Author Topic: Denmark to ban circumcission until 15 yrs old  (Read 8366 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Denmark to ban circumcission until 15 yrs old
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:03:06 AM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3625859,00.html   

Circumcision

Circumcision  Photo: Zoom 77

Child circumcision to be banned in Denmark?

Proposal to raise circumcision age to 15 causes storm among Jewish community. 'If law is passed, Jews will have to leave place they've been living in for hundreds of years,' says Denmark's chief rabbi

Yigal Rom Published:  11.20.08, 10:02 / Israel Jewish Scene 

COPENHAGEN - At a time where anti-Semitic acts seem to be on the rise in Europe, a bill was proposed in Denmark that will affect mainly Jews – the banning of male child circumcision.

Denmark's National Council for Children has recommended the legislation of a law banning circumcision of boys under the age of 15.

The passing of this law would make the Jewish mitzvah and tradition of circumcising a child on his eighth day a crime.

The country's Ethics Council supported the proposal and now only the parliament's medical committee can intervene and prevent the proposal from being heard.

"Circumcision is the irreversible damage to a child's body before he is given the chance to object," the National Council for Children argued.

The Council further claimed that the banning of male child circumcision was a matter of equality among the sexes.

"Just like female circumcision was banned five years ago, male circumcision should be banned," the Council said.

The new proposal caused a storm among the Jewish and Muslim populations in Denmark, with 95% of the 7,000 Jewish population circumcising their sons.

Denmark's Chief Rabbi Bent Lexner – who is also a certified circumciser in the community – said he hoped the matter would be left alone.

Advertisement   

"The comparison between circumcision and the intentional mutilation of the female sex organ in certain societies is simply complete nonsense," Lexner told Yedioth Ahronoth.

"If the law forbidding circumcision is ever passed in Denmark, Jews will have to leave the place they have been living in for hundreds of years." 

Why are the Jews worried the muzzies will riot and the ban will be revoked
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: Denmark to ban circumcission until 15 yrs old
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
Good to see that they are getting to the heart of the REAL issues... ::)
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 10:20:51 AM »
Good to see that they are getting to the heart of the REAL issues... ::)
Really this is Denmarks biggest problem :o :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »
<snip>
Why are the Jews worried[pause] the muzzies will riot and the ban will be revoked

the muslims might be so pleased that jews are so bothered, that they won't riot.

and they think jews are all powerful, so if jews deal with it they will sit back.

and they may say, let the jews take the burden on this one. they are capable, and muslims if they sit back more, won't look so bad to the danish govt.

muslims don't have a requirement to circumcise at such an early age either..
so even if the law was passed, if it was then revoked a year later, muslims are ok.

for jews it's an emergency situation.  

muslims may riot, but there are many reasons why they may not.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
What???? A large portion of Christians in the west get circumcisions right after they are born.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 01:04:23 PM »
They can screw their law they are not going to stop Rabbis and Jewish Families from doning a Mitzvah. However this could be God's way of pushing the Jewish Community of Denmark to Israel where they really belong.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 01:31:37 PM »
Irreversible damage? Damage? It's a well known fact that it's cleaner!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 01:43:42 PM »
They can screw their law they are not going to stop Rabbis and Jewish Families from doning a Mitzvah. However this could be G-d's way of pushing the Jewish Community of Denmark to Israel where they really belong.

deary me

don (PUT ON)   
verb [T] -nn- FORMAL
to put on a piece of clothing:
He donned his finest coat and hat.

Somebody dons teffilin, yes. That is where you probably heard it used.

AND you spelt it wrong, it's DONNING
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:47:41 PM by q_q_ »

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »
It aint going to pass..... but the law itself is pretty frightening.   My Danish friends say theyve never heard of it.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 03:47:18 PM »
These days are looking more like the 1930's with every minute passing. >:(

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 03:58:21 PM »
The gouvernments want to rule the last small angle of our lifes. Even our religious life. I hate it.

They have to leave us alone. I fear this law will come and lots of anti-religious laws after it.  :'(

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 05:36:02 PM »
They can screw their law they are not going to stop Rabbis and Jewish Families from doning a Mitzvah. However this could be G-d's way of pushing the Jewish Community of Denmark to Israel where they really belong.

deary me

don (PUT ON)   
verb [T] -nn- FORMAL
to put on a piece of clothing:
He donned his finest coat and hat.

