Author Topic: What do you guys do when someone at work bugs you?  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What do you guys do when someone at work bugs you?
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2008, 09:32:35 AM »
Take a scolopendra, put it in a jar and dry it in the sun (or in the microwave). Then place it in a blender and make a powder. Put some of the powder in your coworker's java when she is not looking, or may be mix it with her sugar stash. This should calm her down for sure. But if she's Jewish you'd have to think of something else cause scolopendra is strictly non-kosher.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 07:56:44 PM »
Try to use the situation as a way to gain inner strenght by being better than her and not reacting. Pray for guideance when she starts "pushing your buttons"

You talk as if she is [censored] on him and he is meant to be silent and let it pass. That is a very non kahanist attitude.

ItalianZionist said she is just getting agitated. That is fine, let her get agitated.

I don't see why if she gets agitated, it should push ItalianZionist's buttons. Unless he seeks nice relationships with everybody.  If somebody is a bad person then you don't have to seek peace with them.. This is all very unkahanist behaviour.

The problem is that as a trainer, she gives feedback to my manager...and with her disposition, it may be negative feedback..Other workers have told me that she wants to make the other workers look bad so that she can look like the "best" worker.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2008, 08:17:44 PM »
Try to use the situation as a way to gain inner strenght by being better than her and not reacting. Pray for guideance when she starts "pushing your buttons"

You talk as if she is [censored] on him and he is meant to be silent and let it pass. That is a very non kahanist attitude.

ItalianZionist said she is just getting agitated. That is fine, let her get agitated.

I don't see why if she gets agitated, it should push ItalianZionist's buttons. Unless he seeks nice relationships with everybody.  If somebody is a bad person then you don't have to seek peace with them.. This is all very unkahanist behaviour.

The problem is that as a trainer, she gives feedback to my manager...and with her disposition, it may be negative feedback..Other workers have told me that she wants to make the other workers look bad so that she can look like the "best" worker.

is there equal likelyhood that she will give negative feedback regarding other workers too? 

If speaking to the manager, you could pick the safer option and instead of talking of a problem with her, take the unassertive route and act like you are unsure whether you can ask questions (personalise it a bit so he can see you have some grasp of the thing and are thinking about a certain area in an intelligent way).   As part of that lack of boldness, only discuss it if he asks you how things are going.  Perhaps not unassertive, but at least, it's not bold..
Since you are in the position of learner,  I don't think appearing a bit unassertive is such a problem.. And you certainly won't look like a complainer. If you only bring it up if he asks you how things are going, and then you bring up the issue like that.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 11:59:55 PM »
Refer to this thread Northwest

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2008, 02:07:38 AM »
Think happy thoughts!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 02:41:07 AM »
Refer to this thread Northwest

Cool.  Forgot about this one!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 02:54:30 AM »
Thanks.  Some really great ideas.  I really believe the one lady who is the woman's boss is an evil person.  I've worked with hundreds of people over the last few years and never had even a small problem.  I know some other people I work with complained about them.  I hate when I try to be nice and someone just acts like you don't exist or is outright hostile.  The problem is that the one woman I have a problem with is two steps above mine in a different area.  I thank G-D that she's not my boss.   :yuck: :yuck:

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 02:59:44 AM »
You guys are among the most intelligent people I've come across and I needed your opinions:

I just got a new job and my "trainer" told my manager that I ask her too many questions (and the same ques).......My manager told me that she's there to answer ques and pretty much took my side. She does get aggravated when I ask her questions at times, but I don't want to tell my manager(since I'm new, I don't want to look like a complainer). People tell me that my "trainer" wants other workers to look bad. She ...It's a Union job, finance related, and this incident just turned me off..Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I don't even want to look at this creature when I go to work.

What's with some trainers too?  Some of them are he worst human beings ever.  I've worked in many Northwest companies where there are these hideous, World of Warcraft playing, morbidly obese man haters who haven't seen the sun since the Carter Administration, or gay guys with skater shirts who hate anyone who doesn't hang out in bath houses.