Author Topic: Hurrican Fay  (Read 3227 times)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Hurrican Fay
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »
Floridians (as I am 1 and I know we have/had some members from there), be careful now they're saying Late Monday-Early Tuesday it could hit. :(

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Re: Hurrican Fay
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 06:34:42 PM »
Floridians (as I am 1 and I know we have/had some members from there), be careful now they're saying Late Monday-Early Tuesday it could hit. :(

Nopeace .... do you know what category it is expected to be?
I hope you will be safe and your home too, I wish this for all Floridians....good luck and we'll keep a watch on the News.

Shalom from Elizabeth

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 06:42:56 PM »

I hope you will be safe and your home too, I wish this for all Floridians....good luck and we'll keep a watch on the News.

Shalom from Elizabeth

They said either cat. 1 or hopefully a tropical storm at this moment. Thanks on behalf of the Floridians for everyone's thoughts. Either way, I plan to cut power on my computer and other electronics by tomorrow mid-day just to be safe.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »

Shalom from Elizabeth

They said either cat. 1 or hopefully a tropical storm at this moment. Thanks on behalf of the Floridians for everyone's thoughts. Either way, I plan to cut power on my computer and other electronics by tomorrow mid-day just to be safe.

Good idea to be prepared. I hope it will not escalate into anything worse.
I live in CA and we get earthquakes with no warnings. We often refer to these as ' Wake up calls ' or ' shake and bake.

Shalom for now.... Dox      :)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:00:27 PM »
I just heard something about Tampa which is about 220 miles north of me. The storm will start in Key West which is South of me by 150? miles. If not me, hopefully this doesn't effect anyone else here! Anymore info, I'll pass it on.

The strange thing down here is: 4 years ago when I moved in, there hadn't been a hurricane in 55 years. Sure enough a cat 3? moved in and hit us with 2 hurricanes in 1.5-2 weeks. This was within 2 months of moving in.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »
I just heard something about Tampa which is about 220 miles north of me. The storm will start in Key West which is South of me by 150? miles. If not me, hopefully this doesn't effect anyone else here! Anymore info, I'll pass it on.

The strange thing down here is: 4 years ago when I moved in, there hadn't been a hurricane in 55 years. Sure enough a cat 3? moved in and hit us with 2 hurricanes in 1.5-2 weeks. This was within 2 months of moving in.

That must have been your official ' welcome to Florida ' compliments of Mother Nature....Good thing you made it through those hurricanes. This one hopefully won't be as bad.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »
Update: The West Coast from Hillsborough/Pinellas County down to the very SW Florida is under Hurricane Watch

Southeast FL from the Jupiter Inlet all the way down to Miami-Dade County is under a Tropical Storm Watch.

Good luck to anyone in these areas, especially the West Coast!

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 11:08:30 PM »
I don't even care anymore. I'm originally from Long Island, NY, I miss those NorEasters, at least it brought colder weather. These storms are ridiculous no matter what they are! >:(

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 11:11:20 PM »
I don't even care anymore. I'm originally from Long Island, NY, I miss those NorEasters, at least it brought colder weather. These storms are ridiculous no matter what they are! >:(

Noreasters are great

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 09:05:54 AM »
Hopefully it won't be a bad one.  I know the oil companies and the speculators are happy as the Devil in you know where.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »

Noreasters are great

I'll tell you, it's literally like an oven down here during the summer. ANYTHING is better. I'm considering Alaska! ;)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »

Hi Nopeace...my fiance is from Long Island too.   O0

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 02:53:25 PM »

We're all over the place. O0 I'm from Commack, where's he from?

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »

He is from Cormmack too...he is 47 years old ...don't know if you are the same age group..if so you may know him, he has many jewish friends from his neighborhood and school....know a Douglas Mariani? He went to Commack High North. He lived in the neighborhood that was at the crossroad of Indian head Rd and Kings Park rd.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:56:31 PM by republicandox »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 06:40:37 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool to have a hurricane that only obliterates black Nazi and Islamic neigborhoods?  ;)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 06:42:30 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool to have a hurricane that only obliterates black Nazi and Islamic neigborhoods?  ;)

;D

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »
I wish you all the best. Let's hope it is minor. I have e relative in Naples.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 06:44:54 PM »
Ramadan starts in a week--it'd be awesome for "Allah" to bless his followers with a bit o' gusty wind and some rain. Maybe if "Allah" is being very generous, he'll blow the contents of a pork deli into a downtown Miami mosque during Friday noontime prayers!  ;D

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »

He is from Cormmack too...he is 47 years old ...don't know if you are the same age group..if so you may know him, he has many jewish friends from his neighborhood and school....know a Douglas Mariani? He went to Commack High North. He lived in the neighborhood that was at the crossroad of Indian head Rd and Kings Park rd.

Unfortnately, he's older than I am. I am just short of being 26, although I do know the places you spoke of. It's interesting though. It's strange, that there's a good chance since L.I. is so small, you can actually trace people back there. Also, I lived in the Candy Section btw, if your fiance remembers that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 08:16:36 PM by nopeaceforland »

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 08:51:29 PM »
Ramadan starts in a week--it'd be awesome for "Allah" to bless his followers with a bit o' gusty wind and some rain. Maybe if "Allah" is being very generous, he'll blow the contents of a pork deli into a downtown Miami mosque during Friday noontime prayers!  ;D

One can only hope! O0 :::D

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 12:18:37 AM »
Damn I hate hurricanes, hopefully it won't hit the panhandle again this time.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 12:43:01 AM »
Shalom,

My prayers are with the people of Florida. My aunt and uncle are weathering out the storm in Hollywood, FL.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 12:17:33 PM »

Unfortnately, he's older than I am. I am just short of being 26, although I do know the places you spoke of. It's interesting though. It's strange, that there's a good chance since L.I. is so small, you can actually trace people back there. Also, I lived in the Candy Section btw, if your fiance remembers that.

Hi Nopeace....first I hope you did ok through the hurricaine and there was no damage to your home. My fiance said that you lived off Scholar Lane...that is where the Candy section was. Remember Peppermint Rd, Coconut Dr. and Marshmellow Dr. ?

Shalom for now !  Dox

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »

Hi Nopeace....first I hope you did ok through the hurricaine and there was no damage to your home. My fiance said that you lived off Scholar Lane...that is where the Candy section was. Remember Peppermint Rd, Coconut Dr. and Marshmellow Dr. ?

Shalom for now !  Dox

Republicandox: Thanks to you and everyone else for your kind words! :) Fortunately, I only hit major rain. No real damage. The north isn't out of the woods yet, I wish them good luck!

More or less off of Scholar. You got the streets right, but I'd say that I was closer to North Ridge Elementary School. I lived on Candy Lane (and no, I'm not on LSD, this was the name! :::D) It was strange, you had Caramel Ct & Dr., Marshmallow Dr., Pepermint Rd., Candy Lane. All in all a sweet place to live. :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 01:32:40 PM by nopeaceforland »