Somebody dons teffilin, yes. That is where you probably heard it used.

AND you spelt it wrong, it's DONNING

I really think that it was a typo and he meant to say 'doing a mitvzah', since one DOES a mitzvah and does not DON a mitzvah {unless it involves TzitTzits or Tefillin}... The Brit is a mitzvah one DOES...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
Have these people considered the emotional effect on an uncircumcised male Jewish child?  I mean, growing up and being taught that you should be circumcised and knowing that you aren't might be unnecessarily hard on a child.  I'm a female, but guys--how would you feel if your parents hadn't taken care if this incredibly important mitzvah for you?  I think I'd be ticked.
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »
They should have a religious exemption for Jewish people.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 08:06:23 PM »
Ouch!!!!
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »

No! Every law has to be universial.

The state has no right to interfere in the freedom of religion of all people.

This is the right way. Even if quranimals want to circumcise their children the state has imo no right to interfere.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »

"The comparison between circumcision and the intentional mutilation of the female sex organ in certain societies is simply complete nonsense," Lexner told Yedioth Ahronoth.

Why people call female genital mutilation "female circumcision" is beyond me.  The two are completely different.
aka Someone Else

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 08:38:39 PM »

No! Every law has to be universial.

The state has no right to interfere in the freedom of religion of all people.

This is the right way. Even if quranimals want to circumcise their children the state has imo no right to interfere.

I agree with you that the legal system should apply to everyone equally, but people can get religious exemptions to some laws here in the USA. For example all the children are required to have certain vaccinations before they can attend school, but if parents are against this they can sometimes get a religious exemption.

I think that if Denmark is going to have this law it ought to allow Jewish people (and of course Muslims) and anyone else who feels that this is an important part of their religion to do it anyway. I don't think that one religion should be allowed and another shouldn't be, even though I have no love for Quranimals.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 06:11:32 AM »
What???? A large portion of Christians in the west get circumcisions right after they are born.

NOT in EUrope. I never heard of any man in my country that is circumcised, except Jews or muslims.
Maybe exceptionally, for medical reasons, but then, that guy would not advertise it.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 06:14:48 AM »
Have these people considered the emotional effect on an uncircumcised male Jewish child?  I mean, growing up and being taught that you should be circumcised and knowing that you aren't might be unnecessarily hard on a child.  I'm a female, but guys--how would you feel if your parents hadn't taken care if this incredibly important mitzvah for you?  I think I'd be ticked.
Danmark is a souvereign Scandinavian country with Scandinavian customs.
If the Danish Parliament approves this law, then it is the law.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:28:15 AM by Ambiorix »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 07:00:12 AM »
Danmark is a souvereign Scandinavian country with Scandinavian customs.
If the Danish Parliament approves this law, then it is the law.
Every Jew must defy such a law.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 07:19:33 AM »
Denmark is the leading anti-jihad country in Europe. To anyone who understands the situation in Denmark, it is clear that the proposal (it is not a law yet!) is ostensibly designed to target Muslims. It inadvertantly targets Jews, as well. Denmark is the least anti-semitic European country, if you don't count the antisemitism of the muzzies. If this law passes, and the government does not grant an exceptional status to the Jews (not the Muslims!!!), then the religious Jews should emigrate to Israel. It would turn out to be a good thing.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 07:44:03 AM »
Denmark is the leading anti-jihad country in Europe. To anyone who understands the situation in Denmark, it is clear that the proposal (it is not a law yet!) is ostensibly designed to target Muslims. It inadvertantly targets Jews, as well. Denmark is the least anti-semitic European country, if you don't count the antisemitism of the muzzies. If this law passes, and the government does not grant an exceptional status to the Jews (not the Muslims!!!), then the religious Jews should emigrate to Israel. It would turn out to be a good thing.

That's true, it would force many of those Jews to emigrate to Israel - don't think that this is such a bad thing!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 07:52:29 AM »

That's true, it would force many of those Jews to emigrate to Israel - don't think that this is such a bad thing!

I don't think so, they would cross the straits to Sweden or Germany, have their baby's brith there, and come back to to Copenhagen.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 07:59:56 AM »

I don't think so, they would cross the straits to Sweden or Germany, have their baby's brith there, and come back to to Copenhagen.

As long as Sweden and Germany aren't nazislamic sharia-states, where Jews are put in concentration camps - yes.