Author Topic: No free speech in Israel  (Read 615 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
No free speech in Israel
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:31:18 AM »
Shalom,

This is so sad. I am ashamed this is my heritage... Israel is becoming like USSR in its ability to silence those who don't agree with their draconian anti-religion campaigns. This article from IsraelNationalNews is very unsettling:

Anti-Demolition Protester Arrested for Cursing Soldiers
Cheshvan 1, 5769, 30 October 08 08:16
by Maayana Miskin

(IsraelNN.com) Shmuel Ben-Yishai of Kiryat Arba was arrested on Thursday for cursing IDF soldiers as they demolished the Federman family home earlier this week. He was released hours later after paying bail of 300 shekels. A court ruled that Ben-Yishai's curse did not constitute incitement.

Ben-Yishai said of the soldiers destroying the Federman home “They should all be like [kidnapped IDF soldier] Gilad Shalit. They should all die and they should all be slaughtered because that's what they deserve.” He later explained that his statement was made in the heat of the moment, as soldiers demolished the home and beat protesters, including children.

"On Saturday night, when I was called to the Federman farm, and I saw the cruelty and brutality of the Yassam police, and the violent abuse of the children and women of the Federman and Tor families, and as the policemen stood and rejoiced over the family's misfortune in the middle of the night, and the homes were destroyed with all of the contents within, I was extremely agitated, more so than I had ever been before,” he said of the context in which his statements were made.

While he said Tuesday in a public letter that he had not meant to curse all IDF soldiers, Ben-Yishai said he would not forgive soldiers who participated in the destruction of the Federman family home or the Federman-Tor farm. “Whoever takes part in expelling Jews will not be forgiven. I pray that the Holy One will repay them,” he said.

Police arrested Ben-Yishai Thursday after attempting to summon him for investigation on Tuesday and Wednesday. When Ben-Yishai did not appear in the police station for questioning, officers obtained an arrest warrant.

Statement Became Focus of Criticism
Ben-Yishai's curse led to heavy criticism from politicians and media analysts. Prime Minister Ehud Olmert discussed the curse in a cabinet meeting the following morning. Justice Minister Daniel Friedmann said he was "disgusted by the incitement expressed by extremist elements in the territories against IDF soldiers and security forces” and called on the police and the Attorney General to use “all necessary means” against those who speak against soldiers.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak slammed Ben-Yishai as well, and called for harsher punishments for those speaking against soldiers or other government agents. Barak even threatened to use administrative measures against Jewish protesters in Judea and Samaria, and warned that those using similar curses in the future would be met with “an iron fist.”

Residents of Kiryat Arba and Hevron said they were frustrated by the media focus on Ben-Yishai's words. "Instead of dealing with the destruction of a home, the media concentrates on a couple of crazies... Instead of interviewing Elisheva Federman about how her children were thrown out of their home in the middle of the night and their house destroyed, they look for an extremist speaking against the IDF,” one said.

Maybe the Israeli crooked government is truly afraid of the divine punishment which will rain on them soon. We have heard of miracles happening where wicked governments are demolished. Hashem gave us the power of speech for a reason and though I try to avoid Lashon Hara I do know that evil plots will be annulled because only Hashems plan will come to pass. I fear living in an Israel where you can be arrested for saying something against the government. May the evil Israeli government be history soon.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Re: No free speech in Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:14:46 AM »
i am very sorry Muman.  we will all pray for you and Israel.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:33:45 AM »

Thank you jaime,

I am not the one who needs the prayers here... I think all of Israel needs our prayers. I am just upset at the situation while the real tzaddiks are being harassed in their own land.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
  • Down with Islam, Self-Hating Jews and Jew Haters
    • Arutz Sheva 7 Israel National News
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 03:51:52 AM »
Israel needs a civil war.. Sad but true.  If "TRUE" Israelites will gather together and prepare to destroy these "FALSE" Self-Hating Jews, who are really Nazis, then I think it is a cause worthy of dying for.  If we can wipe out the liberal bastards who are trying to turn Israel into an Arab nation, we can reclaim the glory of our homeland.  I really think we should resort back to terrorism like we did in the day of Israel's beginning.  If you remember Menachem Begin and other Jewish nationalists woudl assassinate leaders, blow up government buildings.  I am not talking of arab style terrorism, where you go after women and children, but more intelligent terrorism.  We should focus on making the leftist leaders think twice before so happily pushing Jewish people off their land or making deals with Arabs.  Oh well, we are so reserved, saying that this or that in Torah says we have to allow nazis and arabs beat us and rob our land.  I remember reading of a rabbi in Bulgaria (I think it was), during the holocaust who told Jewish people it was against Torah to not obey the leader; that the leaders only wanted the best for us.  It is many false rabbis and heretical, self-hating Jews, is why we are suffering.  We need a revolution!   :israel: :soldier:

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 07:01:03 AM »

Thank you jaime,

I am not the one who needs the prayers here... I think all of Israel needs our prayers. I am just upset at the situation while the real tzaddiks are being harassed in their own land.

muman613

Our hearts are big enough to pray for you, all of Israel and the tzaddiks.  you are in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 07:02:55 AM »
Israel needs a civil war.. Sad but true.  If "TRUE" Israelites will gather together and prepare to destroy these "FALSE" Self-Hating Jews, who are really Nazis, then I think it is a cause worthy of dying for.  If we can wipe out the liberal bastards who are trying to turn Israel into an Arab nation, we can reclaim the glory of our homeland.  I really think we should resort back to terrorism like we did in the day of Israel's beginning.  If you remember Menachem Begin and other Jewish nationalists woudl assassinate leaders, blow up government buildings.  I am not talking of arab style terrorism, where you go after women and children, but more intelligent terrorism.  We should focus on making the leftist leaders think twice before so happily pushing Jewish people off their land or making deals with Arabs.  Oh well, we are so reserved, saying that this or that in Torah says we have to allow nazis and arabs beat us and rob our land.  I remember reading of a rabbi in Bulgaria (I think it was), during the holocaust who told Jewish people it was against Torah to not obey the leader; that the leaders only wanted the best for us.  It is many false rabbis and heretical, self-hating Jews, is why we are suffering.  We need a revolution!   :israel: :soldier:
  Israel needs a revolution BAD & so does America.  :israel: :usa: :usa+israel: NOW.                            muman- check your messages man.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates