Author Topic: Just a Thought  (Read 843 times)

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
Just a Thought
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »
I know we're not a racist forum and we try not to be.  It's just that sometimes, we may forget it.  Now I don't like that leftist commie Markos Moulitsas, but do we have to go after the Greek stereotypes?  If we keep using remarks like "Moulitsas should choke on a lamb bone on Mount Olympus", we could turn off some of our Greek JTFers.  Also regarding the Finnish school shooting, can we not call them a bunch of "Odin Worshippers"?  Maybe the shooter did worship Odin, but not all Scandinavians are like that.

Think now about stereotypes used against your ethnicity or nationality.  Do you want them to call you a "big nose money grabber" or a "garlic Roman" or in my case a "frostbitten hosehead"?  These are tactics used by hate groups.  Do we want to sink to their level?
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: Just a Thought
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:59:30 PM »
Is there any Greek JTFers?

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:00:49 PM »
I know we're not a racist forum and we try not to be.  It's just that sometimes, we may forget it.  Now I don't like that leftist commie Markos Moulitsas, but do we have to go after the Greek stereotypes?  If we keep using remarks like "Moulitsas should choke on a lamb bone on Mount Olympus", we could turn off some of our Greek JTFers.  Also regarding the Finnish school shooting, can we not call them a bunch of "Odin Worshippers"?  Maybe the shooter did worship Odin, but not all Scandinavians are like that.

Think now about stereotypes used against your ethnicity or nationality.  Do you want them to call you a "big nose money grabber" or a "garlic Roman" or in my case a "frostbitten hosehead"?  These are tactics used by hate groups.  Do we want to sink to their level?

You're right.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »
I think some of the rhetoric on this forum gets out of hand sometimes.  While I know what is meant by some of the more charged language, I wonder if some of our newer members will put up with it.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 02:10:28 AM »
I think that it's an JTF code that we use when communicateing with each other. But you are right if an outsider saw it they could spin it in a bad way.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Lef

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:46:57 AM »
I think some of the rhetoric on this forum gets out of hand sometimes.  While I know what is meant by some of the more charged language, I wonder if some of our newer members will put up with it.

You are absolutely right!

I am new here. I have spent many hours reading threads and visitin links given to watch videos or other things.

Although I am not so religious in my religious pratice, I assure you you that I am 'very jewish' and very zionist. For example, I think that the arabs already have a state in palestine (ie Jordan) so it is out of the question to give them an inch of territory presently controlled by Israel.

Having said all that, I must say that I am shocked by the language used on this forum. In fact, I have already said so in other threads. What strikes me is that practically all participants here are obviously intelligent and demonstrate great committment and activism. But ... if you want to convince people who are less convinced that you, you cannot agress them with insults constantly thrown at all sorts of people, jews and non jews alike. (although I think you are actually harder on jews than on non jewish adversaries which is to your credit because it shows your attitude is not at all based on 'racism')

Please look at it this way :  our society is ill. Lying is the order of the day. People think it is 'clever' to lie in order to win an argument or whatever else. For me, it is like a decease, an illness, very much like an addiction.

Now, when you want to treat an ill person, you do not expect the patient to go immediately from "ill" (or addicted or whatever) to "healthy" (in agreement with you). And if you insult your prospective patients, they will never even listen to your proposed cure.

Think about it please.  And if you should find my words somewhat 'offensive'  this would confirm that you do have a problem engaging other people with a view to convince them. For if you cannot rally around your group sincere people like me, then you do not have a shred of a chance to ever convince the majority out there. And I mean that : never, not ever.

leon
If I am not for myself, who will be ?  And if not now, then when ?

(biblical wisdom)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:49:54 PM »
Also regarding the Finnish school shooting, can we not call them a bunch of "Odin Worshippers"?
of course we should'nt call them 'Odin worshippers' since Finns never worshipped Odin          http://www.finnishmyth.org/p3.html 

call them 'Ukko worshippers' :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:56:05 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 01:27:23 PM »

Zachor I VERY MUCH agree with you. People call me a liberal, b/c I am not a racist against black people. GO FIGURE.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates