Author Topic: The Satan gesture  (Read 5119 times)

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
The Satan gesture
« on: March 11, 2007, 01:23:32 PM »
In the Christian West, there is/used to be a common prejudice that making that gesture with your hand, with the index and the pinky fingers sticking out and the two middle fingers pointed down, was a gesture of the devil - rock stars often use it.  Is that just a Christian prejudice?

I was watching and the Hassidic Jew made this gesture while pronouncing the word 'holy'.  :)

Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: The Satan gesture
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »
I thought spiderman used it to shoot his sticky web string ;D

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »
I've always wanted to know who 'Lucifer', the giver of Light and the despoiler of Nations (goyim) was.

I do not know if he is synonymous with Satan.  But I like the sound of Him.
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Allen-T

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 03:05:01 PM »
I've always wanted to know who 'Lucifer', the giver of Light and the despoiler of Nations (goyim) was.

Lucifer was Satan's name before he was tossed out of heaven. He was G-d's highest angel. There are verses in Ezekiel chapter 28 that, when studied in the original Hebrew, strongly imply that one of Lucifer's funtions in heaven was leader of praise and worship music. I have always had a theory that roughly goes like this; Every verse in the Bible that talks about G-dly worship music always mentions rhythm and rhythm instruments. Rhythm is good. Satan knows this, it was a former job of his in heaven. As for christians and music, we have every indication that up until around the year 500 or so, worship music contained this element of rhythm. But Pope Gregory the 1st, I believe under demonic influence, got this unbiblical idea that rhythm was bad. So first he took all rhythm out of the worship service, then, to totally annhillate the power of music within the church[e.g. totally control people], he relegated the ministry of music to an exclusive group of elites with their own dreadful, unmusical droning called Gregorian Chants. I believe that this was by demonic inspiration because it totally contradicts the bible, and because the devil wanted rhythm back for his own use because he knows it's power, especially in the rhythm. I think the devil figured let me dupe christians into accepting this uninspirational cacophoney as G-dly and convince them rhythm is evil and he found a pliable willing servant in Pope Gregory. So, in short, rock and roll is not devil music, it is in fact G-dly music[stylisticlly] that has been hijacked by the devil to promote evil. That's why one of my favorite music genres is the "Jesus People" music scene of the late 60's early 70's. Great, heavy psychedelic ROCK music with a G-dly message, groups like FRACTION, EXKURSIONS, SEARCH PARTY, etc. FOTL, you like the sound of Lucifer? What,was there a Kenneth Anger retrospective at the NFT?    
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:07:40 PM by Allen-T »

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 03:22:01 PM »

Lucifer was Satan's name before he was tossed out of heaven. He was G-d's highest angel. There are verses in Ezekiel chapter 28 that, when studied in the original Hebrew, strongly imply that one of Lucifer's funtions in heaven was leader of praise and worship music. I have always had a theory that roughly goes like this; Every verse in the Bible that talks about G-dly worship music always mentions rhythm and rhythm instruments. Rhythm is good. Satan knows this, it was a former job of his in heaven. As for christians and music, we have every indication that up until around the year 500 or so, worship music contained this element of rhythm. But Pope Gregory the 1st, I believe under demonic influence, got this unbiblical idea that rhythm was bad. So first he took all rhythm out of the worship service, then, to totally annhillate the power of music within the church[e.g. totally control people], he relegated the ministry of music to an exclusive group of elites with their own dreadful, unmusical droning called Gregorian Chants. I believe that this was by demonic inspiration because it totally contradicts the bible, and because the devil wanted rhythm back for his own use because he knows it's power, especially in the rhythm. I think the devil figured let me dupe christians into accepting this uninspirational cacophoney as G-dly and convince them rhythm is evil and he found a pliable willing servant in Pope Gregory. So, in short, rock and roll is not devil music, it is in fact G-dly music[stylisticlly] that has been hijacked by the devil to promote evil. That's why one of my favorite music genres is the "Jesus People" music scene of the late 60's early 70's. Great, heavy psychedelic ROCK music with a G-dly message, groups like FRACTION, EXKURSIONS, SEARCH PARTY, etc.     

that is a very interesting theory and would explain a lot of my views on music.

1 being that most worship music today that I've heard is dull, unintersting and uninspiring, without any rythme or soul. it is supposed to sound sophisticated like those gaygorian chants.

2 being that I like the rythme of some rap music a lot but hate the evil message it promotes.

It is unfortunate that the only music today with catchy rythmes and musical themes is black music. most of the punk rocker or popular white rock stuff today has a large gay element to it. they dress queer, have queer piercings, and have little rythme. and there are few alternatives - only rap.

If there is one thing in the world that blacks are definitely superior at today it is producing catchy rythmes for pop-rap music. too bad it promotes drug dealing and pimpin hoes.

actually, I think this is one of the main reasons why white youth like black culture...the rythme of the music is better than any of this worship music which sounds like weak garbage. I mean, in terms of rythme, they really don't compare.

I liked led zeppelin

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 07:10:26 PM by MackaB »

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »
I've always wanted to know who 'Lucifer'. I do not know if he is synonymous with Satan. 

Hello FOTL, and good day to you.

The 14th chapter of Isaiah is about an ancient evil Babylonian king who persecuted the children of Israel.   Lucifer is LATIN -- the Hebrew name is Halel and is the Babylonian G-d of the morning.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 04:14:42 PM by UntilShilohComes »
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

SoldierOfZion

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
Am I the only one who listens to the righteous Israeli band, Orphaned Land?
http://www.orphaned-land.com/

Warning: They're not filthy rap (redundant), they're a very unique form of heavy/death metal. All of their lyrics and themes are Biblically inspired.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 08:27:26 PM »

The 14th chapter of Isaiah is about an ancient evil Babylonian king who persecuted the children of Israel.   Lucifer is LATIN -- the Hebrew name is Halel and is the Babylonian G-d of the morning.

I notice also that this is the definition the Stone Edition Tanach gives.  In that translation he is known as the morning star and 'Lucifer' is a Latinization over which the theory of Satan is an allegorical Christian invention.  However a little bit of me always wanted to believe in an active Satan and it's hard to give him up.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 11:27:25 PM »
Am I the only one who listens to the righteous Israeli band, Orphaned Land?
http://www.orphaned-land.com/

Warning: They're not filthy rap (redundant), they're a very unique form of heavy/death metal. All of their lyrics and themes are Biblically inspired.

just checked out the site...not my cup of tea.

it's hard for me to find any music to identify with...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 12:12:56 AM »

Sounds awesome.  ;D I actually am quite a fan of hard alternative and heavy metal. Are their albums for sale in the U.S.?

SoldierOfZion

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 02:02:24 AM »

Sounds awesome.  ;D I actually am quite a fan of hard alternative and heavy metal. Are their albums for sale in the U.S.?

Yes, their albums are readily available - even in major record stores. They are quite popular in the metal "underground". Here's the page at Century Media:
http://www.centurymedia.com/us/single_artist.php?ID=42

There are a couple sample songs there. "Ocean Land" gives you a good feel for their unique sound and diversity.

SoldierOfZion

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 02:10:41 AM »

Yes, their albums are readily available - even in major record stores. They are quite popular in the metal "underground". Here's the page at Century Media:
http://www.centurymedia.com/us/single_artist.php?ID=42

There are a couple sample songs there. "Ocean Land" gives you a good feel for their unique sound and diversity.

"Nora El Nora" is also on that page and is a very good song, but "Ocean Land" is more reflective of their general style. Here are the lyrics:

Nora El Nora (Entering The Ark)

Nora El Nora, ne'ezar begvura shuvi elay malki
Dodi refa, nafshi nichsefa, lebeitach malchi
Nora El Nora, ne'ezar begvura

Nora Ashira, Lach akabira, shir mahalali
Lecha etna menat chevly vegoraly

Bekol zman azor el nora, geza avraham, netzer tifa'ara,
Ata el hai noten torah

[Translation:]
Nora El Nora, the lord of courage
Return me my lord, mend my wounds,
my soul is yearning, and in valor we wait.
Nora i sing thee, a hymn of praise,
to you I give my life and faith
Through all time, mighty Nora,
deliver us progeny of Abraham,
Offspring of greatness,
you are the living God,
giver of Torah

Allen-T

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 04:54:56 AM »

The 14th chapter of Isaiah is about an ancient evil Babylonian king who persecuted the children of Israel.   Lucifer is LATIN -- the Hebrew name is Halel and is the Babylonian G-d of the morning.

I notice also that this is the definition the Stone Edition Tanach gives.  In that translation he is known as the morning star and 'Lucifer' is a Latinization over which the theory of Satan is an allegorical Christian invention.  However a little bit of me always wanted to believe in an active Satan and it's hard to give him up.

FOTL, Very capable Bible scholars could easily show how Isaiah 14 is certainly more than an "allegorical christian invention" and unless you are going to seriously look at the evidence you shouldn't make such ignorant remarks that seem to come from a heart that desires what you say to be true rather than a conclusion that has been made from honest, serious study.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:57:07 AM by Allen-T »