Author Topic: Great Britain allowes to cross animals with humen  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Great Britain allowes to cross animals with humen
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »
Nod to hybrid embryo research

By OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

London

Oct. 23: The bill on the controversial human-animal embryo research was passed by the House of Commons on Wednesday. The bill, which will now be discussed and voted on in the House of Lords, was passed by the Lower House of Parliament by 355 votes to 129 votes.

There was a small rebellion by backbench Labour MPs over the bill and 16 of them, including former minister Ruth Kelly, who quit the government before the reshuffle by Prime Minister Gordon brown, voted against the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill.

The bill will allow scientists to create hybrid human-animal embryos for research and creation of "saviour siblings" whose genetic material could help sick relatives. The creation of embryos from a combination of human and animal genetic material will be allowed under the law once bill is passed. Stem cells can then be harvested and used to create brain, skin, heart and other tissue for treating diseases - before the embryos are destroyed.

Mr Brown in March faced opposition within the Labour Party against the controversial legislation and was forced to allow Labour MPs free vote on three "crucial elements" of the bill.

Source: http://howrah.org/World/34843.html

To this persons who made this decision: May they rot in hell!
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Great Britain allowes to cross animals with humen
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:22:05 PM »
Oh, this is horrible and an abomination...... >:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:25:24 PM »
stem cell research is not controversial in britain and I haven't read much about it, but if it will allow scientists to grow organs.. that's amazing.

maybe one embryo could save many lives.

People have argued that evil is like a cancer that spreads, and in killing cancer, there is some death of innocents but it's worse to let the cancer spread.

Well here we have the real deal.

Look how many people are dying of disease.. Our inability to handle nature kills and harms more people than anything else.  Our ability improves with time. Medical and technological advances make lives so much better, and save lives.

Death is due - perhaps always - to organ failure.. Eventually they will be able to replace any organ when it starts going bad. Before it fails completely.  

We are willing to kill animals for food.. we are willing to kill civilians - even innocent ones -  in war, for the greater good, we are willing to kill good cells if it takes out cancer cells. Well think about what good could come of stem cell research.

I would like to know why they feel it necessary to create these hybrids.. I did read an article about a year ago that they had found a way to do stem cell research without an embryo.  I would rather they do that.. But i'm not so against the more horrifying forms of this research, because of the great good that can come out of it.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
I can understand your points and you raise valid points, but imo there are final frontiers.

The next step is to clone yourself or to creat a hybrid and use it as factory spare parts warehouse.

I think it is an abnomination to create hybrids of humen and animals in order to save life.

The ovules for their experiments come from humen. This is not compatible with the human dignity that we own by birth.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »
I can understand your points and you raise valid points, but imo there are final frontiers.

The next step is to clone yourself or to creat a hybrid and use it as factory spare parts warehouse.

I think it is an abnomination to create hybrids of humen and animals in order to save life.

The ovules for their experiments come from humen. This is not compatible with the human dignity that we own by birth.

I wouldn't mind cloning myself. We could halve mundane tasks between ourselves.

By the way, it's spelt "human".

I can see how if you think of using a foetus for spare parts, as using yourself or a decent person for spare parts, then that is offensive.

I'm glad that in america something good came out of the opposition to the original stem cell research which used Embryos

Scientists Bypass Need for Embryo to Get Stem Cells
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/science/21stem.html

It is shocking that given that we have this method available, scientists are using embryos.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
This cross breeding has already been happening in the United States. Take Barbara Streisand fir example.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 11:28:37 AM »
This cross breeding has already been happening in the United States. Take Barbara Streisand fir example.

I think you meant Fur example. (as in animal fur)