Author Topic: Why the Zohar was definitely not written by Rashbi.  (Read 2009 times)

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Why the Zohar was definitely not written by Rashbi.
« on: December 02, 2008, 04:15:12 PM »
Anyone who know any Aramaic at all knows that the Aramaic used in the land of Israel is very different than other dialects, such as Babylonian Aramaic.

The Aramaic that appears in Eretz Yisrael sources like the Talmudh Yerushalmi and Midrash Rabbah, sifre and pesiqtah rabathi are very different than that of the zohar.

The Zohar is a babylonian style aramaic with a few changes to word endings like lon instead of leho in babylonian and other minor examples. These superficial changes are obviously meant to disguise the writers lack of fluency in "Palestinian" Aramaic.

I have studied aramaic for many years and I can tell the difference in Aramaic styles between Babyonian and "Palestinian" Aramaic.

This in and of itself is proof this was not written by a jew in the 2nd century.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Sefardic Panther

• Full JTFer
Re: Why the Zohar was definitely not written by Rashbi.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 12:14:27 PM »
I will look into that one and have an answer for you as soon as possible.

I feel obligated to dispute your claim because semi observant Jews will read it and then become completely hiloni. They will say “why should I do this or do that? It only comes from the Zohar. Why should I do what Rabbi so and so says? He makes his rulings from the Zohar?” We need to be careful about disputing Holy Sefarim!

"Let there be a holocaust on the anti-semites!!!" - Rabbi Mordechai Friedman Shlita

http://www.youtube.com/user/SefardicPanther

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Why the Zohar was definitely not written by Rashbi.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »
I will look into that one and have an answer for you as soon as possible.

I feel obligated to dispute your claim because semi observant Jews will read it and then become completely hiloni. They will say “why should I do this or do that? It only comes from the Zohar. Why should I do what Rabbi so and so says? He makes his rulings from the Zohar?” We need to be careful about disputing Holy Sefarim!

More theological "bullying" and scare tactics.   Can't you see how this adds nothing to the discussion?   No, a Torah Jew will strive for the true interpretation that he thinks is true.   If he rejects kabbalah, he will seek out the non-kabbalistic ruling or opinion.   He will not seek out a nonJewish mate or a cigarette on Shabbos.