Author Topic: Could somebody please help me understand Chaim's answer to Zoidberg?  (Read 620 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
I ask this question respectfully, please do not take offense.  Zoidberg asked Chaim on ask JTF about Christian persecution of the Jews in comparison to muslim persecution of Jews.  I understood Chaim's answer, but I have to take exception to one specific point.  Chaim suggested that the persecutions the Jews endured was G-d's punishment to them for living outside the land of Israel.  Even the holocaust was punishment to the Jews for living outside Israel.  I have heard this before and to a degree it makes sense.  What does not make sense to me is why G-d would choose to punish the 1.5 million children who were murdered by the nazis (ym"sh).  What was their crime?  Or was their murder a punishment to their parents?  Am I being too literal?  Am I misinterpretting?  Could somebody please help me to understand this difficult topic?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Could somebody please help me understand Chaim's answer to Zoidberg?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:45:48 PM »
Sometimes children suffer because of the sins of their parents. Think of the flood.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:57:27 PM »
How better to impact/punish someone then to harm thier children. For your child to die before you is the most unnatural thing in the universe.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »
How better to impact/punish someone then to harm thier children. For your child to die before you is the most unnatural thing in the universe.

Ya Think :'(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:12:12 PM »

Shamgar,

You are telling me... Think how my mother must feel with her youngest son  taken on 9/11 by Islamic Terrorists? It is beyond understanding!

muman613

PS: Yet after 9/11 I did my teshuva and I have more faith in Hashem. Some Jews gained faith after the Holocaust and some lost their faith.

PPS: There was a great renaissance in Jewish learning after the terrible events of the Holocaust. In some way it may be Hashems way of reminding the Jews what happens if we forget to keep our side of the covenent, which includes not living with Amalek {those who hate Jews}.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:14:19 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14