Author Topic: mark regev is doing very well in this war  (Read 849 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
mark regev is doing very well in this war
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:40:52 AM »
I saw mark regev, the israeli govt spokesman, actually put BBC hardman jeremy paxman in his place.

Paxman normally rips people apart, or gets the israeli guy really upset.  Not this time!  Sometimes when people go too right wing for paxman he can't handle it, like Ann Coulter.   Regev was defending firing at a UN building saying it was hijacked by terrorists or terrorists were near it.

unfortunately the BBC have cut down on their website, the video isnt online.

obviously he is an israeli govt, 2 state solution person, but he put on a great performance against paxman's attempted grilling.

sometimes he just answers about how israel is under attack, and he avoids questions, but i've seen some very good perfornmances.

here are some articles on him

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/people,,who-is-mark-regev-israels-spokesman-for-war,68413
jan 2009 (so, within this gaza war)
Who is Mark Regev, the hard-as-steel spokesman for Israeli PM Ehud Olmert, who’s popping up on British TV and radio every five minutes to defend Israel’s action in Gaza? It’s a question being asked by viewers and TV professionals alike. Try as he might, even Jeremy Paxman was unable to dent Regev’s armour as he tried again and again on Newsnight on Tuesday to persuade the PR man that firing missiles into a UN-run school filled with civilians was a bad thing.  [rest of article exaggerates how good he is]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2006/aug/02/post188
(leftist paper) 2006 (time of lebanon war I suppose)
Jeremy Paxman looked to have an easy target on Monday's Newsnight: the Israeli government spokesman, Mark Regev. Paxman had plenty of material to make the interview uncomfortable for Regev, not least the carnage in Qana the previous day. But Regev emerged from the interview unmarked, after a smooth performance in which he showed not the slightest flicker of temper or even irritation. Instead, he calmly put the Israeli government case.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: mark regev is doing very well in this war
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
I saw Mark Regev this morning on Fox News and he told Bill Hemmer that all he wants is hamas to recognize Israel and then he would fully support dialogue with them and a full continuation of the "peace process." Mark Regev is a k^&e beast who is a kadima jerk and wants to give everything to the muzzies. As Chaim said, we are lucky that Hamas is so stupid.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »
I saw Mark Regev this morning on Fox News and he told Bill Hemmer that all he wants is hamas to recognize Israel and then he would fully support dialogue with them and a full continuation of the "peace process." Mark Regev is a k^&e beast who is a kadima jerk and wants to give everything to the muzzies. As Chaim said, we are lucky that Hamas is so stupid.

I said "obviously he is an israeli govt, 2 state solution person, but he put on a great performance against paxman's attempted grilling."

I am not sure that Hamas is so stupid, they kill each other but they do make agreements. It's good cop bad cop.
Infact, rabbi kahane once said that if the jewish establishment were smarter, they could have done good cop bad cop with him!

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »
Look at this piece of pommy crap from english channel 4: Regev did well.

Funny how this unwashed bastard didn't plead "in the name of humanity" for the mumbai muslim terrorists who mutilated a one year old's parents and left him amongst their corpses for days to stop their muslim rampage.

"In the name of humanity", I hope this soap-dodger gets a bullet to the head.

Here is abit from Regev vs Paxman:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 06:50:25 PM by AussieJTFer »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
Look at this piece of pommy crap from english channel 4: Regev did well.

<snip>
Here is abit from Regev vs Paxman:

I like it. Especially Regev-Paxman, that's the whole thing that was on TV. It was short.

Funnily enough, in the Lebanon War, I think Regev had the job then too.. but his answers weren't so good. The Israeli Government at that time was trying to win hearts and minds in lebanon.  Paxman was saying "do you seriously think israel is winning hearts and minds of arabs?" Regev says "Yes!". Paxman gave him a look of disbelief like Regev was a nutcase.  Regev said that arab governments are in close contact with israel, and they can't tell their populations they have good relations with israel incase it angers them - angers the arab street.  I read the same nonsense once in a written interview Ehud Barak gave to Hamodia. Obviously not winning hearts and minds!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
Regev looks good on British television only because the interviewers are such anti semites.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »
Actually in that Thompson video, Regev cowered before him, basically begging the anti semite to forgive him.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
THAT'S the BBC's television network?  That is just sick.  Pretty soon all BBC reporters will be required to wear a keffiyeh.

paxman is left wing.. He was quite soft on Amram Mitzna in 2000.
Mitzna talked of separation, Paxman said "and you're left wing.." so implicitly he meant this must be a really seriously terrible problem!

But Paxman plays devils advocate on his newsnight program.  Apparently some years back he tore into Hannan Ashwari when she said she sends her children on "palestinian" camps.. and he showed footage of what goes on in these camps. She was never on again!!!!!  Apparently The "palestinians" decided she's no good to have on when the war against israel is strong.

On hardtalk they put very strong arguments to Hamas when they have Hamas on.   Israeli government officials usually can't take it, they get really upset.. I saw a recent one, the Hamas guy interviewed by video just refused to say "thank you" at the end of the interview.

There's no question though that the channel 4 one was bias.. And regular BBC news is bias.

Paxman tears into whoever he interviews usually. Hamas or Israeli Government.  As does BBC Hardtalk(which you don't see here).

Paxman was at his worst with Tony Blair when he asked him if he and George Bush pray together.