Author Topic: Unbelievable Self-Hatred: "Orthodox" Jews in Israel Use Muzzies as Shabbos Goyim  (Read 24065 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
 >:( >:( Israeli Arab Muslim Works as "Shabbos Goy" in Jerusalem  >:( >:(

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/world/story/46731.html

Quote from: McClatchy News
In Jerusalem, Muslim handles Sabbath chores for Jews
By Dion Nissenbaum
McClatchy Newspapers

JERUSALEM — In a city marinated in archaic traditions, rigid rituals and surreal customs, Abu Ali still has one of Jerusalem's oddest jobs.

Like Barack Obama, Colin Powell and Harry Truman, this 52-year-old Muslim serves Jerusalem's ultra-Orthodox Jewish community as a so-called Shabbos Goy.

From sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, when strictly observant Jews honor the holy day of rest by taking a break from work, TV, laptops, cell phones, shopping and the normal vagaries of life, Abu Ali is there to serve their emergency Sabbath needs.

He turns on air conditioners for families when it's hot. He turns off lights accidentally left on. And he rushes pregnant wives to the hospital. Lots of pregnant wives.

Abu Ali, who asked to be identified only by his nickname because he's kept his unusual job from friends and neighbors, is one of a select few Arab-Israelis working as a Shabbos Goy in Jerusalem. He's an atypical Muslim serving Orthodox Jews in a city where the two communities more often collide than connect.

"When I am here on the Sabbath, I am the king," he said one recent Friday at sundown as Orthodox men in black satin overcoats rushed by. "Everybody knows me. Everybody needs me."

"But after the Sabbath, nobody knows me," Abu Ali said with a shrug. "It's the nature of things."

Had he been born in the United States, Abu Ali seems like the kind of guy who'd play Santa Claus for New England shopping malls at Christmastime. He has a trim, white beard and smile lines around Paul Newman-blue eyes. He wears sandals and moves gingerly with the aid of a cane while he's recovering from heart surgery.

An unlikely array of American leaders also have performed Abu Ali's unusual religious duty.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell used to collect a quarter a week turning the lights on and off at the synagogue in his boyhood Bronx neighborhood.

Growing up in Missouri, President Harry Truman used to light fires for the Jewish neighbors on cold Sabbath days.

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama used to open doors Friday evenings for his Jewish office-suite mate in the Illinois state Senate.

"I don't like using the term 'Shabbos goy,' but if I ever needed anything he was always there," said Illinois state Sen. Ira Silverstein, the Orthodox lawmaker who shared the suite with Obama.

This irregular Shabbos Goy trade grew out of a unique need in Orthodox communities for non-Jewish help on the Sabbath.

From sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, Jewish law calls on the observant to take a break from life. Cell phones are turned off. No one is allowed to drive. Meals must be cooked in advance. There's no TV. No computer. No shopping.

But times come when these observant families need help: A fuse blows. Someone accidentally leaves a light on in the bedroom. Someone needs to get to the hospital to give birth.

In those instances, Orthodox Jews call a Shabbos Goy.

Jerusalem's most conservative neighborhoods cordon off their streets with metal gates to make sure that no one who's breaking the Sabbath rules drives through. (At one point some years ago in Jerusalem, cars that accidentally drove into orthodox Jewish neighborhoods on the Sabbath were stoned.)

In one of these neighborhoods, not far from downtown Jerusalem, community leaders recently blessed Abu Ali as their Shabbos Goy.

For three years, Abu Ali set up an informal Shabbos Goy trade in the hospital emergency room of an adjacent neighborhood. When the medical center closed, he started anew, right down the street.

Two months ago, community leaders bought a small plastic shed for Abu Ali to work out of each week. It's big enough for a white plastic chair and a small refrigerator filled with soda.

Taped to the shed door, in big black Hebrew letters on fluorescent yellow paper: Shabbos Goy.

On authorized fliers that Abu Ali hands out, community leaders vouch for his character by noting that he's passed Israeli security checks and worked as a trusted Jerusalem bus driver for 25 years.

In a sign of the divisions, the fliers also urge community members to keep their business with Abu Ali to a minimum:

"Despite the fact that he is a known non-Jew (goy), parents are asked to please refrain from gathering around the booth and not to unnecessarily speak to the non-Jew."

One of those who use the service is Hershel Puretz, a young Brooklyn transplant who called Abu Ali to take his wife to the hospital two years ago to deliver their firstborn son.

In case of emergency, Puretz keeps Abu Ali's phone number in his cell phone address book, listed as "Goyim Shabbos."

Some Jews might have a problem using an Arab as a Shabbos Goy, Puretz said. But, for him, it's a fine option.

"You wonder if he loves us?" Puretz said. "Probably he does not. But if he's servicing me, so then I'm able to look over his shoulder. But I appreciate his service. And I'll pay him for it."

Like any archaic tradition, getting non-Jews to help on the Sabbath has evolved over time. Talmudic scholars, Jewish academics and Israeli lawmakers all have wrestled with how to balance religious devotion and modern life.

In this Jerusalem neighborhood, once the sun sets on Fridays and the streets are cordoned off, the only driver on the roads is Abu Ali, in his white taxi, with a red police light that he puts on the roof and special laminated signs he sticks in the front window so his car isn't mistakenly attacked.

Since observant Jews can't ask for help, they use a special code with Abu Ali. If they need the air conditioner turned on, they tell him that it's hot. If they need a light turned on or a fuse changed, they say that it's dark.

Abu Ali charges about $10 per visit. If he has to rush a pregnant woman to the hospital — something he said he sometimes has to do three or for times each Sabbath — it costs about $30.

The families aren't supposed to pay him for his services, so the community set up a box outside the neighborhood synagogue where people can put the money. If Abu Ali has to come collect directly, it costs an extra $5.

Though the ultra-Orthodox community might seem insular to the outside world, Abu Ali said he'd broken through the suspicions.

"If you don't know them, they're difficult," he said. "But when you get to know them, they're trustworthy."

Abu Ali doesn't talk much about his job to friends back in his predominantly Arab neighborhood between Jerusalem and Bethlehem. He knows that some people would laugh at him. He knows that some people think it's strange.

"But I don't tell them how much I make," Abu Ali said with a smile.

(McClatchy special correspondent Cliff Churgin contributed to this report from Jerusalem.)

>:( This s*** is exactly why Israel is being torn apart right now. The fact that so-called devout religious Jews see no problem with doing this needs no commentary. I could say what I wish would be done to Jews who hire Fakestinian Muslim Nazis to come into their own homes and do all of their work, but I would almost certainly get in trouble for it.  >:(

Chaimfan

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Very, very dispicable... I agree...

But who will do the work of a Shabbos goy? Are there sufficient non-Jewish, bnei Noachs out there to do the work? I dont know the answer to this problem. But it is hard to judge others without being in their shoes.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
What are degenerates! BTW, why would you need a Shabbos Goy to "rush pregnant wives to the hospital."!? Shouldn't a husband do it, regardless of teh Shabbat?! Of course, for these degenerates a pretense is more important than saving Jewish life.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
The real irony is that the name of this guy "Abu Ali" is the same name to given by Haj Amin Al-Husseini to ADOLPH HITLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
The real irony is that the name of this guy "Abu Ali" is the same name to given by Haj Amin Al-Husseini to ADOLPH HITLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually though of that, but for some reason didn't think to post it. Looks like this walking, talking camel turd is having the last laugh on all these moronic Jews who hire him.  ::)

BTW, did you know that Adolf Hitler (ys"vz) is the ONLY non-Muslim in history to ever be declared an honorary Muslim?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Are there sufficient non-Jewish, bnei Noachs out there to do the work? I dont know the answer to this problem. But it is hard to judge others without being in their shoes.
So if legally a Shabbos Goy has to be a Noahide, why do these losers hire Muslims? Aren't they violating Torah?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Are there sufficient non-Jewish, bnei Noachs out there to do the work? I dont know the answer to this problem. But it is hard to judge others without being in their shoes.
So if legally a Shabbos Goy has to be a Noahide, why do these losers hire Muslims? Aren't they violating Torah?

Muslims are technically following Noachide laws too, I believe... I may be wrong. But I thought that they are not pagan according to halacha.

muman613

1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before G-d.
   2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6)
   3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
   4. Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit adultery.
   5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme G-d's name.
   6. Prohibition of Cruelty to Animals: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4)
   7. Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly.

From http://www.cross-currents.com/archives/2006/10/19/do-we-all-believe-in-the-same-g-d-do-muslims/

Rambam did not have much use for Christian theology, even though he had no personal reason to dislike Christians. He had every reason to hate Muslims (they ruined significant parts of his life), but still wrote that Muslims believe in a true monotheism. Traditional Jews (including at least two Israeli Chief Rabbis I am aware of) avoid stepping into Christian worship sanctuaries. I have heard that many do not have the same reluctance to walk into a mosque, although I have not investigated this thoroughly. I have some recollection of a psak to soldiers of the IDF that they could even use a mosque to pray. Behind this is the perception that Islamic monotheism is on target. (I know about the Ran who claims that Muslims worship Mohammed. I don’t know what to make of it. I asked a Muslim scholar friend about it, and he told me that there were non-mainstream groups at times that turned Mohammed into an object of veneration and worship, but they disappeared in time.)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 06:18:34 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Which one of the Seven Laws do Muslims keep?  ;D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer

Muslims are technically following Noachide laws too, I believe... I may be wrong. But I thought that they are not pagan according to halacha.

muman613
<snip>

being a torah noachide is better than being a heretical one like a muslim(the rambam considers them noachides or abiding by the noachide laws).

This whole noachide law issue is *Completely irrelevant*

The idea of a shabbos goy is that he's not jewish. That's the requirement.

He can worship donald duck

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
ROTFLMAO  :::D

Seriously, though, as a Walt Disney creation, Donald is probably an anti-Semite!  :o ;D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

muman613
<snip>

being a torah noachide is better than being a heretical one like a muslim(the rambam considers them noachides or abiding by the noachide laws).

That may be true, but wouldnt that be like bringing paganism into your house. I prefer my Shabbos Goy to be at least a Noachide... :)

muman613

PS: Is there really a cult of Donald Duck worship? I am not aware.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer

muman613
<snip>

That may be true, but wouldnt that be like bringing paganism into your house. I prefer my Shabbos Goy to be at least a Noachide... :)

yea, but their are very very few real Noahides out there. Everyone is involved in doing the wrong thing whether it is idolatry, or thievery. And the case with the muslims- murder (or supporting those who murder, which is also being involved in murder). 
  And anyway if a goy happens to be in an area already and he is needed at the moment, I dont see why anyone would be upset for the fact that he or she is used, and Jews do not break the Shabb-t. (Its not like, if they are not asked, that will magically make all the arabs disappear).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before G-d. (+)

But it depends. Because Allah is imo the ancien Moon idol al-illah. But there are different oppinions with good argumentations.

2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6) (-)

Obviously not

3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal. (-)

They are stealing like the ravens and it is allowed to them by Islam (if the victim of their crime is a non-muslim)

4. Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit adultery. (-)

Muslims are often involved in prostitution business. Even in Israel. Rabbi Kahane speaks about this. And they are committing the vast majority of rapes in Europe. I have heard about cases in Israel too.

5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme G-d's name. (-)

If you justify the offence of other laws from the bible with G-d's will, like raping, stealing and murdering. imo this is a violation of this rule.

6. Prohibition of Cruelty to Animals: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4)

(+) Althrough if you assault sexually animals it is a violation.

7. Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly. (-)

Obviously not
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 06:33:37 PM by Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before G-d. (+)

But it depends. Because Allah is imo the ancien Moon idol al-illah. But there are different oppinions with good argumentations.

2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6) (-)

Obviously not

3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal. (-)

They are stealing like the ravens and it is allowed to them by Islam (if the victim of their crime is a non-muslim)

4. Prohibition of Sexual Promiscuity: You shall not commit adultery. (-)

Muslims are often involved in prostitution business. Even in Israel. Rabbi Kahane speaks about this. And they are committing the vast majority of rapes in Europe. I have heard about cases in Israel too.

5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme G-d's name. (-)

If you justify the offence of other laws from the bible with G-d's will, like raping, stealing and murdering. imo this is a violation of this rule.

(+) Althrough if you assault sexually animals it is a violation.

7. Requirement to have just Laws: You shall set up an effective judiciary to enforce the preceding six laws fairly. (-)

Obviously not

Well, as I read on some other forum it seems that Islam today is not the Islam of Rambam. I have never touched a Koran {nor will I} and I dont know what it says, except for the KILL THE JEWS stuff. I thought it contained the 10 commandments as they believe we received them from Hashem. If they are not keeping at least these commandments they are most certainly doomed to suffer Hashems wrath. But several Rabbis I talked to recently still gave over the opinion that Islam was a monotheistic religion and it is ok to go to mosque but not to church. This opinion may change as they realize the true nature of Islam.

muman613

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
I think it is mainly because of the first point.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
"But several Rabbis I talked to recently still gave over the opinion that Islam was a monotheistic religion and it is ok to go to mosque but not to church. "

Technically yes, (thats what I heard the Rambam wrote), BUT at the same time they have a big problem mainly with 2 things- stealing (like everyone else), and most of all Murder, if they support, or cheer or are even happy with murder they are held accountable. So technically all of the hamas-hezbollah, etc. crowds are Hayav Mita, and if they are killed (by us) we are not responsible for their blood.
 BUT technically if their is a Muslim, who does not like to see for example Jews being blown up in buses, etc. Doesn't get a good feeling about it, doesn't support the terrorists and murderers in anyway (knowingly). Believes in G-d, doesn't steal, etc. Then they could be a Noahide in some opinions, and in another, maybe still not because a Noahide has to do soo in front of a Beit Din, and declare that they are doing it becuase G-d wants it, and not because the commandments are logical (but even a Muslim could maybe fall in this category) BUT, then another opinion might say still no, because a Muslim in essence could see himself as replacing the Jewish nation, etc. and the true G-d, is the G-d of Israel. So if a person is a noahide they cant have another religion to themselves because having another religion in essence says that they are replacing the G-d of Israel.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
Seriously, if you will trust an Arab to take your pregnant wife to the hospital so you don't break shabbat, then maybe you shouldn't be a parent at all!!

When I was seven-years old, I came down with a 102 degree fever on a friday night. Before my mom could get the thermometer out of my mouth, my father was dressed and ready to take me to the ER.

These "Orthodox Jews" would probably not fight in a war for fear of breaking Shabbat by engaging in military battle.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Seriously, if you will trust an Arab to take your pregnant wife to the hospital so you don't break shabbat, then maybe you shouldn't be a parent at all!!

When I was seven-years old, I came down with a 102 degree fever on a friday night. Before my mom could get the thermometer out of my mouth, my father was dressed and ready to take me to the ER.

These "Orthodox Jews" would probably not fight in a war for fear of breaking Shabbat by engaging in military battle.

Gruznit,

Im sorry you feel that way. I am not going to sit here and speak lashon hara against them. Please be considerate and refrain from judging these people. HaSatan is waiting for your reply.

muman613

PS: I Know several very observant Orthodox who are very good parents for their children. To make generalizations like this is wrong.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I dont see why anyone would be upset for the fact that he or she is used, and Jews do not break the Shabbat. (Its not like, if they are not asked, that will magically make all the arabs disappear).
Please tell me that you are not defending using Muslim Nazis as Shabbat flunkies.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Gruznit,

Im sorry you feel that way. I am not going to sit here and speak lashon hara against them. Please be considerate and refrain from judging these people. HaSatan is waiting for your reply.

muman613

PS: I Know several very observant Orthodox who are very good parents for their children. To make generalizations like this is wrong.
Muman, Gruzinit is right on this. Hiring Muslim Nazis to take care of your wives and children is absolutely indefensible under any circumstances. The kind of Jews who do this aren't doing so because they care about following G-d's laws--these are the kinds of Jews who enjoy "cheap" Arab labor and doing business with these animals and pigs. These are kapos and traitors, pure and simple, and there is nothing that can undo that.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Gruznit,

muman613

Muman, Gruzinit is right on this. Hiring Muslim Nazis to take care of your wives and children is absolutely indefensible under any circumstances. The kind of Jews who do this aren't doing so because they care about following G-d's laws--these are the kinds of Jews who enjoy "cheap" Arab labor and doing business with these animals and pigs. These are kapos and traitors, pure and simple, and there is nothing that can undo that.

So CF, are you calling all Ultra-Orthodox who live in Jerusalem nazi kapos and traitors? I hope not...

muman613

PS: A Jew is commanded to not be a talebearer against his own people. I will not engage in this lashon hara. It is sad this happened, but I will not condemn them because I am not aware of the particulars in the situation.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Maybe this is a subtle way of making Muzzies subservient to them.  ;D I still don't think it's a good idea though.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Shame.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
So CF, are you calling all Ultra-Orthodox who live in Jerusalem nazi kapos and traitors? I hope not. A Jew is commanded to not be a talebearer against his own people. I will not engage in this lashon hara.
#1: Not all religious Jews in Jerusalem do this. I am sure that many are horrified by this practice. In fact, all GENUINE religious Jews are disgusted by this.

#2: Any Jew who hires Amalek to take care of his wife and children IS a kapo and a traitor, pure and simple. There is no defense for this in the past, present, or future. G-d commanded Jews to observe Shabbat. G-d also commanded Jews to exterminate Amalek--man, woman, and child. I realize that the latter cannot be accomplished right now, but is it really so hard not to pay devils to do domestic chores?

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer

Gruznit,

muman613

I'm not afraid of offending people if I'm standing up for something I believe in muman613. My criticisms was never against Orthodox Jews in general, but against those(Religous and Secular alike) who entrust the lives of their families with Arabs because they are afraid G-d will punish them for turning on the air conditioner, or worse driving your wife to the hospital to deliever your baby when you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself.

I was simply contrasting this behavior to that of my father. While not fully observant, we did try our best to keep Shabbat, but when my father saw my health in jeopardy, he would never get a gentile to take me to the hospital because I was his responsibility!!!

And if you want a good example of the danger this can lead to, look at the tragedies at Mercaz HaRav Yeshiva and the Arab who used a bulldozer to kill 4 Jews. both being Arab workers who used their accessibility to inflict maximum damage. So be offended, I care more about the Jews who are being killed because of this idiocy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:59:22 PM by Gruzinit »
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers