Author Topic: Which is better?  (Read 7725 times)

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Which is better?
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:37:36 PM »
A Barrett .50 or a Bushmaster .50 rifle?

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Which is better?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:01:02 AM »
I don't know a lot about guns.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:13:24 AM »

I would choose the Barrett .50, do you want buy one? ;)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 11:03:06 AM »

If you choose it I would do the same ;)

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 02:20:46 AM »

Yes, because I heard California banned them already and they will be the first guns to be banned under Obama. 

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 04:22:51 AM »
Why don't you buy a pistol? 9mm?  :)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Kylefromomaha

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »
Some people like side arms, some like shotguns, some like semi autos.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 04:08:16 AM »
Why don't you buy a pistol? 9mm?  :)

I have a few pistols and rifles already but this would be a huge expense.  They cost about $13,000 and I don't have anywhere near that type of money for just a gun.  I was asking about the Bushmaster because it is cheaper by about $8,000. 

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
I want a pistol one day... I can wear it easy.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 10:31:07 AM »
Bushmaster .50 calibur.

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 03:16:33 AM »
Now where you gonna get the money to shoot either one of those.. LOL.. I myself like the Beowulf by ALexander Arms.  Too bad it cost like $5.00 a round to shoot.

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »
I would get a good Arsenal AK or a cheaper yugo or something like that due to the fact that they are much more reliable and will last longer without having to replace parts. Now I know these are filthy animal arab and black guy guns but if you stock up on ammo and a few crucial parts it will last while a bushmaster is much nicer and more accurate, but not as reliable and if banned parts probably will be...

Not to mention, much more expensive... Also, if you semi-new to rifles AK might be the best choice...
G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 01:03:34 PM »
Now where you gonna get the money to shoot either one of those.. LOL.. I myself like the Beowulf by ALexander Arms.  Too bad it cost like $5.00 a round to shoot.

That's the problem!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
I would get a good Arsenal AK or a cheaper yugo or something like that due to the fact that they are much more reliable and will last longer without having to replace parts. Now I know these are filthy animal arab and black guy guns but if you stock up on ammo and a few crucial parts it will last while a bushmaster is much nicer and more accurate, but not as reliable and if banned parts probably will be...

Not to mention, much more expensive... Also, if you semi-new to rifles AK might be the best choice...

Thanks!

• Full JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 01:14:04 PM »
NP

I'm thinking about getting an AK but need to get .40 so I have been doing research...

I suggest watching nutnfany's (on youtube) AK vs AR hour review... He has GREAT videos and is former military and current LEO..

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
Oh please not another AK vs AR debate  :'(   That can take you years to figure out.  I will say this, for close range combat, AKs may prove superior, but for longer range combat, an AR will be essential, as an AK is not very accurate.  I personally think purchasing an AR-10 with .308 round will be much better investment than an AK-47.  The .308 round is superior to 7.62 x 39, more penetrating and retains accuracy at farther distances. 

Check out DPMS and Armalite.

If you got the dough , you may consider investing in an M1A, its a real sweet gun, but may set you back couple - few grand.

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »
Yeah, I also am of the opinion that an AR-15 is superior. Considering one's experience and amount of money he or she is willing to spend is what I believe could make the AK superior. Not the gun, but for a person.

Although it wouldn't make political sense for HUSSEIN to pressure congress to draw up another semi auto rifle ban until he gets reelected (pray to GOD he does not) getting an AK first then after a few months getting a nice AR is what I suggest all JTFers to do, as that is what I plan on doing...

Offline MountainMan

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 01:22:12 AM »
Check out AR-10 best of both worlds. I have many times considered selling my Ar-15s and switching to the AR-10 route.  The .308 is just a better all around manstopper, killer , etc than .223.  AR-10 also has the same accuracy as AR-15 with a more powerful round than the AK47.   

Most cheap AK-47s you buy today are complete garbage and its worth the extra money you spend on better made AR-15 or AR-10.   IF you want to buy an AK47 that is of good quality expect to pay the same or more than you would pay on an AR-15.  A decent quality AR-10 will run you around $1500, which is the same you will pay for a Bulgarian Arsenal AK-47 or a fully converted Saiga.

Check out AR-10 Armalite or DPMS. 

Perhaps the M1A is the best of all the combat semi auto weapons available to us..  It is more accurate than even AR-10 and also hold 19 round mags of .308.  The M1A is the civilian version of the military M-14 rifle.  I have seen them make all aluminum metal bodied M1As which give them the same appearance as an AR-15, but with the better mechanics of the M1A.