Poll

Should Chaim write a memoir about his life?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Should Chaim write a book?  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Should Chaim write a book?
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:41:37 PM »
I think a book will do more for the movement than almost anything else.
After a book comes TV appearances left and right, the book being turned into a movie, etc.  (If it is successful, which I predict the book will be.)
It can easily be "ghost-written" as well, if Chaim does not want to devote all of his time to writing the book.

Hey, if the sinister-liar-politician bark hussein nobama can write a book or two, so can the great Chaim Ben Pesach!!!
aka Someone Else

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Should Chaim write a book?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »
Chaim would at least have to proofread it to make sure it was accurate and that would take time. However I think that's definitely a book I would want to read.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »
I can imagine Chaim writing a book called "Why I Don't Have Time to Write a Book".

Seriously though, if he could do one, I think it would be very interesting.  It would also be a very good thing.  There is no shortage of books with muddled thinking.  Chaim could offer a refreshing change to that.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »
I am sure Chaim is doing many great things and is always busy, and I of course know nothing of his schedule, aside from the great things he does for the JTF forum in English and Hebrew, making videos, answering questions, commenting, publicizing the site, etc.  If that is what is taking up his time, I really, really think that producing a book would be a much higher yield and benefit the movement greatly.
Chaim Ben Pesach's memoir would be a bestseller (according to me) and he would tour the world giving interviews and would be on TV discussing his book and his life and the future of JTF, Israel, etc.
As it stands, JTF could become a mass movement, but it will be an uphill battle.
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »
I can imagine Chaim writing a book called "Why I Don't Have Time to Write a Book".

:laugh:
aka Someone Else

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 08:51:52 PM »
Yes and I would read it.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 08:58:43 PM »
Chaim?? Write a book? Nah- Chaim is like me a lot- he is a leader- leaders hardly have any time to gather thoughts as events take place, and one event after the next happens- it would be hard- but- he can dictate to someone- or- talk into a recorder and have someone else write it??
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:05:09 PM »
Yes.  Leaders either write books or have books written about them.  That is the whole purpose of biographers.
AsheDina, name one great leader who either has not written a book nor has a book written about them.  I think it is a little strange to say a leader means one who does not have time to write a book.  Quite the contrary.
Like Chaim said, Jews actually read...  It also follows that Jews also produce copious amounts of great literature.

Side note:  What "religion" is it whose adherents read an average of 4 pages per year?  Jizlam.

As Chaim Ben Pesach is a Jewish leader, scholar, activist, and Rabbi, I am having a hard time believing that he has not yet written a book and and am further confused when he indicates he is not very interested in doing so.
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 09:10:06 PM »
Are there any authors on JTF?
aka Someone Else

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »
I think that Chaim should write a book. There is no such excuse as there is no time... There is no time like the present.

I believe such a book could have a great effect on the movement. Many people would like to hear the full story about the history of JTF, what its goals are, how we would like to accomplish this. At least this book would be useful by anyone to know what the Jewish Task Force would like to accomplish.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 09:30:03 PM »
<snip>
As Chaim Ben Pesach is a Jewish leader, scholar, activist, and Rabbi, I am having a hard time believing that he has not yet written a book and and am further confused when he indicates he is not very interested in doing so.

Chaim is not a rabbi.

Rabbi Kahane wrote alot, largely while in prison! 

He believed, as does Chaim, that the situation is SO URGENT, too urgent for books.  Rabbi Kahane was very practical.. he wanted to get people to go to israel, he made more of an impact speaking. Drove his words home more..

Rabbi Kahane did somehow find the time to write many books, some for regular jews, other scholarly ones. He was murdered before he completed his commentary on tenach, which is all in hebrew , a translation is in the works apparently.  Chaim was even in solitary confinement in prison.. no paper! and starving for lack of kosher food.  (since rabbi kahane made demands in his day, prisons were legally required to give prisoners kosher food. Chaim had some bad luck in that a fraud rabbi - reform type - gave him food that wasn't kosher and said it was kosher)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:41:16 PM by q_q_ »

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »
I think it would be really cool to have a documentary about the JDL overall.  It could be submitted to the Liberty Film festival.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »
<snip>

Chaim is not a rabbi.

Rabbi Kahane wrote alot, largely while in prison! 

He believed, as does Chaim, that the situation is SO URGENT, too urgent for books.  Rabbi Kahane was very practical.. he wanted to get people to go to israel, he made more of an impact speaking. Drove his words home more..

Rabbi Kahane did somehow find the time to write many books, some for regular jews, other scholarly ones. He was murdered before he completed his commentary on tenach, which is all in hebrew , a translation is in the works apparently.  Chaim was even in solitary confinement in prison.. no paper! and starving for lack of kosher food.  (since rabbi kahane made demands in his day, prisons were legally required to give prisoners kosher food. Chaim had some bad luck in that a fraud rabbi - reform type - gave him food that wasn't kosher and said it was kosher)

I thought I recalled reading on the forum that Chaim was a rabbi, sorry I was mistaken.  In any case, I know Chaim has a lot of experiences and insights and the world is missing out because he has not written a book.
aka Someone Else

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
Yes he should.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »
If Chaim ever wrote a book, I would indeed read it. 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 09:56:27 PM »
  The JTF Archive programs would be an excellent source of information to use.        The key would be having a skilled writer put the info into book form.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »
Well, not Chaim persay...since he's busy doing his thing..>but someone who is a great writer can do interviews with chaim and do either a documentary or biography about him...and we have these shows which are a great great resource for a biography about chaim.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »
  The JTF Archive programs would be an excellent source of information to use.        The key would be having a skilled writer put the info into book form.

there are many people who listen to an hour or two of Ask JTF. They should writes the names and times that questions are answered.

That way we can easily find questions and answers.

audio can then more easily be cut from them and put together. or even before being put together, people can learn more.. the audio will be in far better form.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 12:45:38 AM »
I hope he'd make it an audiobook.  :)  Im on-the-go a lot.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 01:25:36 AM »
YES!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 02:18:47 AM »
Thank you for all your responses!  I am starting a mini-movement to encourage Chaim to write/cowrite/dictate/proofread a book or a memoir about his life and life's work!

:dance: :read: :jump:
aka Someone Else

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 08:59:38 AM »
I'd leave up to Chaim... but if he ever decided to go forward and write a Book, I sure it won't go Un-Noticed!!!
  When you speak the Truth and carry such conviction you're bound to get some attention, even by the evil so called media.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »
The end cannot yet be written. Otherwise, a good idea.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
I think a book will do more for the movement than almost anything else.
After a book comes TV appearances left and right, the book being turned into a movie, etc.  (If it is successful, which I predict the book will be.)
It can easily be "ghost-written" as well, if Chaim does not want to devote all of his time to writing the book.

Hey, if the sinister-liar-politician bark hussein nobama can write a book or two, so can the great Chaim Ben Pesach!!!

it would be a best seller for jtfers and real jewish right wingers  but thats it...if someone is a good writer this could be something good to write a biography
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »
Yes and I would read it.

Hi Wolf! I would be very interested in reading his story too. I would certainly buy his book.

Shalom - Dox