Author Topic: I've Never Really Given Charity  (Read 2542 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
I've Never Really Given Charity
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
The last week I've been filled with all kinds of emotions. From tears to Anger to disgust. The Recent Terror Attacks in Mumbai. I have a Tzdukah Jar that is Counted out and I am ready to send out a few Checks to some much needed places.

Do an extra Mitzvah and help those in need.

https://www.mychabad.org/templates/relief/donate.asp?&lang=en&site=chabadindia.org

http://onefamilyfund.org/
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: I've Never Really Given Charity
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:24:50 PM »
Good for you... Tzadekkah is a very important mitzvah. I give to Chabad every year amongst a number of Jewish charities I give to.

I also support :

Orthodox Union ( www.ou.com )
Ezras Torah ( www.ezrastorah.org ) Supplies charity to needy Torah Scholars families
Aish HaTorah ( www.aish.com )

http://www.ezrastorah.org/tzedaka_archives.php
            “We are obligated to be careful with the Mitzvah of Tzedakah more so than with any other positive Mitzvah. For Tzedakah is the sign of the truly righteous seed of our father, Avraham, as Scripture states: ‘For I have known him (Avraham) in order that he might charge his descendants... to do Tzedakah... (Genesis:18:19)’. And the throne of Israel cannot be established and the true faith cannot stand, except through Tzedakah, as Scripture states ‘You shall be established through Tzedakah (Isaiah 54:14).’ And Israel will not be redeemed except through Tzedakah, as Scripture states: ‘Zion in justice will be redeemed, and its captives through Tzedakah (Isaiah 1:27).’”

Rambam Laws of Gifts to the Poor (10:1)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 07:38:38 PM »
Good for you... Tzadekkah is a very important mitzvah. I give to Chabad every year amongst a number of Jewish charities I give to.
<snip>

That link Dovid Zev posted is specifically for

The Holtzberg Children Fund
The Chabad House Rebuilding Fund

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:29:26 PM »
<snip>

Yes, it is good to give to this cause to support the Holtzbergs surviving children. But that doesnt discount the fact that giving to a good Jewish charity is a mitzvah...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »
<snip>

See in their little 2 year old has just brought tears to my eyes over the last week and a half I couldn't just sit back and do nothing. I pray that he grows up to forget what happened to him and does the same great work his parents did. HaShem Yikom Dimam
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh