Author Topic: Large Hadron Collider to recreate big bang, is this dangerous?  (Read 5984 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Large Hadron Collider to recreate big bang, is this dangerous?
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 01:46:45 AM »
Sorry about the bad news Muman.

BTW... can we all agree that we have NO IDEA whether or not this collider will be dangerous.  Unless there are any physicists here spcializing in this sorta thing on this forum. 

I sure as hell hope that the scientist who claims this could start a black whole is a complete crack-pot.

Thanks Briann,

We dont know what will happen. My feeling is it will be a non-event because they dont even know what they are looking for. I just think it is wrong to do experiments like this where the scientists admit there may be 'unforeseen' events.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 03:27:24 AM »
This is not dangerous, it's wonderful.  8)

We're going to have so many new things come out of this eventually, and in the short term, we'll understand our universe better.  O0

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 04:16:05 AM »
I hope Hashem would have mercy on Humanity and forbid any disaster. But I agree that there is a correlation with this experiment and 9/11. 9/11 just happened because apikorsim prefered their own death to respecting Jews. Had they respected Israel and renuonced hate, recognised Jerusalem and Torah, no Islamic lunatic would have had they minimum suppoort as to create al-Qaeda. The West had already experienced that terrorist orgs. grow when haters are given hope, but they prefered to continue with their evil paths.
And now, they are doing the same, they base their argument that the collider is safe on the idea that Earth is 5.000.000.000 years old, and so, those collisons have taken place one million times naturally, and nothing happened. But Torah says Earth is only 5768 years old, and so statistics would show that these collisions would have occurred  naturally only once, or never. And even if we consider Bereshit to be symbolic, wouldn't it be possible that Hashem is preventing this phenomenum in Nature everyday? These scientists are not religious. They have completely disregarded the Divine intervention and attempt to explain everything by reason, excluding G-od, even if they may believe in Him (they deny His control of the Universe).
And attempting to know the orgins of the world is not sience. It's rebellion and vanity. Why wanting to know that secret? Just to have it in mind for some decades? Don't those experts remember that, even if nothing goes wrong, they will die as any human being, and their knowledge will die with them?

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
This is not dangerous, it's wonderful.  8)

We're going to have so many new things come out of this eventually, and in the short term, we'll understand our universe better.  O0

I couldn't agree more.

I hope Hashem would have mercy on Humanity and forbid any disaster. But I agree that there is a correlation with this experiment and 9/11. 9/11 just happened because apikorsim prefered their own death to respecting Jews. Had they respected Israel and renuonced hate, recognised Jerusalem and Torah, no Islamic lunatic would have had they minimum suppoort as to create al-Qaeda. The West had already experienced that terrorist orgs. grow when haters are given hope, but they prefered to continue with their evil paths.
And now, they are doing the same, they base their argument that the collider is safe on the idea that Earth is 5.000.000.000 years old, and so, those collisons have taken place one million times naturally, and nothing happened. But Torah says Earth is only 5768 years old, and so statistics would show that these collisions would have occurred  naturally only once, or never. And even if we consider Bereshit to be symbolic, wouldn't it be possible that Hashem is preventing this phenomenum in Nature everyday? These scientists are not religious. They have completely disregarded the Divine intervention and attempt to explain everything by reason, excluding G-od, even if they may believe in Him (they deny His control of the Universe).
And attempting to know the orgins of the world is not sience. It's rebellion and vanity. Why wanting to know that secret? Just to have it in mind for some decades? Don't those experts remember that, even if nothing goes wrong, they will die as any human being, and their knowledge will die with them?

Is this not because everything has a reason? (That reason can be traced, eventually, back to God) How, please do explain, is the quest for knowledge of our existance "vanity"? Surely your argument can be extended that there is no point in learning anything for knowledge to pass down the generations as we'll just die. For example, why bother learning about how to make good music and passing this down the generations when you're just going to die eventually. This is an argument that logically contradicts the notion of the afterlife and I therefore respectfully suggest that it is wrong. And how is this denying God's control of the universe AT ALL?! Surely it's confirming that God built a universe that is so perfectly governed by hard and fast rules that has been created to an exact specification to allow us to thrive. That's not denying God, quite the reverse.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 04:52:06 PM »
I couldn't agree more.

Is this not because everything has a reason? (That reason can be traced, eventually, back to G-d) How, please do explain, is the quest for knowledge of our existance "vanity"? Surely your argument can be extended that there is no point in learning anything for knowledge to pass down the generations as we'll just die. For example, why bother learning about how to make good music and passing this down the generations when you're just going to die eventually. This is an argument that logically contradicts the notion of the afterlife and I therefore respectfully suggest that it is wrong. And how is this denying G-d's control of the universe AT ALL?! Surely it's confirming that G-d built a universe that is so perfectly governed by hard and fast rules that has been created to an exact specification to allow us to thrive. That's not denying G-d, quite the reverse.

Nic,

So you believe that everything can be known and we have the ability to do what Hashem himself does. I think this is rather vain myself. There is a reason that we dont know everything. I dont have a problem admitting that I will never know everything. As I said earlier, I believe that the more we think we know the less we actually know. But Hashem has HIDDEN HIMSELF on purpose. By smashing atoms or sending probes into space we do not get closer to him, we actually distance ourselves from him.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 07:08:36 PM »
Nic,

So you believe that everything can be known and we have the ability to do what Hashem himself does. I think this is rather vain myself. There is a reason that we dont know everything. I dont have a problem admitting that I will never know everything. As I said earlier, I believe that the more we think we know the less we actually know. But Hashem has HIDDEN HIMSELF on purpose. By smashing atoms or sending probes into space we do not get closer to him, we actually distance ourselves from him.

muman613

Nonsense. No, we can't know what God does. However we can see the day to day workings of His creation and become more certain of it's infinite beauty and power by the day. It does not take us closer to God, every discovery made begs another question, which all trace to God. However, looking at least at the parts we as humans can understand is seriously interesting and makes many many many people (even high profile scientists though they do not speak out about it much) very sure of God's existance. Surely this is a good thing. Observing Gods creation as carefully as possibly is exciting, interesting and above all useful in scientific progress. Science deals in fact. The Big Bang is only a theory, therefore it is not scientific. Mass and gravity definitely exist (however they are unexplained) so they are scientific. Surely human nature and the thirst for being as knowledgable about God's creation as possible are excellent justifications for all of this.

Besides, you tell me one place where it says in the Bible that science experiments such as these are not to be carried out.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »
Is this not because everything has a reason? (That reason can be traced, eventually, back to G-d) How, please do explain, is the quest for knowledge of our existance "vanity"? Surely your argument can be extended that there is no point in learning anything for knowledge to pass down the generations as we'll just die. For example, why bother learning about how to make good music and passing this down the generations when you're just going to die eventually. This is an argument that logically contradicts the notion of the afterlife and I therefore respectfully suggest that it is wrong.

If they care about the next generations they would work for a better world, not for curiosity. There are many good things to do for future generations and for the present also. The world establishment is preparing a horrible future.....full of hate and wars. How can they claim that they do this experiments out of love for next generations?
And I don't deny afterlife, but I suppose that, in the Olam Habaa, all neccessary knowledge will be spiritual and provided by Hashem

And how is this denying G-d's control of the universe AT ALL?! Surely it's confirming that G-d built a universe that is so perfectly governed by hard and fast rules that has been created to an exact specification to allow us to thrive. That's not denying G-d, quite the reverse.

We don't know if the world is governed perfectly by rules. We only assume it. What if there is no rule at all, and Hashem not only created the world but is also guiding it at every moment? They assume atoms collisions are safe becasuse it occurs naturally everyday. But is it safe? What if, according to physics, the world should explode every second, but Hashem is doing millions of miracles per second to save us?
The idea that the world was created once and now it is governed by natural rules is contrary to the Torah.

And the Bible has no prohibition against these experiments in written, but Torah is much more than a written text. The Sages forbade to investigate the beggining of the world.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 04:05:14 PM »
If they care about the next generations they would work for a better world, not for curiosity. There are many good things to do for future generations and for the present also. The world establishment is preparing a horrible future.....full of hate and wars. How can they claim that they do this experiments out of love for next generations?
And I don't deny afterlife, but I suppose that, in the Olam Habaa, all neccessary knowledge will be spiritual and provided by Hashem

We don't know if the world is governed perfectly by rules. We only assume it. What if there is no rule at all, and Hashem not only created the world but is also guiding it at every moment? They assume atoms collisions are safe becasuse it occurs naturally everyday. But is it safe? What if, according to physics, the world should explode every second, but Hashem is doing millions of miracles per second to save us?
The idea that the world was created once and now it is governed by natural rules is contrary to the Torah.

And the Bible has no prohibition against these experiments in written, but Torah is much more than a written text. The Sages forbade to investigate the beggining of the world.

OK let me start by saying I'm not Jewish so I didn't know about what the sages say. My apologies. In any case, they are not investigating the beginning of the world, they are creating conditions they believe to have been present in the beginning to investigate the world as it is at the moment.

While we can't ever know if the world is goverened by laws, we only assume it, this is true of all knowledge we claim to have. How is it anti Torah to say that God created a world which is perfect and has flawless rules governng it? Surely the whole idea of free will revolves round God just "letting us get on with it" which, logically extended would mean that the world would have to be predictable otherwise we wouldn;t know if we are coming or going.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 10:15:52 PM »
I do not believe this will cause the world to be destroyed. I've heard the arguments and I think it is silly to think a black hole could be so small. A black hole is a black hole because of the gravity due to mass.

:nuke:

Hashem is completely in full control because G-d has no boundaries or limitations and every day we exist is a miracle. History is not over yet. We have promises from the Torah.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 10:36:05 PM »
I laughed when someone said it could open a portal to an alien world, that reminds me of the video game halflife. Guess i'll be killing headcrabs with a crowbar.

That game is FUN! ;D
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 10:39:53 PM »
If it opens a door to another dimension it could let Zombies in. I hate Zombies. I love to blow away Zombies.

Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
Have they done the test yet? Does anyone know? Today was the big day...

I noticed we are all still here....... :laugh:

Yayyyyyyyyy.......

:dance: :dance: :dance:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »
Have they done the test yet? Does anyone know? Today was the big day...

I noticed we are all still here....... :laugh:

Yayyyyyyyyy.......

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »
Maybe not.   :o       I keep hearing a loud sucking noise from the direction of Europe!!

\
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
Maybe not.   :o       I keep hearing a loud sucking noise from the direction of Europe!!

\

:::D

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »
Of course it could just be that Pamela (Obama) Anderson has made a trip over there.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »
Of course it could just be that Pamela (Obama) Anderson has made a trip over there.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »
The Large Hadron Collider is officially out of commission until spring 2009 due to damage caused by the September 10th start-up. Apparently Doomsday has been moved a year ahead people.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26856525/