Author Topic: WWI started on 9 Av. And now WWIII?!  (Read 4066 times)

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
WWI started on 9 Av. And now WWIII?!
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:00:38 PM »
The decree against the Jews in the Wilderness, the destruction of the 1st and 2nd Temples, the decree to expel the Jews from England, the expulsion of the Jews from Spain 1492, Columbus' landing on America 1492, the conception of Adolf Hitler in 1888, the start of WW1 1914, the return of Apollo 11 1969, impact of comet Shoemaker-Levy 1994: all occurred on the ominous Jewish date of 9 Av.

And now WWIII?!

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: WWI started on 9 Av. And now WWIII?!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

We might as well say, "woo hoo".

Certainly beats sulking.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:26:02 PM »
The decree against the Jews in the Wilderness, the destruction of the 1st and 2nd Temples, the decree to expel the Jews from England, the expulsion of the Jews from Spain 1492, Columbus' landing on America 1492, the conception of Adolf Hitler in 1888, the start of WW1 1914, the return of Apollo 11 1969, impact of comet Shoemaker-Levy 1994: all occurred on the ominous Jewish date of 9 Av.

And now WWIII?!

Did WWIII start today? What did I miss?

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:52:27 PM »
WW1 escalated from an incident in the Balkans.

Maybe WWIII could escalate from the events in the Caucasus?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080811/ap_on_re_as/bush_asia_20;_ylt=AlZ4LaWcZspD6vP4he2aKnj9xg8F

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »
Lets see where Russia takes this.  I dont trust that fascist country one bit.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »
let's not hold our breath and pretend to be prophets...let's resolve the issues before more innocents die.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 10:30:19 PM »
Hello,

Just spoke with my father who is extremely sensitive to world issues and has been a life-long conservative republican. He brought up this issue in Georgia without me even having to bring it up. It was a strange coincidence that he called as I was viewing the yahoo news report.

This event has the potential of being a major problem. I dont want to see it escalate because it could bring instability to the oil market. Let us pray that things are worked out without escalation.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 11:01:25 PM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 11:05:25 PM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

What is this? A kind of joke? This is the day which our holy Temple was destroyed and you think it is a laughing matter. I have more respect for the sages and the minhagim of my people to make a joke out of this.

muman613

PS: I fasted today, did anyone else?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

What is this? A kind of joke? This is the day which our holy Temple was destroyed and you think it is a laughing matter. I have more respect for the sages and the minhagim of my people to make a joke out of this.

muman613

They are joking about WW3

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 11:10:59 PM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

Ok, in that case yes, it is better not to sulk about it.

In my opinion we will be witnessing miracles once it begins.

muman613

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

Not necessarily..  This Russian conflict could spark something big.  It is always something minor with wide reaching implications that begin the world wars.   And 9th of Av is a day of woe....

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 02:36:28 AM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

Get bent.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 02:40:25 AM »
let's not hold our breath and pretend to be prophets...let's resolve the issues before more innocents die.

You are a voice of reason Dr. Dan :) O0

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 02:44:18 AM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

Get bent.

Huh? What is this? It sounds like you are the one who is bent here.

muman613

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 02:46:06 AM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

Get bent.

muman613

I`m quite upright.

I can assure you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 02:48:52 AM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

Get bent.

muman613

I`m quite upright.

I can assure you.

OK,

Im being flexible. It is not so bad...

:)

muman613

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 03:00:02 AM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

First of all, Tisha B'av is OVER, otherwise I wouldn't be posting on this forum, I would be focused on mourning and what one ought to be doing during that day like reading kinnos or eichah or listening to a shiur etc.   Just my personal preference to stay off the everyday internet stuff on a significant day like tisha bav.   You're asking if anyone fasted, but not everyone is Jewish here, so why would they fast?  And not only that but I have already BROKEN THE FAST since the fast is OVER by now.   So what is this question?

Secondly,  I'm not joking about the Temple being destroyed.  You invented that part.  Nobody here laughed about the Temple being destroyed.

I happened to laugh at Scriabin's joke, which was funny.  WWIII would be no laughing matter, but the way he said his comment was quite funny. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 03:08:09 AM »
That was my kinder way of saying 'get bent'

I hope you'll retract your unfortunate twisting of the truth to fit such a bizarre inaccurate accusation against me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 03:08:28 AM »
And now WWIII?!

Yep.

Certainly beats sulking.

hehehe

muman613

First of all, Tisha B'av is OVER, otherwise I wouldn't be posting on this forum, I would be focused on mourning and what one ought to be doing during that day like reading kinnos or eichah or listening to a shiur etc.   Just my personal preference to stay off the everyday internet stuff on a significant day like tisha bav.   You're asking if anyone fasted, but not everyone is Jewish here, so why would they fast?  And not only that but I have already BROKEN THE FAST since the fast is OVER by now.   So what is this question?

Secondly,  I'm not joking about the Temple being destroyed.  You invented that part.  Nobody here laughed about the Temple being destroyed.

I happened to laugh at Scriabin's joke, which was funny.  WWIII would be no laughing matter, but the way he said his comment was quite funny. 

No problem...

It just seemed to be making light of a very sad event. I didnt hear the news about the conflict going on in Georgia and when I realized it I understood what was being said. Also, I never had any doubt about you KWRBT, I know you were fasting. I was just interested in knowing if most of our group observed the day. I think it is beneficial to know that mourning is not just being depressed, it is about being motivated to bring the Temple back into the world. It is motivational to go through the fast. I was just hoping to connect to others who feel this emptiness which we still feel even after Tish B'Av.

I am not trying to be judgemental or anything like that. I just made the comment because I felt a little bit of sadness when it seemed to me like there was mocking. I realize my initial comment was wrong and I try to see the humor in the original posting.

muman613
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:13:34 AM by muman613 »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 03:21:13 AM »
During Tisha B'av I got the feeling that the Jewish people are under a two-pronged attack currently.  Spiritual and Physical.   There are some small groups fighting on the spiritual front, trying to reach disconnected Jews, but we are losing so many to assimilation and intermarriage still.  Whatever we are doing, it isn't enough.  And on the physical side, I thought to myself, who in the whole Jewish world is battling against the impending physical destruction in Eretz Yisrael, who as a group or organization - who even admits or recognizes that it's an actual danger?  Only JTF/hayamin haamiti.   Only this group has the principles to stand on and the uncompromising nature to fight for the Jewish people.    I felt inspired to help this movement as much as I can.   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:27:30 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 03:37:22 AM »
During Tisha B'av I got the feeling that the Jewish people are under a two-pronged attack currently.  Spiritual and Physical.   There are some small groups fighting on the spiritual front, trying to reach disconnected Jews, but we are losing so many to assimilation and intermarriage still.  Whatever we are doing, it isn't enough.  And on the physical side, I thought to myself, who in the whole Jewish world is battling against the impending physical destruction in Eretz Yisrael, who as a group or organization - who even admits or recognizes that it's an actual danger?  Only JTF/hayamin haamiti.   Only this group has the principles to stand on and the uncompromising nature to fight for the Jewish people.    I felt inspired to help this movement as much as I can.   

KWRBT,

You are speaking the truth. We must fight both battles simultaneously. It is not an easy task I am trying to see the way also. I just know that when our Jewish neshamas are prepared for battle then Hashem has promised us that we will succeed. Remember the battles of the Torah when Moshe would hold his hands up, the people would win, when they fall, the battles are lost.

I am no big fan of the government of Israel now. There is much to be ashamed of and much to be changed. Where are the Jewish people who want to stand up against the enemy and show the world what is right? Are we waiting for some kind of miracle?

Sometimes it seems I fall into that mode. I will move to Israel when Moshiach comes. But there are times when I feel that I must make the move, then Moshiach will be sent. I am getting very close... But then again people like VM do a great disservice in scaring people from moving.

It seems we are paralyzed in fear, like a deer in the headlights. Do we move to Israel amid the fear and uncertainty and suffer through the struggle or do we wait till we see a sign?

We have the weapons we need to fight. We seem to lack the desire to win.

muman613

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 07:05:50 AM »

You are a voice of reason Dr. Dan :) O0

I'm serious here...too many people walk around like they are on the right side of the fence just because we are on the side of JTF. News for everyone..not even JTF is perfectly right on every subject and nor is Chaim. We are merely mortal and definately definately NOT prophets where we think that a terrible weather occurrence was a result of Gd's hand against the inhabitants. I mean, come on!  The more we walk around thinking we know what Gd thinks, the more the outside world will look at us like a bunch of nut cases..and nobody wants a nutcase movement in the mainstream...we would look nothing more like Hamas and regular people who are not politically inclined will trust us.  I mean seriously...some people here can't wait for destruction to take place just to say, "oh oh the messiah is coming...to fix this world I hate so much and (now I can be king and get back at those who hurt my feelings when i was just a kid).  I'm really getting tired of this mentality.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »

[/quote]

muman613

[/quote]

Nostradamus predicted that WW3 would be started by the Nation of Islam with a Great Fire in a Big City. WW3 started on 9/11.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 12:32:40 PM »

muman613

[/quote]

Nostradamus predicted that WW3 would be started by the Nation of Islam with a Great Fire in a Big City. WW3 started on 9/11.
[/quote]

Nostradamus didnt say that.  He said a bunch of broad statements... like...   A dark nation will have a war of fire (among 10,000 other predicitons) and people cherry pick that and interpret it any way they want.