Author Topic: Haaretz claims Israelites were negros.  (Read 5014 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Haaretz claims Israelites were negros.
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
I generally don't take Haaretz seriously but is there anything more selfhating they can do to take away any credibility Jews have to the land of Israel? This is pretty disgusting.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1037262.html

Last update - 00:00 14/11/2008             
How white were the Israelites? Facial reconstruction may be surprising
By Ofri Ilani, Haaretz Correspondent
Tags: Jewish World, Bible

No one knows how the Israelites and the Judeans looked or which people they would most closely resemble today. Bible stories and historical essays from the Second Temple Period offer a relatively few descriptions of the Israelites' physical appearance. Whatever descriptions do exist can be interpreted in countless ways. The skeletons uncovered at archaeological digs throughout Israel provide only partial information regarding the appearance of early Land of Israel residents.

The accepted assumption has been that early Hebrews resembled the people now living in the Middle East or the Mediterranean Basin. However, an Israeli anthropologist researching the question has now made a surprising claim: the subjects of the Kingdom of Judea in the Second Temple Period looked more like black Africans. This theory arose after Prof. Yair Ben David of Tel-Aviv University conducted the first-ever facial reconstruction of its kind.

The research, conducted with scientists from the Russian Foundation of Fundamental Investigation, was published in the German journal Anthropoligischer Anzeiger. Ben Yair used the skull of a male from the Hellenistic Period and a female from the Roman Period that had been discovered in the Dead Sea region.
   Advertisement

The researchers reconstructed gaps in the skulls and inserted false teeth. They measured the skulls and reconstructed the soft tissue based on earlier research. Using cutting-edge technology, they created two statues they say are quite accurate representations of early Hebrew man and woman.

Not surprisingly, the appearance of the man is very similar to that of today's Middle Eastern man. The researchers concluded that he belonged to the Mediterranean branch of the Caucasoid group, scientific terminology for what is known as "white."

However, the woman's appearance was quite surprising. She has a large mouth with a protruding upper lip and a full lower lip. The nose is also prominent with a low bridge. These and other findings led the researchers to determine that while the reconstructed woman was also Caucasoid, she had "equatorial (African)" characteristics.

The article notes her "high and prominent upper lip, and 'plump' lower lip." The researchers added: "The chin is prominent, high and narrow, protruding outward."

Ben David highlights the similarities between the two reconstructions and reconstructions of later Jewish populations in Europe. He also compared the early Jews he reconstructed to the average characteristics of modern Jewish populations in Israel, and reached the conclusion that there is a great similarity between the populations.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
Re: Haaretz claims Israelites were negros.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »
This article contradicts itself.
He classifies the skulls as caucasoid but is saying they have negro traits?

Someone please debunk this claim. I'm sick of it.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:30 PM »
   While this is a ridiculous claim, my question is if it even matters. There is merit to the Jewish Neshama, so regardless of what race they were, those who follow Hashem will have a place in the next world.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:06:26 PM »
This isn't as much science as it is Jews wanting to be the minority that people worship. They can't stand being hated, so they decide they are really something else.

I took an anthropology class this winter and even the BASIC elements of anthropology say that just because you have a fossil, it could be a sampling error. A sampling error is when the fossil of a person/animal/plant/etc. does not reflect the average qualities of the species.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:09:43 PM »
Yimach shmo,Yimach shmo,Yimach shmoYimach shmoYimach shmo a thousand times over to these kikes. If we leave it to Haaretz, their will g-d forbid be another holocaust.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »
   While this is a ridiculous claim, my question is if it even matters. There is merit to the Jewish Neshama, so regardless of what race they were, those who follow Hashem will have a place in the next world.

It matters because Hareetz did it specifically to invalidate Jewish claims to the land or disconnect any Jewish connection to the Israelites.

Our public schools taught us that the Hebrews and Moses weren't white, but a darker color.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »
The Romans called the Sudanese and Ethiopians "THE PEOPLE WITH THE BURNT FACES." They never made this distinction for Jews. 

+   An early Greek painting of Jesus...( A JEW)...shows he's obviously Caucasian

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 09:28:15 PM »
The Romans called the Sudanese and Ethiopians "THE PEOPLE WITH THE BURNT FACES." They never made this distinction for Jews. 

+   An early Greek painting of Jesus...( A JEW)...shows he's obviously Caucasian

They also fail to mention that Ethiopians aren't like the other Africans, they have primarily Caucasoid skulls. I believe it's up to 40 percent of the population.

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 10:23:07 PM »
Technically, Middle Eastern people are Caucasian. So yes the Israelites were white but it's obvious people from that side of the world do not look European. Just take a look at the Yemenites, Syrians, and other Mizrachi Jews.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »
No good scientist would use the reconstruction of one skull in a relatively high density populated area to form a sweeping conclusion as to the appearance of the people in that area and time. Even assuming that the reconstruction it accurate, which I am not conviced of, there are any number of reasons why she might have wound up where she was discovered. By no means should this so called theory be taken as anything other than wild conjecture.

It might be an interesting find and shed light on trade routes or other means that might explain her presence, but for the moment it is an anomaly, not a conclusion.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 11:50:11 PM »
If Goebbels had a propaganda team as effective as Fa'agetz back in 1934, the whole world would have been converted to Nazism.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 12:01:29 AM »
If Goebbels had a propaganda team as effective as Fa'agetz back in 1934, the whole world would have been converted to Nazism.

Reading Haaretz is like reading Mein Kampf. Haaretz clearly is pushing for another holocaust.
I am urinating on a Koran.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 12:03:16 AM »
See my Ask JTF question this week. I honestly wonder if Fa'agetz is actually owned by Mahmoud Abbas using a Jewish alias.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »
I'd suggest reading the comments. They're equally as ridiculous as this article.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 12:44:47 AM »
I'd suggest reading the comments. They're equally as ridiculous as this article.
Why, did David Duke, Paul Craig Roberts, and Fag Buchanus (yimach schmam vezichram) leave some?

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 01:09:53 AM »
 :::D

No, they would at least attempt to construct pseudo-intellectual arguments and commentary.

I'd read the posts by "ballistic" and the responses by "Yacub the Scientist" if you need a good laugh.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 01:15:21 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Louie Farrakhan (ys"vz) is a guest columnist for Fa'agetz, using a pen name.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 06:48:48 AM »
This is true nonsense why would the Torah point out that Sheba was a Black if the Israelites were black it wouldn't have to point it out.Also King David is describe is   in the Tanach as ruddy this is a reddish coloring.Haaretz is similar to the Final Call Farrakans newspaper,Pravda and Der Sturmer all combined into into Bolshevik fiction.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:55 AM »
This is true nonsense why would the Torah point out that Sheba was a Black if the Israelites were black it wouldn't have to point it out.Also King David is describe is   in the Tanach as ruddy this is a reddish coloring.Haaretz is similar to the Final Call Farrakans newspaper,Pravda and Der Sturmer all combined into into Bolshevik fiction.

Yes Mord, this is exactly true.

But in addition to this: The women could be a convert, a slave, the wife of one of the foreigners the bible talks about and the law of Moses gives rules how to treat them and there are a lot of other possibilities.

So everybody can see this scientific research prooves only, that a women with negro characteristics lived in Israel in this time. Nothing less, nothing more.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 07:24:40 AM »

Yes Mord, this is exactly true.

But in addition to this: The women could be a convert, a slave, the wife of one of the foreigners the bible talks about and the law of Moses gives rules how to treat them and there are a lot of other possibilities.

So everybody can see this scientific research prooves only, that a women with negro characteristics lived in Israel in this time. Nothing less, nothing more.  :)
Yes this is exactly true .Perhaps she was a visitor,or a worker? if someone goes to England a thousand yrs from now and finds a Black or Arab skeleton does that mean England was Black and Arab?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 09:11:03 AM »

you are 1000% correct!  What difference does it make what the genetic quality of the original israelites were?  Honestly, if someone decides to use his genetics as a way to claim he is an Israelite and yet acts sinfully and against Torah, then he doesn't know what Judaism and Gd is about.  Only someone pure of heart and righteousness of any race will know how to uphold the Torah.

That haaretz article...not sure what it is trying to claim..it is irrelavent...if what was found was a fact, it's an interesting piece...but it means nothing about any race that might resemble original Israelites...What makes a Jew a proper good righteous Jew is how righteously he acts and how he upholds Gd an the Torah.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 09:13:05 AM »

It matters because Hareetz did it specifically to invalidate Jewish claims to the land or disconnect any Jewish connection to the Israelites.

Our public schools taught us that the Hebrews and Moses weren't white, but a darker color.

again anyone who attempts to use race as a way to claim their righteous behavior is a true racist and anti-Torah.  The point is moot what anyone used to be genetically..those who have kept the traditions of the Torah and those who follow it properly are the righteous inheriters of the Torah.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 09:14:31 AM »

bear in mind that proves nothing...that's not to say Jesus wasn't caucasion...the point is it still proves nothing...early african stick figures of people don't mean they were skinny either...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 09:21:51 AM »
Just for the record..aside from what I just wrote responding to everyone, I do agree 100% that the intentions of Haaretz is very much against Israel in this article to disconnect the Jewish people from Israel in addition to Black worship.  They are a very destructive newspaper to Jews and Israel and anythign righteous.

But on a philosophical argument...even if it were proven that the skulls of the majority of Israelites were negroid, we Jews who aren't negroid cannot be worried or upset...the reality is that it's not the genes of the person that defines him the Jew, but his behavior and his faith and theology...maybe other spiritual stuff too...but I think you guys get my jist.

To use one's genes as an execuse for righteousness and superiority is true racism and definately against what Judaism teaches...it is a very grave sin to act in evil ways and yet say, "oh but I'm still a Jew".

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »
You dont have to be smart to understand that its all rubbish.
Some of the Israelites were dark skinned, yes, since they worked all day in their farms under the hot sun.
but if you look on the other people that live in the middle east for centuries, like the lebanese or jordanians, they are not "negros".
anyway, I dont know why they are saying that, probably because they are piece of racist with self hatred people.
In 1948 Haaretz newspaper described the jews from north africa, and other middle east countries (Mizrachi) as inferior people, refugees, useless people, leeches,
exactly as Adolf Hitler, may burn in hell, described the jews in Europe.