Author Topic: I Was Just Interviewed By WBAI Radio!  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
I Was Just Interviewed By WBAI Radio!
« on: October 14, 2008, 08:11:13 PM »
Hey everyone,

I just promoted Jews Against Obama and JTF!

At about 5:30 p.m. today, there was a pro McCain/Palin counterprotest against the Obama supporters who wore Pinnochio noses, outside the Hyatt Regency hotel.  Apparently McCain is staying at the Hyatt tonight, and traveling to Long Island for the last presidential debate which will air tomorrow night. 

The usual assortment of moonbats were there. 

But towards the end of the protest, a man from WBAI radio approached me for an interview.  He asked me why I was supporting McCain.  I told him I did not want a black American hating, Jew hating Muslim Marxist in the White House.  I said I could not understand why after Jimmy Carter, anyone could be so stupid as to support this man.  He asked me where I got my information from, and told him flat out from Jews Against Obama.com and from JTF.org

The reporter then pointed out that some of the Obamunists were calling McCain a terrorist for bombing peasants in Vietnam.  He wanted to know what I had to say to that.  I told him that American soldiers did not go around killing "civilians" for fun while shouting "Allahu Akbar."  I told him that terrorists are civilians, in that they don't wear a soldier's uniform.  Of course the guy then asked if I am OK with killing civilians. 

But here's where I got stuck.  The reporter brought up that famous massacre in Vietnam, and said it was well documented that American soldiers killed civilians in Vietnam.  I wanted to bring up the notorious Winter Soldier investigation, but the name temporarily slipped my mind.  So I mentioned that "phony" investigation in that hotel where Jane Fonda and John Kerry were involved.  I pointed out that the so-called vets were phonies. 

So I told him that terrorists routinely use their willing women and children as human shields.  He then told me that my logic was scary.  And that terrorists could use that as an "excuse" to bomb a building like the World Trade Center, where there were government offices.  My response was that when it comes to a "civilian" on the other side and one of our soldiers, I would want the soldier to do whatever it takes to remain unharmed. 

Then while he was adjusting his tape recorder, I pointed out that leftists are ashamed of America.  I reminded the reporter that there was never a peep out of them when Clinton had the heroic Serbs bombed.  I mentioned that the Serbs were our allies in both world wars, and never did a thing to us.  So I summed up by saying that it's only when America flexes her military muscle and acts in her interests do the leftists ever complain about civilian casualties.  If it's on a so-called "humanitarian mission" like with the Serbs, they're quiet.

Then he went on to the subject of body armor for the troops, and how Republicans are not paying for the necessary armor.  And again, this is where I got stuck.  I said that we have a voluntary military.  I asked if any soldier actually complained about lack of armor.  And the guy said that some of them actually did.

So for future reference, how would you guys suggest I handle questions about McCain bombing peasants in Vietnam or the whole body armor issue?

Thanks!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: I Was Just Interviewed By WBAI Radio!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »
Its great you got some points in for the movement but its to bad that the reporter was someone with such a warped prospective. First off he has to be kidding bringing up a situation like the My Lai Mascara and comparing McCain to John Calley. Calley watched his fellow solders being killed by children with bombs  strapped on their backs and eventually lost it. McCain and him had nothing in common. Besides America was at war and the situation has nothing in common with Obama's dealings  with known terrorist. Its great you were there to represent our point of view but you were fighting a loosing battle trying to convince someone like that.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »
 :clap:
Sounds like you did a great job...even if you felt like you got stuck once or twice.
I think just getting Jews Against Obama  and The Jewish Task Force out there, is key.
Thank You
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:57:07 PM »
Great job. You did just fine. The interviewer was obviously more of the same marxist slime.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »
Thanks, CJD, Bullcat and Ben Yehuda. 

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 11:17:42 PM »
Good job, Lisa!

Of course, it is easy to speak from the comfort of my home, but there are few things I would say in regards to Vietnam:

1) John McCain is not running for presidency of Vietnam
2) Maybe Obama should have run for the office in Vietnam or Cambodia. He could build a perfect dictatorship in the middle of jungle there
3) Sometimes it is needed to sacrifice to prevent larger loses. As in the history of USSR and all other communist states, more people were killed in their own concentration camps and from hunger, than from hands of an enemy.

And the third one is the most important one. Stalin killed more Russians from 1937 thru 1953 than Hitler killed from 1941 thru 1945.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »
Thanks Zvulun. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »
Great Job Lisa!

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 02:16:11 AM »
Lisa, I get these kinds of "objections" all the time. In addition to Vietnam, my liberal acquaintances like to bring up Iraq, Hiroshima, and the bombing of Dresden in WWII. This comparing a WAR to a PEACE situation is a completely phony argument. This is what I tell them - it shows a complete lack of logical and moral discernment. There are absolutely no analogies there! Of course, liberal moonbats just l-o-o-o-ve to eraze boundaries between peace and war these days. It's complete moral equivalence for them. However, any person who is not a moron or an evil America-hater would see that there is an ocean of difference between what the righteous side needs to do in order to win a war and what an evil group of ínternal enemies, a fifth column, does to you in an everyday peaceful situation while being allowed to live among you.  >:( >:( >:(

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 06:31:16 AM »
Sounds like a great interveiw.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 08:45:58 AM »
Great job Lisa first of all John McCain was not bombing civilians he was bombing an Electric generator complex.Second when he mentioned about body armor i would have asked him what bill? and did he offer another bill with a little less pork for our dark friends.I would ask him if he was reporter or advocacy journalist
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »
  Lisa is fantastic! Thank you!!!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 11:41:57 AM »
Great job Lisa!  :dance:

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 12:47:04 PM »
Lisa, you did Great being put on the spot without prior knowledge...  :clap:

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 12:52:26 PM »
Thanks everyone.  It was my pleasure. 

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »
You handled yourself well Lisa!

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »
Yay Lisa!  You tell 'em!  8)
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »
Where can we hear this interview?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 03:23:23 PM »
Your responses gave me a great laugh today. I needed that. I like your boldness. It sounds like the journalist was fishing for the answers he wanted. It sounds like you didn't give him what he wanted. It seems that journalism is now a reciting of the left wing ideologies rather than the actual reporting of nonbias information.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »
You did a great job.

The interviewer sounds like a fool. 

You could have accused the interviewer of being a traitor and supporting communists.  The interviewer must have liked it when after Kerry came back from Vietnam, he lied and bashed members of the military.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »
In addition, you could also say next time that since the reporter hates the US so much, he should move to a different country.

And link the reporter to Moveon.org, DailyKos and Code Pink.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »
Thanks guys.  All good suggestions. 

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 10:52:55 PM »
That is terrific and you held your ground really well!!!

:clap:

In regards to body armour for the troops, I would bring up that the underlying issue is that President Clinton cut the military so dramatically that Bush had to respond to a diminished military and build it up over a number of years.  Also, no president will be able to forsee every challenge in the country and wars in the past were fought with much less or incorrectly routed resources.  The armour problem was addressed and when troops in WW2 didn't have needed resources or the French incorrectly took on German troop advances, people then didn't harp on the failures.  They learned from them and focused on the enemy.  The focus on partisan nitpickings while we are at war with a ruthless, brutal enemy is folly and dangerous. 

Also, I would challenge the idea of terrorism.  I would say that terrorism is a tactic of the weaker side but the bottom line is we have a war of ideals, peoples and religions.  We should yield the right to use terrorism against an enemy if they do not follow the rules of war. (This would be one approach)

You could also say that McCain was drafted and America fought an enemy with imperfect resources and there was no smart bomb technology.  Also, that McCain had targeted civilians is actually a completely disproven charge that not even the left wing mainstream media or the Obama campaign have taken on.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »
Great points, North West JTF. 

And Angry Chinese Kahanist, I have no idea when the interview will air.  And in all honesty, I'm self conscious about hearing my own voice. 

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 11:17:29 PM »
WOW!! That is GREAT news, Lisa! Baruch Hashem!!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim