Author Topic: Greetings from Scotland  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Fergus

• New JTFer
Greetings from Scotland
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
Hello

I found this site through videos linked to Teddy Jacobson's site. I have looked at a number of Chaim ben Pesach's videos, and found them highly informative. I have been pro-Israel all my conscious life, as my father knew the Middle East well, and left me in no doubt of the rightness of Israel's cause, and the pro-Arab attitudes of the British authorities. I remember well the build up to the 1967 War, and I have often pointed out to anti-Zionists that no one can doubt that an Arab victory would have been followed by genocide, rape and wholesale looting and destruction, and the repeated Israeli victories have not even resulted in the Arabs being shifted out, which common sense alone would tell anyone is the only viable solution.

What caught my eye was the use of the term 'righteous gentiles'. I first heard it used in connection with my father. I was on a sailing course almost 20 years ago, not long after my father's death, and I was having dinner with an Israeli bloke on the course. He was originally from Wales, but had gone to Israel to fight in the War of Independence in 1948, and had stayed there. I mentioned that my father really liked Israel, and had spent time there. The Israeli bloke asked (rather distantly) if he had been in the Palestine Police. I laughed, and said hardly, he was as much a Zionist as a gentile could be.

He had been in a small unit of the RAF, serving in the Middle East, although, like many people who went through war, he would only tell me funny stories. It was my mother who told me how he had been wounded, and someone I met who knew him, told me he had been with my father in Yugoslavia in 1942 (i.e. while the Germans were in occupation. I never found out what that was about).  He had also been on the British Commando course at Spean Bridge in Scotland. He did tell me that there was a restriction on Jews being given full military training, as the British knew very well what a headache trained Jews would be for them after the War. My father's unit moved onto an airfield that had been used by the Italians, and found an Italian arms dump there. The CO told the armourer to get rid of the Italian weapons and ammunition, so my father and he did, by training the Jews in the squadron, who were from the British mandate, on the Italian kit. My father spent many of his leaves in Israel, and saw how the Jews had transformed the place. After I had explained this to the Israeli, he said my father would have the reward granted to righteous gentiles.

What impressed me even more about this site, was the fact that Chaim ben Pesach closed down the discussion on Bishop Williamson of the SSPX. I am a traditional Catholic, from a Catholic family, and I attended Mass at the Society of Saint Pius X's church in Glasgow yesterday. After Mass, I was discussing the lifting of the excommunications with an elderly lady of considerable wit and charm, who said, a propos of Bishop Williamson's revisionist comments, "When Bishop Williamson says something daft, and people outside the SSPX start on at me about him, I say to them - if your religion, church or organisation has no nutcases, you can criticise us. You have your nutcases, we have ours, like Bishop Williamson." Bishop Williamson also believes 9/11 was an inside job by the Americans.

I have met Bishop Williamson, and I only listen to him on matters of the Catholic Faith. Like all clergymen, including the Pope, his opinion on matters outside the Faith is worth no more than anyone else's. A friend of mine, who likewise attends SSPX Masses, told me his father had been one of the British troops who first went into Belsen, and had said to him, many years ago, "Son, never believe anyone who tells you the Concentration Camps did not murder Jews. I saw it with my own eyes."

"From the morning watch, even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord. For with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him plentiful redemption, and He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities."

Fergus

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Greetings from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
Welcome
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »
Welcome!
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 03:18:19 PM »
Welcome to JTF.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »
Just saw this post. What a great post. I hope this person returns and joins our discussions.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »
Welcome, Fergus! Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum! :)

I am very familiar with Traditional Catholicism; I have friends in the pro-life movement who are Traditional Catholics (some are SSPX, some are even sedevacantists). While I realize there are some like Bishop Williamson in their midst, most are truly decent people whose moral views are almost the same as mine.

Shalom and Alba gu bragh! :),

Chana
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »
Great post Fergus! Please join our discussions, the people here are wonderful! We have some British members as well..

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 06:50:50 PM »
Welcome!  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 07:37:16 PM »
Welcome Aboard Fergus!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 03:27:00 AM »
Welcome!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Fergus

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »
Thank you all for the kind greetings, and tapadh leat to Chana for the Latin and the Gaelic.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 02:33:51 AM »
Thank goodness the Pope has forced this 'wayward' bishop to recant his insane comments. From what I understand the Pope is who is supposed to have a direct line to your 'savior'. I hope that the RCC understands how crucial it is to maintain good relations with the Jewish people. I am somewhat encouraged to hear that Pat Robertson has strengthened his ties with Israel {though I know the reasons he does this}.

Those who Bless Israel are blessed while those who curse her are cursed. This is the way it was and the way it always will be, till Moshiach.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »
Its my understanding of Catholic theology that the Pope cannot force someone to recant something they believe unless it is an erroneous THEOLOGICAL dogma of some sort (think: Martin Luther, 1517). This belief Bishop Williamson has, about the Shoah, would be a political belief.

Personally I think if the Pope can force Williamson to recant a political view, he should also force that Father Pfleger to recant his racist views against Whites...but I won't hold my breath on that one since Pfleger is "buddies" with Obama!

Personally I have a real problem with (mostly liberal) Jews trying to tell other religions what to believe; unless we wouldn't mind them telling us what to believe. I don't like what the NOI believes about Jews either, but as long as they don't put those words into actions, who cares?
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and what a great post !

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 03:21:57 PM »
Welcome from Wales. Sorry about the Rugby. Seriously, great post and I hope we see lots more from you.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 08:12:48 AM »
Welcome to JTF!  :dance:

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
I have 3 Scottish friends, Grieve, Graham and Conall.  :)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 08:24:35 AM »
I have no scottish friends... but may I find one here ;)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »
Excellent post Fergus.  Welcome aboard.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson