Author Topic: Own any pets?  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Own any pets?
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »
Don't get a pit bull, it will seem nice and may be very loyal to you but one day it could turn on you in an instant. Go with the Shepherd or Husky.

My uncle had one and it was a great dog
It depends on what sex the dog is

Are males or females better? I imagine getting the dogs spayed or neutered could also make a difference.

Females tend to be a better choice

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 01:26:21 AM »
One dog that's always scared me really badly are dobermans. There used to be some evil ones that lived across the street from me when I was growing up and they acted like they wanted to kill me and attacked my friend. Of course I say evil in the sense of their being dangerous, of course animals themselves are not evil.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 01:27:24 AM »
One dog that's always scared me really badly are dobermans. There used to be some evil ones that lived across the street from me when I was growing up and they acted like they wanted to kill me and attacked my friend. Of course I say evil in the sense of their being dangerous, of course animals themselves are not evil.

I women in my building had one it was a pain

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2008, 01:29:32 AM »

I don't like Rottweilers either, they never seemed to be friendly to me at all. I've usually encountered them as very aggressive snarling dogs that look like they have the power to easily follow through.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2008, 01:30:24 AM »

I don't like Rottweilers either, they never seemed to be friendly to me at all. I've usually encountered them as very aggressive snarling dogs that look like they have the power to easily follow through.
To me Rottweilers are like pig dogs

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2008, 01:32:30 AM »

They do look like it! They're just as dangerous as wild pigs too.

One reason I stopped taking walks is one day I saw a loose rottweiler running around the neighborhood. Another time there was a partially broken fence and a rott kept trying to break through it to kill me. I tried to get away as fast as I could without running.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2008, 01:34:16 AM »

One reason I stopped taking walks is one day I saw a loose rottweiler running around the neighborhood. Another time there was a partially broken fence and a rott kept trying to break through it to kill me. I tried to get away as fast as I could without running.

If a dog attacks if you can kick them in the ribs

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2008, 01:59:12 AM »

When I was 9 years old, I was playing outside one day and I noticed a dog sitting in a yard 3 houses away. I noticed something wrong right away, the dog was staring at me and he was sitting in the attack position, I felt so uneasy and fell into the dogs trap...I ran as fast as I could but it was too late, the dog got the back of my leg...he broke the skin and I had a horrible bruise where I was bit.

Shalom from Dox 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2008, 02:29:32 AM »
Shalom,

Just to be balanced I will add that my experience with a Rottweiler was a good one. Many years ago {In the late 80s} a friend of mine raised a Rottweiler from a puppy. I knew this dog since it was a little critter and it grew up quickly. Those dogs eat a lot and grow a lot and become big dogs. If the dog knows you it is very friendly and likes to play and lick you in the face. But if it gets riled up, is afraid, or thinks you are an invader, it can chomp on your bones like a toothpick. My friends dog used to chew on cement blocks. They have mighty jaws which I am glad I have never had to worry about. This dog used to love me and sit next to me when I visited.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2008, 08:41:08 AM »
If a dog attacks if you can kick them in the ribs

They usually attack head on, so how would I be able to get around to their side in time if one came charging at me? lol