German chocolate flavored cake for his birthday. It was good and tasty. As he's gotten older though he doesn't like sweet things as much. Now he wants oatmeal cookies which have just as much sugar but don't taste as sweet.
my father always loved the cookies his mother made oatmeal and peanut butter

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »

What type of German Chocolate?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »

You put candles on the cookie

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »

You can always get him Oatmeal cake

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »

Sort of like this:

I think it was invented in Dallas, Texas, can't remember when though.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 12:55:55 PM »

Sort of like this:

I think it was invented in Dallas, Texas, can't remember when though.

He likes dark chocolate?

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 12:57:25 PM »
Now I am hungry and I will go shopping. Your fault  ;)

I will buy a chicken and a big chocolate cake.

And of cause some wine.

He he he

See you later ...
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »
Yeah he's eaten some before but he doesn't like things to be too sweet. I think that's one reason he liked that cake, because even though it's a chocolate cake, it's not as sweet as say, Devil's food cake, or regular chocolate cake.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
Now I am hungry and I will go shopping. Your fault  ;)

I will buy a chicken and a big chocolate cake.

And of cause some wine.

He he he

See you later ...

Sounds great :)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »
Yeah he's eaten some before but he doesn't like things to be too sweet. I think that's one reason he liked that cake, because even though it's a chocolate cake, it's not as sweet as say, Devil's food cake, or regular chocolate cake.

Yeah but German Dark chocolate is bitter and more healtier for the heart then other chocolates

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 01:03:27 PM »

Yeah but German Dark chocolate is bitter and more healtier for the heart then other chocolates

My mom loves dark chocolate, when I would get those packages of mini candy bars I would give her most of the special darks out of the package :)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »

My mom loves dark chocolate, when I would get those packages of mini candy bars I would give her most of the special darks out of the package :)

Yes they are high in antioxidants

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »

I wonder if that applies to Black Forest Cake? Some of my ancestors came from Southwest Germany. :)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 01:17:45 PM »

I wonder if that applies to Black Forest Cake? Some of my ancestors came from Southwest Germany. :)

It does if you use dark chocolate