Author Topic: Heather Nova has released her new album "Jasmine Flower"  (Read 383 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Heather Nova has released her new album "Jasmine Flower"
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »

2008 album from the Bermudan songstress. 'I played around a lot over the last 2 years with different sounds and ideas, but in the end I decided I wanted to make my most stark record to date, so I recorded the songs with just me and my guitar. Afterwards we added a string quartet to a few tracks.I have a home studio here in Bermuda, but when I was ready to put down the tracks, the whole thing started breaking down first the mixing desk then the computer itself died. I was very 'in the zone' to record and didn't want to wait what could be weeks for all new gear to arrive, so I decided it was a lesson in simplicity. I realized I could still record and mix the album on my solar powered laptop. So there you have it that's all you need to make a great sounding album. Sun and songs. I think the songs must be good, because most of them make me feel pretty uncomfortable, which is a sign that I have plumbed the depths and dug for truth, no matter how unsettling.' - Heather Nova. Sony. 2008.

Track Listings
1. Ride
2. Beautiful Storm
3. Maybe Tomorrow
4. Out on a Limb
5. Every Soldier Is a Mother's Son
6. Out in New Mexico
7. Looking for the Light
8. Hollow
9. If I Should Die
10. Say Something
11. Follow Me in Grace

http://www.amazon.com/Jasmine-Flower-Heather-Nova/dp/B001F6ZDLO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1231872915&sr=8-1

Preview:

Very good.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani