Author Topic: Guess what my college professor told a group of youngsters today.  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Guess what my college professor told a group of youngsters today.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 01:07:36 AM »
I have a friend from Greece who tells me that America installed the 67-74 Greek dictatorship because they didn't let us use their airspace. I don't know too many facts about that so could anyone elaborate on his statement?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 10:46:59 AM »
Liberal Arts professors all over the world are hardcore, Marxists and revolutionaries.  They have definitely had an impact on the US.  Why do you think Obama was elected President and overwhelmingly supported by the majority of young people?
The indoctrination starts in well before college.  It does not just take place in the educational institutions.

It is impossible to keep young people in a box.  Shield them from all evil influences.  That is unrealistic. 
Parents must attempt to be good role models.  Teach them good morals.  Nurture their relationship with G-d (whatever your religion).  Arm them with knowledge about right and wrong.  Then pray and hope for the best.  I'm frightened every day I send my child out into the world, the one outside my home.  Still children are not dolls to be kept on a shelf.  They must learn to navigate the ills in this world, maybe change them if they can. 
Those are just my beliefs.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:00:38 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 01:25:06 PM »
Where is American imperialism?

Show me some evidence to support your claims

In an opinion piece in the Manchester Guardian, Indian journalist Arundhati Roy wrote, "Here is a list of the countries that America has been at war with - and bombed - since the second world war:" It reads

* China (1945-46, 1950-53)
    * Korea (1950-53)
    * Guatemala (1954, 1967-69)
    * Indonesia (1958)
    * Cuba (1959-60)
    * Vietnam (1961-73)
    * The Belgian Congo (1964)
    * Laos (1964-73)
    * Peru (1965)
    * Cambodia (1969-70)
    * Nicaragua (the 1980s)
    * El Salvador (the 1980s)
    * Grenada (1983)
    * Libya (1986)
    * Panama (1989)
    * Iraq (1991-99, 2003-08)
    * Bosnia/Republic of Srpska (1995)
    * Sudan (1998)
    * Yugoslavia (1999)
    * Afghanistan (2001-08)

From this, by simply counting, the years 1947-49, 1955-57, 1974-79, 1990 and 2000 were the only peaceful ones. 73% of the years, from World War II's end until 1989, the U.S. was militarily intervening somewhere. After the Berlin Wall fell in 1989 (not counting conflicts like Colombia where governing elites request help against rebellious subpopulations) the U.S. was actively militarily intervening in a foreign country at least 89% of the years into 2008, an increase of 22%.

In 2006, Ramsey Clark, former U.S. Attorney General under Lyndon B. Johnson, wrote:

Both branches of our One Party system, Democrat (D) and Republican (R), favor the use of force to have their way. Consider,

1. Regime Change in Iran (1953), the Shah replacing democratically elected Mossadegh; Eisenhower (R);
   2. Regime Change in Guatemala (1954), a military government [replacing] democratically elected Arbenz;
       Eisenhower (R);
   3. Regime Change in Congo (1961) assassination of Patrice Lumumba, Eisenhower (R)
   4. The Vietnam War (1959-1975), Eisenhower (R), Kennedy (D), Johnson (D), Nixon (R);
   5. Invasion of the Dominican Republic (1965), Johnson (D);
   6. Contra Warfare against Nicaragua (1981-1988), resulting in regime change from the Sandinistas to   
       corrupt capitalists; Reagan (R);
   7. Attack and occupation of Grenada (population 110,000)(1983-1987) Reagan (R);
   8. Aerial attack on the sleeping cities of Tripoli and Benghazi, Libya, (1986) Reagan (R);
   9. Invasion of Panama Regime Change (1989-1990), George H. W. Bush (R);
  10. Gulf War (1991), George H. W. Bush (R);
  11. "Humanitarian" occupation of Somalia leading to 10,000 Somali deaths (1992-1993) George H. W. Bush
       (R) and Bill Clinton (D);
  12. Aerial attacks on Iraq (1993-2001) Bill Clinton (D);
  13. War against Yugoslavia (1999) 23,000 bombs and missiles dropped on Yugoslavia, Bill Clinton (D)
  14. Missile Attack (21 Tomahawk Cruise Missiles) destroying the Al Shifa Pharmaceutical Plant in Khartoum
       which provided the majority of all medicines for Sudan (1998) Bill Clinton (D);
  15. Invasion and Occupation of Afghanistan, Regime Change (2001-present) George W. Bush (R);
  16. War of Aggression against Iraq and Hostile Occupation (2003)-present) George W. Bush (R);
  17. Regime Change in Haiti (2004) Democratically elected Aristide for three years of chaos and systematic
       killing, George W. Bush (R)

I'm not so sure about George W. Bush being the worst president ever. I'm young and I haven't personally seen how many of the other past presidents have performed. But you definitely have to consider him among the worst presidents the U.S. has had. For a man who is the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, he has exposed himself as a generally unintelligent and ignorant person who led an unnecessary and questionable invasion of a country for the sole purpose of overthrowing a regime because it posed threats to them. Under Bush, the United States has plunged into an economic crisis. You can't sit there and tell me that the Bush administration has nothing to do with it. Even the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying "Consider the terrible consequences of the 'anything goes' Bush Administration, whose irresponsible non-regulation of financial institutions has led to this crisis."   

Every single one of the governments or movements America was against in your list was completely evil and I don't know why you think it's ok to bash America in a forum that is trying to save America and loves America, as well as Israel. 

I'll pick a couple from your pathetic list.  Sudan??? Clinton bombed a chemical weapons program and they were harboring Osama Bin Laden who attacked the United States and they call that imperialism?  If the left says imperialism enough, people begin to believe it. 

I also suggest you and anyone who agrees with you, read your history about the Grant or Polk administrations, never mind the Carter Administration, when talking about the worst presidents in history.

Just looking at Libya, that was a bombing against Qaddafi after two of his intelligence officers helped kill hundreds of people on a Pan Am flight and we bombed them in retaliation.  Completely justified. 

No one here is going to agree with the attacks on Serbia and perhaps even the Gulf War. 

I can't even list these all, Cambodia, who harbored Vietnamese troops to attack US forces and we righteously bombed those evil beasts.  I know everything was better when the communists took over...oh wait, they killed 3 million people and ruined the country.  They even wiped out the entire ethnic Chinese and Vietnamese populations there. 

Oh and the lovely communist regimes of Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua.  We never bombed them, we gave the opposition money and arms, which is not the same as being at war with someone.  Maybe we should take that logic at face value?  If a country supports your enemies and sells weapons to them, you are at war with them.  That means Israel is at war with Russia, we are at war with the entire Muslim world and so on.  I guess we can go down that path, but there will be a flip side to the left's arguments. 

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
Universities are becoming so awful and they will fail you if you disagree with them unless you are 100% on top of your work. It's easier to just go along and agree with them if you're not absolutely confident that they will give you an A. 

What's really evil is that the left reinvents history.  If you talk to people who were alive during many of these conflicts they will tell you things that will blow your mind because many of them would show that the left distorts history.  The left often lies through omission.  They ill just leave certain facts out that don't support their thesis. 

Another thing the left and the neo-Marxists and neo-Maoists love to do is fawn over primitive societies.  I guess it's hard to criticize a nation or people who live in huts and never left a five mile area for screwing up everything.  It's easy to blame America because you can play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with the USA. There is this stupidity of primitivism, where hippies and those who love them think that we have gone against our inner beings.  We are living in an unnatural situation and need to go back to the way we lived 30,000 years ago.  They are against everything from the car to the modern day toilet.  That is why the USA is so reviled by them.  America represents human progress and its unparalleled success flies in the face of those idiotic theories like Marxism and anarchism.  America is the oldest democracy, and the best example of capitalism.  That's why you'll see all these documentaries against traditionally American culture, society, business, eating habits, capitalism, etc.  These primitivists think that Aboriginal culture is what we should follow, even though they used to only live for 30 years on average.  They want to go natural but ignore that nature can be very cruel and many plants can kill you.  It's when you have understanding about the world and have realistic expectations about how things work and follow the path of G-d, that you can begin to navigate properly though the world.  I'm so sick of "go natural".  Of course veggies are good for you but if you went around in the woods and started eating everything, you'd die very quickly.  We live longer than in any time in history and our health is better than ever. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
did he teach you that there was no Santa Clause? :::D

because pretty much that's all these silly history professors know...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein