Author Topic: Hillary Clinton plans a more powerful State Dept: NY Times  (Read 672 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Hillary Clinton plans a more powerful State Dept: NY Times
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:19:04 AM »
WASHINGTON (AFP) – Hillary Rodham Clinton plans to build a more muscular US State Department, with a bigger budget, high-profile special envoys dispatched to trouble spots and an expanded role in dealing with the global economic crisis, the New York Times reported Tuesday.

The Times cited an unnamed Hillary Clinton adviser as saying her push for a more vigorous economic team stems from her belief that the State Department needs to play a part in the recovery from the global financial crisis, while economic issues also are at the heart of key diplomatic relationships, notably with China.

The former first lady also is reportedly likely to name several high-powered envoys to world hotspots.

The daily reported that Clinton and Obama have not yet settled on specific envoys or missions, although the name of veteran diplomat Dennis Ross has come up as a possible Middle East envoy, along with diplomatic trouble-shooter Richard Holbrooke and Martin Indyk, a former United States ambassador to Israel.

The Times wrote that the New York senator -- President-elect Barack Obama's pick for Secretary of State -- is recruiting Jacob Lew, the budget director under her husband former president Bill Clinton -- to be one of her two deputies. Lew would be tasked with handling economic matters, the report said.

Another Bill Clinton aide, former deputy national security adviser James Steinberg is to be Hillary Clinton's other chief lieutenant, subject to Senate confirmation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081223/pl_afp/ustransitionpoliticsclintonobama_081223100103

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Hillary Clinton plans a more powerful State Dept: NY Times
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 11:28:41 AM »
More left-wing Jewish envoys I bet, that will pressure Israel constantly to kill itself.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »
Obi wana better watch his back ,the Clintons will take over
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »

Then Hillary will get a male version of Monica lewinsky for her

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:35:57 PM »

Then Hillary will get a male version of Monica lewinsky for her
:::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 09:47:11 PM »

I see conflicts between Clinton and Susan Rice coming...