Poll

Should Zoos be banned ?

Yes.
No, as long as the animals of the two sexes are separated.
No, except for babboons and chimps.
I hate to see caged animals, but I hate even more to see what happens when some animals are alowed to road free (i.e. Washington DC).
No.

Author Topic: Should Zoos be banned ?  (Read 6123 times)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Should Zoos be banned ?
« on: February 15, 2009, 10:01:16 AM »
I felt a bit nostalgic, sorry if I got carried away too far.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Should Zoos be banned ?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:20 AM »
No, because Zoos are infrastructure of value even without animals.

Look, Zelhar. In a few years our children will ask us, Papa, what is a quranimal?

So we should deport not all of them. Some we can put in the cages and ape-houses there for educational purposes.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »
I think A zoo is too kind a place for a quranimal- free food and shelter, just like they like. Lets put them to work for their food, place them in the circus.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »
The only Zoo we should have, is Guantanimo Bay.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 12:54:09 PM »
Is this a serious poll or a Joke? Why should zoos be banned? Zoos are a place of learning about the variety of life on earth. I have many fond memories of childhood of visiting zoos. Why on earth should they be banned?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 01:15:55 PM »
Is this a serious poll or a Joke? Why should zoos be banned? Zoos are a place of learning about the variety of life on earth. I have many fond memories of childhood of visiting zoos. Why on earth should they be banned?

Yes, it is a joke. Zelhar is making fun of our forum's former Retard-in-Chief, who left shortly before you came here.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »

It is humorously (or, yaakov-menashe-ben-rachamimmishly) phrased but for me it is a real issue. I voted NO, because Zoos are vital to preserve endangered animals like the giant panda and the siberian tiger. On the other hand, I think often caged animals live a miserable, and short, life. So basically Zoos are OK if they keep too high animal friendly standards.

Do you remember the Kabul zoo with the mutilated lion ? Do remember the Gaza zoo that the Arabs booby-trapped in the recent conflict ?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 03:08:46 PM »

It is humorously (or, yaakov-menashe-ben-rachamimmishly) phrased but for me it is a real issue. I voted NO, because Zoos are vital to preserve endangered animals like the giant panda and the siberian tiger. On the other hand, I think often caged animals live a miserable, and short, life. So basically Zoos are OK if they keep too high animal friendly standards.

Do you remember the Kabul zoo with the mutilated lion ? Do remember the Gaza zoo that the Arabs booby-trapped in the recent conflict ?

Thank you... I have heard of this person before and now I remember.

Yes, the animals need to be cared for. I think most zoos in America have standards which are high enough to care for the animals.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 03:10:52 PM »
I'm not really a fan of zoos, they smell bad and the animals don't look very healthy. I like aquariums though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 03:13:59 PM »
I'm not really a fan of zoos, they smell bad and the animals don't look very healthy. I like aquariums though.

I dont like the smell of fish either...

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 03:16:22 PM »
What did they do to the poor lion in the Kabul zoo?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »

You can't really smell fish behind a tank in water.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:39:51 PM »
What did they do to the poor lion in the Kabul zoo?
He miraculously had endured the Afghan civil wars. The Taliban starved it and mutilated it (I think he lost an eye and was shot or hit by grenade shrapnel). It died shortly after the Americans took over.  Here is an article about it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1783910.stm

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 03:54:11 PM »
Oh that poor lion!

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 04:06:18 PM »
Oh that poor lion!
At least he gets a place in Lion's heaven  8):

Among his reported exploits are killing and eating a Taleban fighter who climbed into his enclosure to prove his bravery.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 05:08:20 PM »

Fresh fish aren't supposed to smell.

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 05:23:26 PM »
I just feel so much pity for the animals in Gaza's Zoo.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 05:26:41 PM »
As long as zoos have a lot of room, I think they are ok.  I don't like when they take animals from tropical regions and keep them in places like Alaska.  Zoos also are a great place for children to learn about animals and they have good programs to help repopulate the wild with endagnered animals. 

there are a lot of humas zoos out there but we don't want to get into that. 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 07:04:51 PM »
I know a woman who boycotts zoos and the circus.  So it is a serious question in a way.
I don't know.  Free food and shelter.  Doesn't sound bad to me.  
Isn't that what the animals were hoping for in our recent Presidential election?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:16:03 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »
Gaza is a zoo, and it is one "zoo" that should be banned.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 09:00:28 PM »
I know a woman who boycotts zoos and the circus.  So it is a serious question in a way.
Isn't that what the animals were hoping in our recent Presidential election?

Old-time zoos were really abusive to animals. Even today sometimes animals end up in research labs or other not-so-nice places, and the way animals are acquired for zoos also should be monitored closely.  Modern day zoos, especially major ones, are generally good to animals and are important for their endangered species breeding programs. These days the animal enclosures are more naturalistic and the animals have more enrichment and stimulation.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »
Gaza is a zoo, and it is one "zoo" that should be banned.

It's one of the zoos in which all the animals in it, need to have shechita performed on them lol.

On a more serious note, I think zoos serve a purpose in letting people get up close to the animals. I just hope all the zoos actually take care of the animals and keep them healthy.

Now I have a question of my own. Chaim, when you go to your local Glatt Kosher Supermarket, do they have cholov Yisrael filet mignon that can be eaten with chicken soup?
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 09:15:27 PM »

Yes, it is a joke. Zelhar is making fun of our forum's former Retard-in-Chief, who left shortly before you came here.

Yes Muman, you have no idea what a complete mess our former retard in chief turned this forum into. He literally turned the forum into a whorehouse in the sense that every female who signed up was immediately made a chief moderator simply because of her chromosomes.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 09:42:57 PM »
Isn't that what the animals were hoping in our recent Presidential election?

Old-time zoos were really abusive to animals. Even today sometimes animals end up in research labs or other not-so-nice places, and the way animals are acquired for zoos also should be monitored closely.  Modern day zoos, especially major ones, are generally good to animals and are important for their endangered species breeding programs. These days the animal enclosures are more naturalistic and the animals have more enrichment and stimulation.
Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus has a whole section on their website dedicated to the care and treatment of their animals.
http://www.ringling.com/TextContent.aspx?id=11810&parentID=320&assetFolderID=342
 >:( They named an elephant after the liar in chief.  It was born through their Center for Elephant Conservancy.
http://www.elephantcenter.com/
I guess it is time to boycott the circus.  :yuck:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:08:57 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 11:15:47 PM »
Most of New York is a zoo, including the suburbs.