Author Topic: WWI started on 9 Av. And now WWIII?!  (Read 4084 times)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Re: WWI started on 9 Av. And now WWIII?!
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »

Did WWIII start today? What did I miss?

muman613

Nostradamus predicted that WW3 would be started by the Nation of Islam with a Great Fire in a Big City. WW3 started on 9/11.
[/quote]

Nostradamus didnt say that.  He said a bunch of broad statements... like...   A dark nation will have a war of fire (among 10,000 other predicitons) and people cherry pick that and interpret it any way they want.

[/quote]

I watched a documentary and that is how it ended...with that paticular description. You are correct too, there have been many different interpretations of what he meant.

Shalom from Dox

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 09:45:22 PM »
let's not hold our breath and pretend to be prophets...let's resolve the issues before more innocents die.

You are a voice of reason Dr. Dan :) O0

I'm serious here...too many people walk around like they are on the right side of the fence just because we are on the side of JTF. News for everyone..not even JTF is perfectly right on every subject and nor is Chaim. We are merely mortal and definately definately NOT prophets where we think that a terrible weather occurrence was a result of Gd's hand against the inhabitants. I mean, come on!  The more we walk around thinking we know what Gd thinks, the more the outside world will look at us like a bunch of nut cases..and nobody wants a nutcase movement in the mainstream...we would look nothing more like Hamas and regular people who are not politically inclined will trust us.  I mean seriously...some people here can't wait for destruction to take place just to say, "oh oh the messiah is coming...to fix this world I hate so much and (now I can be king and get back at those who hurt my feelings when i was just a kid).  I'm really getting tired of this mentality.

Dude, you usually make sense, but I don't know what you're talking about.   You lost me on this one.

Tell me ONE Jewish organization that opposed the Gaza Expulsion.

Right.... didn't think so.

That by itself, ignoring everything else, is why I know that JTF IS on the right side of the fence (whatever that means)...    Are you really suggesting the members should be unsure of this, whether or not our movement is a just cause, or else we are hamas?   I don't know what you're talking about Dr. Dan.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 09:50:45 PM »
Well the premise that the world is engulfed in WWIII is completely wrong. The Gog and Magog war will be WWIII.

Offline Taylor

• Full JTFer
    • Avid Editor's Insights
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »
Well the premise that the world is engulfed in WWIII is completely wrong. The Gog and Magog war will be WWIII.

what countries are Gog and Magog?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 02:40:10 AM »
let's not hold our breath and pretend to be prophets...let's resolve the issues before more innocents die.

I'm serious here...too many people walk around like they are on the right side of the fence just because we are on the side of JTF. News for everyone..not even JTF is perfectly right on every subject and nor is Chaim. We are merely mortal and definately definately NOT prophets where we think that a terrible weather occurrence was a result of Gd's hand against the inhabitants. I mean, come on!  The more we walk around thinking we know what Gd thinks, the more the outside world will look at us like a bunch of nut cases..and nobody wants a nutcase movement in the mainstream...we would look nothing more like Hamas and regular people who are not politically inclined will trust us.  I mean seriously...some people here can't wait for destruction to take place just to say, "oh oh the messiah is coming...to fix this world I hate so much and (now I can be king and get back at those who hurt my feelings when i was just a kid).  I'm really getting tired of this mentality.

Dude, you usually make sense, but I don't know what you're talking about.   You lost me on this one.

That by itself, ignoring everything else, is why I know that JTF IS on the right side of the fence (whatever that means)...    Are you really suggesting the members should be unsure of this, whether or not our movement is a just cause, or else we are hamas?   I don't know what you're talking about Dr. Dan.

What i'm saying is that, in my opinion, JTF is right on some things, but NOT right on EVERYTHING.  Too many people here seem to blindly follow the leader.  Secondly, we have some extereme nutcases on this forum who think they know what Gd is doing.  When something terrible happens to innocent people, some peopel here think it's a punishment from Gd...I mean, who the heck are you (as in they) to say you know what Gd thinks?  You are as mortal as the next person. When something bad befalls you, your enemy will say the same thing about you.  Seriously, enough of this knowing what Gd thinks.  Very few decent minded people will take this movement seriously with that type of attitude. It makes us look like a Jewish equivalent of Hamas but without killing anyone.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 02:45:11 AM »

What i'm saying is that, in my opinion, JTF is right on some things, but NOT right on EVERYTHING.  Too many people here seem to blindly follow the leader.  Secondly, we have some extereme nutcases on this forum who think they know what Gd is doing.  When something terrible happens to innocent people, some peopel here think it's a punishment from Gd...I mean, who the heck are you (as in they) to say you know what Gd thinks?  You are as mortal as the next person. When something bad befalls you, your enemy will say the same thing about you.  Seriously, enough of this knowing what Gd thinks.  Very few decent minded people will take this movement seriously with that type of attitude. It makes us look like a Jewish equivalent of Hamas but without killing anyone.

Dan,

I really understand what you are saying. Even the sages warned against trying to interpret signs. But it is also true that EVERYTHING which happens happens only because Hashem wished it to be. To me every act of nature is Hashems act. To a Jew with complete Emmunah there is nothing without Hashem.

That said, I repeat what I said before. It is not wise to try to interpret these things. Sometimes the good of events can only be seen through the lens of time.

muman613

PS: I agree nobody here is at the level of a Navi {Prophet}. We may have some kind of fuzzy, hazy vision of Hashems plans for the future.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 03:27:14 AM »
Dr. Dan, I really don't understand the comparison with Hamas.  It's not at all related to the subject.   I personally get really sick of people comparing things (or, often groups of Jews) to hamas or taliban when it's not an accurate or relevant comparison and hamas and taliban are some of the worst evil in existence.   

I do understand what you mean about trying to interpret 'punishments' and 'signs' - it can get a little ridiculous.

But Hamas is not evil by virtue of the fact that it's "not mainstream," so why this comparison?  Hamas is evil because it is an Islamic jihad movement that seeks to kill Jews and destroy Israel (and all infidels).   In fact, among Arabs, Hamas IS probably considered mainstream!   And certainly among Fakestinian Arabs who elected hamas to a majority in their parliament, it is a mainstream movement.  But regardless of that, people making themselves look silly by trying to 'read the stars' has nothing to do with 'being hamas....'   I really just get sick of the "hamas card" or "taliban card"

And there shouldn't be any question that the JTF movement is a just cause, plain and simple.  Nobody is right about everything and nobody is perfect.  It's silly to expect that.   But that doesn't keep someone from doing anything!   And there is right and wrong, and there is just and unjust.   The JTF is a just cause, and every member should think so, otherwise they have no business getting involved in something they don't believe is just.  That's a standard matter of conscience.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:41:57 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 04:29:07 AM »
גוג ומגוג is gematria 70 = the 70 Nations ie the whole world!

Some say גוג = "George" ie Bush! http://hashem1.net/?p=361

what countries are Gog and Magog?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:31:30 AM by Mifletzet »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 07:43:57 AM »

Dan,

I really understand what you are saying. Even the sages warned against trying to interpret signs. But it is also true that EVERYTHING which happens happens only because Hashem wished it to be. To me every act of nature is Hashems act. To a Jew with complete Emmunah there is nothing without Hashem.

That said, I repeat what I said before. It is not wise to try to interpret these things. Sometimes the good of events can only be seen through the lens of time.

muman613

PS: I agree nobody here is at the level of a Navi {Prophet}. We may have some kind of fuzzy, hazy vision of Hashems plans for the future.

I agree, i do not deny Gd's existence...most things happen for a reason if not all things...i just say when something bad happens, "Gd did it for a reason..I'm not sure what."
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein