Author Topic: What is your attitude 7 years later?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
What is your attitude 7 years later?
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »
I had a debate with my college professor a couple years ago.  He was protesting Americas supposed over-reaction to islam in the wake of 9/11.  I told him that I though America did not react harshly enough against islam.  He said he completely disagreed and said, "9/11 was a tragic day but it was still just one day.  America should let go of its hatred towards islam."

I told him that it was easy for him to say that, and that he was a big sport with other people's blood.  I told him that I wouldn't forgive those people who wish to destroy American lives, and that not all lives are equal.  A life spent planning or causing the destruction of others is not equal to a life spent in pursuit of something meaningful.  I also told him that every American soldier who prevents an American from dying by killing an enemy is logically an American hero.

Needless to say, we aren't friends anymore, which is too bad because I did like him.  But it was he who couldn't be friends with me because I had a different opinion than him.  I would have been prepared to stick out the friendship and debate the issues.

Anyway, I know that this story is a long way of bringing it up, but I would like to know what your opinions are now that 7 years have passed.  Are you still as angry as you were that day?  How have your perspectives changed since then?

For me personally, I am every bit as angry now with those countries who funded this attack.  And I am every bit as angry with those arabs who celebrated in the streets.  Most importantly, I want islam to never take over in the west, though I know that there are many liberals who would disagree.

What are your thoughts?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: What is your attitude 7 years later?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »
I wonder if he'd feel differently if it had been his family that had died in that "one day" event. I would have wanted to hurt him if he said that in front of me.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:14:13 AM »
I wonder if he'd feel differently if it had been his family that had died in that "one day" event. I would have wanted to hurt him if he said that in front of me.

Well, that's right.  He didn't have a problem forgiving them, because it didn't happen to him.  This inability to feel...it's just appalling.  Of course he could forgive the muslims, but it wasn't up to him to forgive.

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »
"He didn't have a problem forgiving them, because it didn't happen to him.  This inability to feel...it's just appalling.  Of course he could forgive the muslims, but it wasn't up to him to forgive."

Gents, you'll excuse me for opining that you're both missing the mark a bit.  It's not that this professor has lost his ability to feel, he's been trained by the fantasy world of academia to avoid judging others at all cost.  You can engage in all manner of abhorent behavior on a college campus, and it's celebrated as diversity.  But woe to the native-born American who denigrates a primitive/ third-world culture, who refuses to embrace (even literally) sexual perversion, who dares to oppose racial quotas, etc, etc, etc.

The irony of course is that this refusal to pass judgment on anything invites the growth of Islam, a faith that even Hitler must have admired for its rigidity.  This may one day reach a point where Islam cuts the throats of the 'diverse' in our society.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
I had a debate with my college professor a couple years ago.  He was protesting Americas supposed over-reaction to islam in the wake of 9/11.  I told him that I though America did not react harshly enough against islam.  He said he completely disagreed and said, "9/11 was a tragic day but it was still just one day.  America should let go of its hatred towards islam."

I told him that it was easy for him to say that, and that he was a big sport with other people's blood.  I told him that I wouldn't forgive those people who wish to destroy American lives, and that not all lives are equal.  A life spent planning or causing the destruction of others is not equal to a life spent in pursuit of something meaningful.  I also told him that every American soldier who prevents an American from dying by killing an enemy is logically an American hero.

Needless to say, we aren't friends anymore, which is too bad because I did like him.  But it was he who couldn't be friends with me because I had a different opinion than him.  I would have been prepared to stick out the friendship and debate the issues.

Anyway, I know that this story is a long way of bringing it up, but I would like to know what your opinions are now that 7 years have passed.  Are you still as angry as you were that day?  How have your perspectives changed since then?

For me personally, I am every bit as angry now with those countries who funded this attack.  And I am every bit as angry with those arabs who celebrated in the streets.  Most importantly, I want islam to never take over in the west, though I know that there are many liberals who would disagree.

What are your thoughts?

Zachor,

My anger will never subside. I WANT JUSTICE. I want the forces which cause my brothers death on 9/11 to be destroyed, utterly. I want to prevent those who rise against us from killing other innocent people. This war will not stop because Islam seeks world domination. It is sad that they have set themselves against us in this way. I am prepared to rage against them for the rest of my days. I will give all my resources to defeat those who seek to kill me and my people. Our G-d is with us in distress and he will answer our call. We need his strength and wisdom to defeat our very crafty enemy.

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:21:27 PM »
Zachor, you professor friend is an imbecile. Next time someone gives you an argument like this, just ask you opponent, if I punch you in the face just one time, would it change your attitude towards me? Remember, just one punch, a good one at that! He still doesn't get it, then drop him!  :laugh:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
Zachor,

My anger will never subside. I WANT JUSTICE. I want the forces which cause my brothers death on 9/11 to be destroyed, utterly. I want to prevent those who rise against us from killing other innocent people. This war will not stop because Islam seeks world domination. It is sad that they have set themselves against us in this way. I am prepared to rage against them for the rest of my days. I will give all my resources to defeat those who seek to kill me and my people. Our G-d is with us in distress and he will answer our call. We need his strength and wisdom to defeat our very crafty enemy.

muman613

As it is I am mad as hell at those vermin who did this to us, but I can't imagine how I would feel if I lost my brother on that day.  As I've said before, I can only pray that G-d balances out the scales of justice in the world to come.  In the meantime, we have to make our own justice.  And like you Muman, I will devote all of my energies to defeat those who would kill me and my people.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 07:04:17 PM »
Each and every day, EVERY American should feel the same anger toward Islam like 9/11 is everyday.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
I WILL NEVER FORGET, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE!!!
DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!! >:( >:( >:(
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 09:54:33 PM »
Never forgive the terrorists!!! They must pay for what they did in America, and for what they did in Israel. No peace with evil. True peace means destroying evil.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »

What are your thoughts?
To sum up the realities I might quote, perhaps the greatest Jew in modern history: "Ignorance and arrogance are the poisons of the Liberal mind." - HaRav Meir Kahane Z"L

Your Professor is another enlightened unthinking closed minded ignoramus.  In 1925 Volume 1 of Mein Kempf was published and Volume 2 one year later.  Sales of this book remained stagnant to dismal until 1933 when Adolf Shitler was making his rise to Fuhrerdom of the Third Reich; than to be a continual best seller.  In fact, I believe Mein Kempf is the only book that had been a best seller that very few had actually taken the time to read. 

Sadly, all of these same enlightened and opinionated ignoramus purchased this book as a coffee table "Look at me" furniture piece to show their popular inclusiveness.  Sadly, like your professor whose never actually read the Qur'an/Hadith, the peoples of Germany never read Mein Kempf and allowed Nazism to bloom and plummet The Third Reich into an Occult led Communistic frenzy but also into a war costing about 75million lives.

These people are "know it alls" while in reality they are mentally inept, entertain illogical, a-historical academic unthinking theories. 

The following is from page 342 of Paul Johnson's INTELLECTUALS:

"But I think I detect today a certain public scepticism when intellectuals stand up to preach to us, a growing tendency among ordinary people to dispute the right of academics, writers and philosophers, eminent though they may be, to tell us how to behave and conduct our affairs.  The belief seems to be spreading that intellectuals are no wiser as mentors, or worthier as exemplars, than the witch doctors or priests of old.  I share that scepticism.  A dozen people picked at random on the street are at least as likely to offer sensible views on moral and political matters as a cross-section of the intelligentsia.  But I would go further.  One of the principal lessons of our tragic century, which has seen so many innocent lives sacrificed in schemes to improve the lot of humanity is - beware intellectuals.  Not merely should they be kept well away from the levers of power, they should also be objects of particular suspicion when they seek to offer collective advice.  Beware committees, conferences and leagues of intellectuals.  Distrust public statements issued from their serried ranks.  Discount their verdicts on political leaders and important events.  For intellectuals, far from being highly individualistic and non-conformist people, follow certain regular patterns of behaviour.  Taken as a group, they are often ultra-conformist within the circles formed by those whose approval they seek and value.  That is what makes them, en masse, so dangerous, for it enables them to create climates of opinion and prevailing orthodoxies, which themselves often generate irrational and destructive courses of action.  Above all, we must at all times remember what intellectuals habitually forget:  that people matter more than concepts and must come first.  The worst of all despotisms is the heartless tyranny of ideas."
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 10:50:03 PM »
I know that there is no thought on the left and consequently, there is virtually no thought on college campuses.  I walked through campus the other day and some kid was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of George Bush with a Hitler mustache.  The caption underneath said "wanted dead or alive--war criminal.  This idiot actually compares Bush with Hitler (ym"sh).  So I asked him if he actually thought about the meaning of this shirt before he bought it, or if he bought it just so he could impress some girl.  There is no thought on the left.  None.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 08:11:58 AM »
I know that there is no thought on the left and consequently, there is virtually no thought on college campuses.  I walked through campus the other day and some kid was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of George Bush with a Hitler mustache.  The caption underneath said "wanted dead or alive--war criminal.  This idiot actually compares Bush with Hitler (ym"sh).  So I asked him if he actually thought about the meaning of this shirt before he bought it, or if he bought it just so he could impress some girl.  There is no thought on the left.  None.
Your words ring true. Sadly but true. Most never entertain the question: "How did it get to be this way?"  The answer is very complex to be explained but simple for those that know and understand.

This happened to me as well with some idiot wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt and also the confrontation with a "professor" who attempted to give the pop-cultural response of "He was for the common people, the working man"....which is nothing further from the truth. 

Dumb dumb dumb....
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »
I am still full of anger and I will never forget the bXXXards that attacked our country and killed our citizens. I had to change the channel on the radio this morning during a tribute as it was just too much to bear.

We have not done enough to wipe this plague off the face of the earth. God bless all of those who lost family and friends on that horrible day.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 11:25:22 AM »
I am still full of anger and I will never forget the bXXXards that attacked our country and killed our citizens. I had to change the channel on the radio this morning during a tribute as it was just too much to bear.

We have not done enough to wipe this plague off the face of the earth. G-d bless all of those who lost family and friends on that horrible day.

Those who did this to us, would do it again when they could.  I don't want to see more memorials, and vigils, and yarzheits, and rememberance services, because we have to recover from new attacks.  I want America safe and that means defeating them before they can attack us.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »
The thing that stuck with me the most was the images of people leaping to their deaths out the windows... the absolute terror they must have felt as they fell...  >:(

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 11:37:13 AM »
The thing that stuck with me the most was the images of people leaping to their deaths out the windows... the absolute terror they must have felt as they fell...  >:(

Seeing that, I think, was what made me the most angry.  What did those people do to those animals that they deserved this?  The media very quickly stopped showing it.  I think that they should show it every day.  I think school children need to see it.  People must understand that the horrific sight of people falling to their deaths symbolizes islam.  People need to know what they are dealing with.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:38 AM »
Seeing that, I think, was what made me the most angry.  What did those people do to those animals that they deserved this?  The media very quickly stopped showing it.  I think that they should show it every day.  I think school children need to see it.  People must understand that the horrific sight of people falling to their deaths symbolizes islam.  People need to know what they are dealing with.

Here is the symbol of Islam in thier own land...

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »
I WILL NEVER FORGIVE WHAT THE MUSLIM NAZIS DID TO US ON 9/11! NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 12:34:20 PM »
Zachor,

It is believed that my brother, Jonathan, was a jumper. My mother relates this to me every year. This is because my brother revealed to her that he was claustrophobic. Also the fact is that of all the people who worked on his floor only his remains were found, and quickly. It is enough to give me nightmares sometimes.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Gentile

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 12:57:31 PM »
That it aint over yet, and it may not be over until Judgement Day.  However…

Too many Americans and allies have died around the world.  The job must be finished and with absolute authority.  That they may have died in vain cannot be tolerated.  This is where obama could be a problem.  I do not like the man, let alone trust him.

As odd as it sounds to me now, it has crossed my mind that I would like to see the U.S. take full control of iraq and either make it the 51st state or give it to Israel (should the Israeli people even want it) and let her fill with military bases.

For those who believe that America can never be conquered had better look back through history.  For eyes that cannot see, the U.S., England, and Israel have been three of the most hated countries in history.

9/11  Lest We Forget

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »
Now there are traitors, including JEWISH traitors, who advocate for civil rights for guantanamo detainees, and who say that America brought it upon themselves, and who preach tolerance for muslims.  They say that we have to understand their grievances.  Even more astoundingly, there are people like Nick Berg's father, who blames the beheading of his son on George Bush!!!  The blood of every single person killed by muslims is on the head of every "tolerant" liberal who cares more about appeasing islam than protecting innocents.

The muslims are my enemy and I am their enemy.  I understand them and they understand me.  But I will never understand those people who say that they are for everyone.  It doesn't even make logical sense.  How can somebody be for everyone?  They are sneaks, they can't even admit that they are for evil, so they say they are for everyone.  They don't fool me.  Right now, across every campus in America, there is at least one professor telling his students that America had it coming.  I expect them to say it in the mosques, but they shouldn't be brainwasing our young people.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 01:44:38 PM »
Here is the symbol of Islam in thier own land...

Question for you Shamgar, where is Institute for Inter-racial harmony?  I want to send them an email to enlighten them to the fact that all cultures, peoples, faiths and socio-politically embraced theories are all different.  If one holds any self respect whatsoever for their being they are "racist".......

What an inept quiz....