Author Topic: Ideas for how to generate interest for jtf.org amongst Jewish community  (Read 955 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I have some ideas on how to generate interest in jtf.org and the jtf forum among the Jewish blog community.   This hit me when I was reading Rabbi Gil Student's newest blog entry here http://hirhurim.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-become-influential-jblogger.html

Especially this: "Post meaningful comments to other blogs and put your URL in the appropriate place."

He was at the recent Nefesh B' Nefesh -hosted Jewish blogger convention in Israel.  Here he gives tips for how the Jewish bloggers can generate hits for their blogs.   I was thinking that some of these tips are actually useful for our site as well.   I believe that a few people from JTF should comment at the most popular Jewish blog sites, hirhurim being one of them, and always list jtf.org/e or jtf.org as in the "URL" section that it offers under "name" for the comments.  These should be respectful comments always.   I have also seen the samsonblinded site advertise this way all over the internet.   They put up brief posts onto random discussions in blogs such as "I understand what you are saying here, but I have a different opinion about this issue.  Please see my site here " and they put their url for their site.    I came across this in a number of places.   That was more of a random attack, putting a cookie cutter statement that doesn't point to a specific article or subject, just to the main page, and that could be a response to any topic under the sun.    I think there are more specific ways to go about it, such as commenting on a certain topic, and linking to a specific JTF article about that issue, from our JTF "issues" section (or however the new site will look).   

But first and foremost, we should list out some of the most popular Jewish blog sites.   Then maybe 1 person assigned to each site, to somehow push JTF there, either an attention-getting (respectful!) comment with jtf.org as the URL, or a comment saying the site in the actual statement and saying 'we have a different view,' for a relevant issue, etc.

The same can be done in the general blog scene, not just Jewish blogs.   For example, atlas shrugs, debbie schlussel, people can comment there and always list the URL.

Also I'm not sure what the "Jrants" thing is, but that may also be relevant....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:34:42 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ideas for how to generate interest for jtf.org amongst Jewish community
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:25:12 AM »
I agree with you that we need to publicize this movt more extensively in the mainstream Jewish community. I think Chaim should take out an ad in the Jewish Press if he can afford it and if they would comply. I think that if more NYC jews found out about JTF, we are bound to get more support.
I am urinating on a Koran.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »
I think that is also a great idea. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »
Best thing to do is, on a Sunday afternoon, make some JTF fliers and just pass out through Jewish neighborhoods.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 08:50:34 PM »
Mord seems to follow the posts on the Jewish blogs.  Perhaps, when he comments on those sites, he can include a link to the forum where they ask you for your web address.  I would do it myself, but Jewish blogs are just too darn depressing for me.  From what I've seen, they're run by nice, well meaning people, but they don't offer suggestions as Chaim does.  Nor are they as hardcore or as blunt as Chaim. 

But anyway, here are some suggestions:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com

www.israpundit.com

www.israellycool.com

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com (I think he has account here.)

http://www.madzionist.com

http://www.debbieschlussel.com

And there's lots more.  If you check out the blogrolls on these sites you'll find even more blogs.

Lisa

Offline Zionistforever

• Senior JTFer
  • long live zionism, Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:58:54 PM »
Best thing to do is, on a Sunday afternoon, make some JTF fliers and just pass out through Jewish neighborhoods.
i live in a moderately large
 jewish community  O0
Eretz Tzion Yerushalaim. Hashem bless Israel. http://www.falange1.com/death2islam.gif

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
I would do it myself, but Jewish blogs are just too darn depressing for me.  From what I've seen, they're run by nice, well meaning people, but they don't offer suggestions as Chaim does.  Nor are they as hardcore or as blunt as Chaim. 

Of course not.  That's the whole point.   We go in and offer a suggestion or a link to our site to people who otherwise are completely unaware.   And also if the Jewish blogs we're referring to did what Chaim does, there would be no need for JTF in the first place (in a sense).  Or at least what we say would not be anything new.   My point is to get the link out there to sites that otherwise have nothing to do with us or don't know us, but are "Jbloggers" who get a lot of hits in the Jewish blog community.

So the sites you list are good, but other of the most popular Jewish blogger sites was what I had in mind.   The 'atlas shrugs crowd' would likely already know of us (not that comments there with the JTF url wouldn't also help!  It would), and yidwithlid is even a member here.... But Hurhurim blog has a lot of viewers, many are zionist, modern orthodox/charedi, but we have never been mentioned there or they probably have never heard of us or seen us.   So a place like that.   I'm not really sure what are the most popular aside from hurhurim.   The ones you list are very good tho, the more sites we get our name onto in the comments, the better.   

especially if somebody who does this will check for the most recent blog entry and comment first or close to first.    Probably a vast majority of the readers that are regulars at the blog click the comments and at least look through the beginning, so a comment in the first 5 comments or so with the jtf url would be good.  But not in a spamming fashion.    And the best way to go about it would be if the person writes a very cogent and compelling comment relevant to whatever blog entry, by stating a Rav Kahane or Chaim ben Pesach/JTF position clearly and authoritatively to go along with the jtf link.    Often when I read a really good comment on a blog, I do a roll-over with the mouse to see if the person writing it has his own site.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »
i live in a moderately large
 jewish community  O0

Maybe Jews Against Obama fliers would be a great idea to distribute, it will make people think :)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 11:10:23 PM »
I don't have any Jewish neighborhoods near me unless you count Altanta and that is about 75 miles away. I will be glad to put up fliers at the muzzie schools.   ;D

Why do so many Jews live in New York and Miami?
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."