Author Topic: Israel bombed Islamic University: A great loss for education!  (Read 896 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Israel bombed Islamic University: A great loss for education!
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:12:32 AM »
I can't help but wonder what the world of education will have lost as a result of the bombing of the Islamic university in Gaza.  The scientific community will no doubt mourn the loss of this centre for cutting edge advances in: medicine, technology, chemistry, biology, pharmacology, and physics. 

I'm sure the world of finance will mourn the loss of this great centre as well.  Without the Islamic university, creating the most sophisticated minds in the fields of: economics, business, law, negotiations, trade, computer technology, how will the world ever transcend its current economic woes?

Doubtlessly, without the Islamic university of Gaza, the advancement of studies in history and music and literature will also suffer.

And let's not forget all the major league franchises in sports who will have to rely on lesser universities for their draft picks.  Football players from Notre Dame and USC may finally stand a chance.

Yes, it's a black day for the world, who will have to resort to looking for talent in lesser places.  Who knows?  Perhaps one of Gaza's geniuses could have one day found the cure for cancer.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Re: Israel bombed Islamic University: A great loss for education!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 01:30:17 AM »
yup such a terrible lost!

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 01:32:28 AM »
I can't help but wonder what the world of education will have lost as a result of the bombing of the Islamic university in Gaza.  The scientific community will no doubt mourn the loss of this centre for cutting edge advances in: medicine, technology, chemistry, biology, pharmacology, and physics. 

I'm sure the world of finance will mourn the loss of this great centre as well.  Without the Islamic university, creating the most sophisticated minds in the fields of: economics, business, law, negotiations, trade, computer technology, how will the world ever transcend its current economic woes?

Doubtlessly, without the Islamic university of Gaza, the advancement of studies in history and music and literature will also suffer.

And let's not forget all the major league franchises in sports who will have to rely on lesser universities for their draft picks.  Football players from Notre Dame and USC may finally stand a chance.

Yes, it's a black day for the world, who will have to resort to looking for talent in lesser places.  Who knows?  Perhaps one of Gaza's geniuses could have one day found the cure for cancer.

He he he
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 01:38:50 AM »
Zachor_ve_Kavod,

You have proven that you are a master of satire. Sounds like a SNL skit.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 01:44:34 AM »
Zachor_ve_Kavod,

I'm glad you enjoyed that, but the way the media reported this story bothered me.  It was as if Israel had destroyed the Sorbonne!  Give me a break!  What do they actually study at Gaza university?  How to be a suicide bomber?  The problem with that class is that if you pass, you won't be able to collect your diploma.  The arabs contribute nothing whatsoever to higher learning.  That's not bigotry, that's a fact!  So for the media to make a big deal about this was ridiculous, in my opinion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »
Zachor_ve_Kavod,

I'm glad you enjoyed that, but the way the media reported this story bothered me.  It was as if Israel had destroyed the Sorbonne!  Give me a break!  What do they actually study at Gaza university?  How to be a suicide bomber?  The problem with that class is that if you pass, you won't be able to collect your diploma.  The arabs contribute nothing whatsoever to higher learning.  That's not bigotry, that's a fact!  So for the media to make a big deal about this was ridiculous, in my opinion.

Very good... I missed those stories today, thank goodness. The only stories I saw were using the dead children as something to be outraged about. Im sure they were studying suicide bombing techniques as that is the only thing they have contributed to the world.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 01:55:30 AM »
Zachor_ve_Kavod,

Very good... I missed those stories today, thank goodness. The only stories I saw were using the dead children as something to be outraged about. Im sure they were studying suicide bombing techniques as that is the only thing they have contributed to the world.

Yes, the muslim contribution to science--proof that there is such a thing as spontaneous combustion.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 02:49:30 AM »
Ohhhho! A very big loss to the world. And such losses shall continue till the world has nothing to lose such things.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 11:40:17 PM »
Zachor_ve_Kavod,

"What do they actually study at Gaza university?  How to be a suicide bomber?  The problem with that class is that if you pass, you won't be able to collect your diploma."

:::D
aka Someone Else