Author Topic: Christians observing Ramadan  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Betsalèl.N.N.

• New JTFer
Christians observing Ramadan
« on: September 17, 2008, 05:04:15 AM »
Christian friends don't be afraid of the title it's just french journalism... (By Tahar Hani)
No information in this article about thoses Christians...

"...Nothing much, admits this agnostic"
"...A Christian who converted to Islam after marrying a Tunisian woman"

http://www.france24.com/en/20080910-christians-who-observe-ramadan-religion

“I’ve been observing Ramadan for the past two years and I think I’ll observe it again in the future. I’ve nothing to lose. It’s manageable physically; and I think it’s an ideal way to prove my love to my better half”
“Ramadan purifies my body and soul. It washes away all my sins and helps me get a step closer to the master of the Universe"
“Tomorrow, even if I’m no longer with my wife, I would continue to follow the same path; it’s mektub (destiny). God wanted my life’s path to cross with that of Islam.”

Anyone knowns the word for subtility in arab ?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Christians observing Ramadan
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:01:38 AM »
I know an old man who married a muslim woman. He is also observing ramadan, and as a result, now lays in bed with high fever...
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:48:47 AM »
This is totally contrary to the basic concept of Christianity to observe Ramadan. This so called Christians have no idea of their own religion.

No Christian is commanded to keep any formal holiday and he gains nothing through it. Actually there is according to Calvin only the moral commitment to rest and for service one day in the week. But one day is as good for it as another.

This "Christians" are so selfhating, that they worship every alien cult, but don't engange in their own religion.  :'(

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
Christians should not celebrate Ramadan. It's not a Christian holiday.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:31:56 AM »
The only non-Christian Holiday's I celebrate are New Years and Thanksgiving. :)
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
  • Down with Islam, Self-Hating Jews and Jew Haters
    • Arutz Sheva 7 Israel National News
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:41:33 PM »
I think I remember watching a television show, Jerry Springer or something, where he interviewed a group called Satanists for Christ.  What a freaky world we live in.  There was one pastor in Anglican church  I think who said the name of God should be renamed to Allah.  Someone asked, if they should replace Christ with Allah's Messenger?  Some Christians I talk to say Mohammad and CHrist are the same. 

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »
This is totally contrary to the basic concept of Christianity to observe Ramadan. This so called Christians have no idea of their own religion.

No Christian is commanded to keep any formal holiday and he gains nothing through it. Actually there is according to Calvin only the moral commitment to rest and for service one day in the week. But one day is as good for it as another.

This "Christians" are so selfhating, that they worship every alien cult, but don't engange in their own religion.  :'(

Yes, it's sad....... :'(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Diomedes

• New JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »
This is a post-Christian world now, simply because so many Christians no longer even observe the basic tenets of their faith. Many Christians are turning away from their religion and finding other religions to follow, yet the ones who become followers of the Brit Noah or who convert to Judaism are fulfilling the words of Zechariah and Jeremiah:

Thus saith the L-rd of Hosts: In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold, out of all the languages of the nations, shall even take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying: 'We will go with you, for we have heard that G-d is with you.' (Zechariah 8:23)

O L-rd, my strength, and my stronghold, and my refuge, in the day of affliction, unto Thee shall the nations come from the ends of the earth, and shall say: 'Our fathers have inherited nought but lies, vanity and things wherein there is no profit.' Shall a man make unto himself gods, and they are no gods? Therefore, behold, I will cause them to know, this once will I cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My Name is the L-rd. (Jeremiah 16: 19-20)

I say this as a Noahide and mean no disrespect to the Christian religion. I merely see the waning influence of Christianity, the rise of cultism, and the acceptance of the Unity of G-d by non-Jews as a "sign of the times". Many expect the Day of Wrath to arrive, yet I think that it will be unlike anything that anyone is expecting- simply because there are so many expectations about it! There are many, many earnest Christians who want to do what is right by G-d, who fear His Name, and who pray for the World to Come. :) To wit, many liberal Christians have forgotten the Name of the L-rd and profess strange doctrines, the worship of false gods, and an acceptance of the abominations of abortion and buggery. I speak not of the Christian Trinity, for that is a matter that is internal to Christianity (and many of the aforesaid liberal Christians deny the most cardinal aspect of Christian theology: the resurrection), but of accepting Allah as the equal of the L-rd or of accepting the Arab imposter as a greater prophet than Moses.

All of these acceptances of non-Biblical ideals is an affront to G-d and constitutes avodah zerah, yet many Christians have no trouble in seeing their activities as being entirely consistent with what G-d accepts from a believer. Actually, it is an opinion, their own opinion, of what G-d accepts and nothing more.

Sig wunjo (Success and joy)!
Great is the fear of God; through him the world turns.
He established the mighty plains, the face of the earth and the sky above.
Foolish is he who fears not his Lord: death catches him unprepared.
Blessed is the humble man: mercy comes to him from heaven.
God gave man a soul because he trusts in His strength.

-From the Anglo-Saxon poem, "The Seafarer"

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »
Yes you have right but they're many Jews who abandon Judaism in fact all religions in the west exept islamism are loosing ground to atheism and/or new age, when the people in III third world countries are embracing the Christ.
BTW You're legaly forced to convert into mahometanism when planing to mary the Arab girl from Tunisia... so much about multicultism and Sarko's dialogue in Arabic with Islamic culture... :::D
http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/3591   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm