Author Topic: Who is Joyce Meyer?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Who is Joyce Meyer?
« on: September 25, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »
Reverend Manning talkes about her. Not positively.

Is she a cult leader?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Who is Joyce Meyer?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »
In my opinion, in a way, possibly...she is one of those tv preachers that has raked in MILLIONS of dollars off the sheep, owns mansions, etc....

I don't have much respect for those types...quite honestly.....

She might have some good teachings once in awhile, but she is filthy rich....got the $$$ from the people....

It is quite possible she in on the IRS's list of being investigated, Benny Hinn is being investigated by them right now and there were others on their list...

I can't remember if she was one of them or not, it is quite possible....

All I can remember is Benny Hinn at the moment....

He must have one too many Lear Jets or something.... :laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
I agree with you--I can't support Christian leaders like that. They rake in megabucks because their gullible followers think that by sending them lots of money, G-d will make them rich in turn. It's a total theological scam.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »
I agree with you--I can't support Christian leaders like that. They rake in megabucks because their gullible followers think that by sending them lots of money, G-d will make them rich in turn. It's a total theological scam.

I agree.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 05:38:35 PM »
Yes, I have a preacher friend who preaches against this sort of thing....he calls it "Mammon Worship"..we seem to be seeing more and more of it in the Christian circles...... >:(

ONE DAY IT WILL ALL COME FALLING DOWN, when the stock market crashes......

People having "conferences" and charging hundreds of dollars to the attendees...... >:(

ALl in the name of G-d.......

OH HERE IS AN ARTICLE, IT SEEMS JOYCE MEYER IS ALSO GETTING INVESTIGATED....

Some others too, such as Paula White.....

THERE IS A US SENATOR LEADING THIS INVESTIGATION...

WELL, ITS ABOUT TIME!!!  :dance:

http://nzagainstthecurrent.blogspot.com/2008/01/end-is-nigh-for-benny-hinn-and-friends.html
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »
If any of them were to start a homeless shelter, building housing for poor people here in AMERICA.....and feed the poor, that sort of thing HERE IN AMERICA>...

I would have much more respect for them...!!!!!!  8)

But I never hear of them doing that....

I dunno...

Joel Osteen, who owns a Mega Church in Texas, he seems to do things like that though, but I am not so sure about him.....I do like some of his teachings....he teaches things I never heard while growing up, very positive, like believing G-d can do things in your life if you will only let Him and things like that.....

But he travels around the world charging to have people listen to him, I don't know that I agree with that or not, he is raking in the $$$$$$, maybe he is using is for good, I sure hope so....HE SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD HEART, THAT IS MY OPINION, ANYWAY.......
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 05:45:18 PM »
I'm very opinionated about these things..... :laugh:

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I do know some others who agree with me on this.....

it's just that many of those mega "ministries" have gotten away for SO LONG without having to report to the IRS, etc.....there should be a law.....

They have raked up mansions for themselves down here......

I just don't think it's right...

All in the name of religion....

I am not sure what G-d thinks of it...well, I know He is in control of everything....

Perhaps He judges people's heart's in all of these things? yes, I think so......

EVERYTHING IS  A TEST!!!

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »
I did not mean to hijack your thread..... :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 05:53:05 PM »

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »

Why black people always hold their weapons like this?

I doubt that in this way they will hit the bull's eye. But perhaps this is better  :::D

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 06:01:45 PM »

I doubt that in this way they will hit the bull's eye. But perhaps this is better  :::D

People lose accuracy by doing that
They want to look cool

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 06:44:29 PM »
She's a bunko artist who holds a Bible claiming that she favors no domination, except 20's, 50', 100's, etc.  Nothing that jingles.  I wish that more preachers took a page out of Billy Graham's book, as he keeps a low profile while spreading a powerful message when he does speak.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »
I've seen her on tv and like most of her messages. I don't know what else she's doing that people have such a problem with her and feel the need to bash her. Most of what I've heard her trying to say are things like avoiding blaming other people and to serve God in your every day life through your every day activities.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:49 PM »
Joel Osteen, who owns a Mega Church in Texas, he seems to do things like that though, but I am not so sure about him.....I do like some of his teachings....he teaches things I never heard while growing up, very positive, like believing G-d can do things in your life if you will only let Him and things like that.....

But he travels around the world charging to have people listen to him, I don't know that I agree with that or not, he is raking in the $$$$$$, maybe he is using is for good, I sure hope so....HE SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD HEART, THAT IS MY OPINION, ANYWAY.......

He is a liberal in many ways, however his church helped a lot of people during the hurricane. I don't like Joel as much as I did his father. His father John Osteen was a very devout and wonderful person and not a liberal at all. However Joel does what he can to uplift people. He got on the radio telling everyone to have an attitude of faith through the hard times the storm brought, etc.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »
She is an apostate as predicted in the Bible for this age. She preaches more on the personal power and salvation of the self then on God.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
She is an apostate as predicted in the Bible for this age. She preaches more on the personal power and salvation of the self then on G-d.

Ohhh, that's mixing Christianity in with Humanism........

:D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
She is an apostate as predicted in the Bible for this age. She preaches more on the personal power and salvation of the self then on G-d.

She tries to help people have a better understanding of how God and religion apply to their lives, like when they're at the grocery store or cleaning their house, they can be serving God by being good examples of Christians. I think this is a good message and I'm sorry you guys have such a big problem with it.

I don't know what all else she's doing but I never saw anything bad in her programs themselves.

As for all the money she supposedly makes a lot of that is supposed to be from book royalties and not from her ministry donations.

The investigation everyone's harping about came up clean:

The message also quoted an October 10, 2007 letter from the Internal Revenue Service which stated, "We determined that you [Joyce Meyer Ministries] continue to qualify as an organization exempt from Federal income tax under IRC section 501(c)(3)." The same information was also posted to the ministry website.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 07:30:23 PM »

They want to look cool

There is now a set of sights available for this style of shooting. Available only in the hood.

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 07:31:15 PM »

They want to look cool

There is now a set of sights available for this style of shooting. Available only in the hood.

What sights I cannot see

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 07:34:26 PM »
American Hero that image is terrible, but kind of funny at the same time.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »

I have better ones but they are not allowed on the forum

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »

It looks like he's angry because someone was playing tic tac toe on his hands and maybe he was losing. I know it's the broken image icon but the other interpretation came to me.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 07:37:58 PM »

It looks like he's angry because someone was playing tic tac toe on his hands and maybe he was losing.

Never watched the Movie Blood Sport?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 07:38:52 PM »

It looks like he's angry because someone was playing tic tac toe on his hands and maybe he was losing.

Is that the one with the illegal tournament called the Kumite or something like that where that blonde girl is a reporter and the guy fighting in it is her boyfriend, and he has that big American friend?

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »

Is that the one with the illegal tournament called the Kumite or something like that where that blonde girl is a reporter and the guy fighting in it is her boyfriend, and he has that big American friend?

Yes