Author Topic: Are Sarah Palins ancestors Jewish  (Read 3046 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Are Sarah Palins ancestors Jewish
« on: October 10, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Sarah_Palin_Jewish   

Is Sarah Palin Jewish?
In: Sarah Palin  [Edit]

[Edit] 
Yes, based on Jewish tradition that makes one "Jewish" if born to a mother of Jewish ethnic decent, although touting at least a mask of evangelical christianity. IsraelNews.com was most upset about her relationship with Jews for Jesus, see
http://www.israelenews.com/view.asp?ID=3005 .

Sarah Palins mother (Sally Sheigam) was of Lithuanian Jewish heritage and so were both of her mothers parents (Louise Sheigam and Shmuel Sheigam). Her father Chuck Heath can also be considered of Jewish blood because his mother, Beatrice Coleman, was of Jewish decent. Further information on Governor Palin's ancestors can easily be found in the vital records in the Lithuanian State Historical Archives in Vilnius. http://www.archyvai.lt/ The Archives holds birth, marriage, divorce, and death records for the Lithuanian Jewish community from 1851 until 1915 when the Jews were required to leave the country because of World War I. They are in 18th Century Cyrillic script and Yiddish Many of these records include the mother's maiden name and town of registration.

Although she states that she was not a supporter of Pat Buchanan's presidential bid in 2000, Pat Buchanan has claimed that Palin did support him, and ABC News captured video of her welcoming Mr Buchanan to Alaska while wearing a Buchanan pin. Buchanan, a very conservative Catholic, is not popular among most Jewish voters due to his far right-wing views on the relationship between church and state, his occasional positive statements on the Nazi movement, and his lack of support for Israel (usually based upon principle, not clear anti-semitism). Some, including the McCain campain, claim that in 2000 Palin supported Steve Forbes.

Palin has three flags in her office: the flag of Alaska, the flag of the United States, and the flag of Israel. Two of Palin's prominent Alaska Jewish allies, Rabbi Joseph Greenberg and businessman Terry Gorlick, told Politico they consider her a friend of the Jews...see http://www.israelenews.com/view.asp?ID=3005

In addition, when she ran for governor, the
Republican Jewish Coalition Executive Director Matt Brooks issued the following statement today: "By choosing Governor Sarah Palin as the vice-presidential candidate, John McCain once again demonstrates good judgment and a commitment to challenging politics-as-usual. As governor of Alaska, Palin has enjoyed a strong working relationship with Alaska's Jewish community.

see http://www.ozaukeecountyrepublicans.com/cm/pdfs/news/RJC%20Applauds%20McCain%20Pick%20of%20Palin%20as%20VP.pdf

see http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2072808/posts

see http://www.vosizneias.com/19873/2008/08/31/alaska-chabad-rabbi-sarah-palin-a-great-friend-the-jewish-community/

see http://www.jewishpress.com/pageroute.do/36429/What_They_Stopped_Me_From_Saying_Sarah_Palin.html
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: Are Sarah Palins ancestors Jewish
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:36:01 PM »
I would not be surprised if this were true (that she has some Jewish blood). I think that she does look Jewish.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 01:37:04 PM »
I would not be surprised if this were true (that she has some Jewish blood). I think that she does look Jewish.

How does someone look Jewish?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »
I agree, how does someone look Jewish?

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »
Yes, of course, there are Jewish looks. Jewish people have the same DNA. I am not so good at telling Sephardic Jews apart from other similar looking people (a good rule of thumb though is if you are not sure whether thia is a Jew or an Arab, look in their eyes: Jews' eyes look intelligent  :) ), but Ashkenazi Jews are easier for me to recognze.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
Yes, of course, there are Jewish looks. Jewish people have the same DNA. I am not so good at telling Sefardic Jews apart from other similar looking people (a good rule of thumb though is if you are not sure whether thia is a Jew or an Arab, look in their eyes: Jews' eyes look intelligent  :) ), but Ashkenazi Jews are easier for me to recognze.

Jews are not a race, they come in every shape and form.

fat, skinny, tall, short, blue eyed, brown eyed, green eyed, blonde haired, brown haired, white skin, olive skin, green skin

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
Yes, of course, there are Jewish looks. Jewish people have the same DNA. I am not so good at telling Sefardic Jews apart from other similar looking people (a good rule of thumb though is if you are not sure whether thia is a Jew or an Arab, look in their eyes: Jews' eyes look intelligent  :) ), but Ashkenazi Jews are easier for me to recognze.

fat, skinny, tall, short, blue eyed, brown eyed, green eyed, blonde haired, brown haired, white skin, olive skin, green skin

Jews sure are a race. They are as much of a race (or ethnicity, if you will) as the English, the French, the Danes, the Poles, etc., etc... There have been NUMEROUS DNA studies proving this. In fact, Jews are even more homogeneous than other ethnicities. They come from the same stock of male genes, just as the Bible tells us, with a somewhat wider variety of the female genes. Please google this if you don't believe me. For example, the Oppenheim studies. Jewish common genetic ancestry is today proven to be a scientific fact. Blue eyes and fair hair are a part of the original Jewish phenotype as much as the much more common brown hair and eyes. The reason that there are more fair Jews in some regions than others, also the reason Sephardic Jews look somewhat different (darker) than the Ashkenazi Jews is the natural selection phenomenon called "genetic drift." Google it as well.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »

Jews sure are a race. They are as much of a race (or ethnicity, if you will) as the English, the French, the Danes, the Poles, etc., etc... There have been NUMEROUS DNA studies proving this. In fact, Jews are even more homogeneous than other ethnicities. They come from the same stock of male genes, just as the Bible tells us, with a somewhat wider variety of the female genes. Please google this if you don't believe me. For example, the Oppenheim studies. Jewish common genetic ancestry is today proven to be a scientific fact. Blue eyes and fair hair are a part of the original Jewish phenotype as much as the much more common brown hair and eyes. The reason that there are more fair Jews in some regions than others, also the reason Sefardic Jews look somewhat different (darker) than the Ashkenazi Jews is the natural selection phenomenon called "genetic drift." Google it as well.

Jews may have common ancestery by ethnic background, but Jews are not a race, perhaps you could see the Hebrews or Israelites are a ethnic group which consist of a majority of Jews. Judaism is a religion. That's like someone saying "I'm from the catholic race".

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 02:59:57 PM »
Jews are imo really special. They are neither race, but they are nor only a religion. They sit between all chairs. If you would replace the word "race" by "nation" I would fully agree. Because a race nobody is able to join.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »

Jews sure are a race. They are as much of a race (or ethnicity, if you will) as the English, the French, the Danes, the Poles, etc., etc... There have been NUMEROUS DNA studies proving this. In fact, Jews are even more homogeneous than other ethnicities. They come from the same stock of male genes, just as the Bible tells us, with a somewhat wider variety of the female genes. Please google this if you don't believe me. For example, the Oppenheim studies. Jewish common genetic ancestry is today proven to be a scientific fact. Blue eyes and fair hair are a part of the original Jewish phenotype as much as the much more common brown hair and eyes. The reason that there are more fair Jews in some regions than others, also the reason Sefardic Jews look somewhat different (darker) than the Ashkenazi Jews is the natural selection phenomenon called "genetic drift." Google it as well.

Just because Catholicism is a religion and Judaism is a religion doesn't mean that one could use this comparison as a valid analogy. Go argue with genetic scientists that Jews are not an ethnicity. Don't forget though to show them your own scientific data, because the discussion might quickly get very technical. Read up on different Y-chromosome haplotypes, it'll be useful.

Jews may have common ancestery by ethnic background, but Jews are not a race, perhaps you could see the Hebrews or Israelites are a ethnic group which consist of a majority of Jews. Judaism is a religion. That's like someone saying "I'm from the catholic race".

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »
Aren't all of our ancestors Jewish?
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 03:07:06 PM »

No
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
It isn't possible to "look" Jewish since a Jew can be a member of any race or background.  A Jewish "look" is a stereotype.  I do not have a big nose, thanks.  ;D
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »
Jews are imo really special. They are neither race, but they are nor only a religion. They sit between all chairs. If you would replace the word "race" by "nation" I would fully agree. Because a race nobody is able to join.

Yes, you can join. A family could adopt a child. A nation could give citizenship to a stranger. A gentile could similarly join the Jewish nation/race (however you call it) by converting. A couple of generations down the line his descendents would be fully assimilated. Arguing that the Jewish people are not genetically related is highly preposterous and antisemitic. This does not change the fact that the Jews are also (as well, in addition) a religion. It is because Judaism is a religion, it has been possible for strangers to join the Jewish nation in the millenia before Israel was restored.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »

Not really, there are descendants of others besides Abraham. The Jewish people are primarily descendants of our patriarch Abraham. And it is true that the Jewish genes are scientifically proven. There are genetic diseases which only affect Ashkenazic Jews.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
It isn't possible to "look" Jewish since a Jew can be a member of any race or background.  A Jewish "look" is a stereotype.  I do not have a big nose, thanks.  ;D

Sigh...  >:( I give up.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »
Well, this one doesn't look Jewish:

This one doesn't look jewish:

http://www.jewishledger.com/articles/2007/07/24/news/on_the_cover/news03.txt

(... they're both converts...)
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »

Yes, you can join. A family could adopt a child. A nation could give citizenship to a stranger. A gentile could similarly join the Jewish nation/race (however you call it) by converting. A couple of generations down the line his descendents would be fully assimilated. Arguing that the Jewish people are not genetically related is highly preposterous and antisemitic. This does not change the fact that the Jews are also (as well, in addition) a religion. It is because Judaism is a religion, it has been possible for strangers to join the Jewish nation in the millenia before Israel was restored.

I agree  :)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 03:27:24 PM »

Ok look, my dad was born Jewish, my mom is a German, she is German ethnic background and she converted to Judaism, try telling my mom she's a Jew by race, she practices Judaism but that doesn't mean she's of the "Jewish Race".

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 03:29:27 PM »
I'm confused... :eat:
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 03:32:26 PM »
I'm confused... :eat:

There there Sham here is some candy while people speak

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »
Was Noah a Jew?

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 03:38:07 PM »
Noah was a gentile.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »
Noah was a gentile.

Yeah!!! At least there is one famous gentile in the OT.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »
Noah was a gentile.

Yeah!!! At least there is one famous gentile in the OT.

Adam and Eve too!