Author Topic: Should I attend this pro-Israel rally?  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Should I attend this pro-Israel rally?
« on: March 13, 2007, 02:05:28 PM »
It's being sponsored by an arm of the establishment in the spirit of "emphasizing the pluralistic and democratic nature of Israel and her respect of human rights and freedoms."

One part of me wants to go because my friends will be there and it will be covered by the media outlets. It's a serious demonstration.

The other part of me wants to not participate because they don't have the same vision for Israel that I do. Also, if I went and promoted JTF, I risk being shunned and ridiculed by my peers. It may be easy for one of you to say that I shouldn't care what they think- but I'm not yet willing to remove the comfortable cloak of anonymity covering my JTF activities. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:09:19 PM by Jabo »

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
Re: Should I attend this pro-Israel rally?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »
If you like feeling incensed, repressed, ignored, isolated, and annoyed - sure, why not go?

or can't just you make use of the situation to socialize :)
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Din Rodef

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 02:59:56 PM »
It's being sponsored by an arm of the establishment in the spirit of "emphasizing the pluralistic and democratic nature of Israel and her respect of human rights and freedoms." 

ooh...that statement seems dangerous cuz it sounds pro-secular state which usually translates into anti-Zionist

This group probably has a New World Order vision of Israel...instead of a Zionist vision.

Heck yeah...go there and promote JTF...

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »
I got up and yelled Jews Should Not Expel Jews after the Israeli Consul-General was done speaking in a speech that was favorable to Ehud Smolmert.

Yacov........i can imagine that haha.....
If you are doubtful about the aim of the demonstration then going just to join in, will just add the assumed numbers of supporters. Borrow Allen-T's t-shirt....... ;D

The last time i went to a demonstration, naked people came out of no where.....i vowed never to attend again.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »
why dont you bring a table and a few other guys and have your own Jewish Solution booth. Pass out kahanist material books, DVDs etc. Maybe myself and a few others can help you if your interested.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 06:13:53 PM »
why dont you bring a table and a few other guys and have your own Jewish Solution booth. Pass out kahanist material books, DVDs etc. Maybe myself and a few others can help you if your interested.

Eh. I couldn't really consider myself a Kahanist because I practice 'conservative' Judaism. However, I do support the Kahanists and the religious Zionists because I believe they are the only ones who can save the state of Israel from the bolshevik elite and the Arabs. Most of my friends know that I am on the fringe right when it comes to Israel anyway...I will have to tell them about JTF someday.

Offline tonycali99

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 06:55:02 PM »
i say jsut do it god will bless you 4 suporting israel!

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »
Jabo, you know most of the members of the Kach party were not religious? You can disagree with specific points of our ideology while still supporting us.

And if you want help with Kahane DVDs to pass out or show at the rally let me know.
Ramban

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 07:53:21 PM »
Jabo, you know most of the members of the Kach party were not religious? You can disagree with specific points of our ideology while still supporting us.

And if you want help with Kahane DVDs to pass out or show at the rally let me know.

Thanks for the offer but I'll have to take you up another time.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 08:36:54 PM »
Are you a Conservative Jew or are you just not observant? There is a difference. I'm not completely observant but I call myself Orthodox because I believe in Judaism 100%. I don't believe in Conservative Judaism and I only go to Orthodox synagogues.

I attended Jewish day school as a youth and my family belongs to a Conservative shul. Over the last few years, my observance of Judaism has declined significantly. I'm not what that makes me.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »
When and where is the rally? Who is sponsoring it? It would be interesting if Chaim gave a speach a block away at the same time that someone like Matt Finberg spoke. We could give out signs that let people know they can listen to Chaim instead.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 10:51:29 PM »
Jabo, if you were raised Conservative it is not surprising you would abandon what you were told was Judaism. Read Rabbi Kahane's zt'l book "Why Be Jewish" about the bankruptcy of the non-Torah Jewish movements.
Ramban

Din Rodef

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 10:17:05 AM »
I attended the Establishment Israeli Independence Day celebration in Philadelphia with my orange Jews Should Not Expel Jews shirt. I got up and yelled Jews Should Not Expel Jews after the Israeli Consul-General was done speaking in a speech that was favorable to Ehud Smolmert.

Someone there told me that Arabs love when I wear that shirt because they think I'm protesting against Israel but it is really Pro-Israel and Anti-Arab.

LOL...that's a great story

It's funny that the Arabs thought you were protesting against Israel