Poll

What are your thoughts on abortion (murder)?

Under NO circumstances should abortion be preformed
It should be performed with No questions asked
Only if a women's life is in danger
Only if a women is raped
Only if a women is raped or her life is threatened

Author Topic: Abortion (Poll)?  (Read 4996 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Abortion (Poll)?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 11:35:13 PM »
I only have one question to anyone who is against it in cases of rape. How many of you have daughters? Things are not always as clear cut as they may seem to be with this issue.

Killing your granddaughter or grandson is not ok. I don't think a woman should have to raise that child if she doesn't want to, but she shouldn't kill it.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 05:10:32 AM »
I only have one question to anyone who is against it in cases of rape. How many of you have daughters? Things are not always as clear cut as they may seem to be with this issue.

Killing your granddaughter or grandson is not ok. I don't think a woman should have to raise that child if she doesn't want to, but she shouldn't kill it.
Terminating a pregnancy at a very early stage is not killing, it's preventing.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 06:30:53 AM »
Allow it if the Women would be in danger or her dignity is under danger. Or if the child to be born is known to be born with severe abnormalities. Some would say people would fake these things to get abortions done, but i would say there are also people who get acquitted by criminal charges falsely and then get sentences. Then we should also demand banning of prisons,but we cant!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:21:14 AM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 07:52:48 AM »

Terminating a pregnancy at a very early stage is not killing, it's preventing.

I would disagree with that because at the 8 cell stage, the baby is already growing.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »
Allow it if the Women would be in danger or her dignity is under danger. Or if the child to be born is known to be born with severe abnormalities. Some would save people would fake these things to get abortions done, but i would say there are also people who get acquitted by criminal charges falsely and then get sentences. Then we should also demand banning for prisons,but we cant!

Why should a deformed baby be killed? They should be able to be born too. Disabled people are still people.

In the USA there is a channel called The Learning Channel, and it has a lot of specials about people with various deformities or genetic problems. These shows portray a picture of a life with struggles, but also are usually uplifting in the sense that these people learn to live with their limitations and learn to find joy in life in spite of them.

There's no reason why babies have to be formed a certain way, they can be born deformed and still live fulfilling lives.

I like this quote from the following video:

"Some people are the same, some people are different, some people are short, some people are tall"

This is a video of a girl named Shiloh Peppin, if her mother would have followed your philosophy, she'd be dead:

I think she's a beautiful little girl and even though her legs are deformed I think she deserved to live.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 08:03:37 AM »
But as long as it is just a blob of cells with no consciousness, no nerves at all, it can;t possibly be harmed.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 08:08:45 AM »
Allow it if the Women would be in danger or her dignity is under danger. Or if the child to be born is known to be born with severe abnormalities. Some would save people would fake these things to get abortions done, but i would say there are also people who get acquitted by criminal charges falsely and then get sentences. Then we should also demand banning for prisons,but we cant!

Why should a deformed baby be killed? They should be able to be born too. Disabled people are still people.

In the USA there is a channel called The Learning Channel, and it has a lot of specials about people with various deformities or genetic problems. These shows portray a picture of a life with struggles, but also are usually uplifting in the sense that these people learn to live with their limitations and learn to find joy in life in spite of them.

There's no reason why babies have to be formed a certain way, they can be born deformed and still live fulfilling lives.

"Some people are the same, some people are different, some people are short, some people are tall"

This is a video of a girl named Shiloh Peppin, if her mother would have followed your philosophy, she'd be dead:

I think she's a beautiful little girl and even though her legs are deformed I think she deserved to live.

I can see your point if it is just a deformity with no serious health issues. On the other hand there are genetic diseases that assure a short miserable life. I think in such cases it is just cruel to continue with pregnancy.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 08:17:13 AM »
But as long as it is just a blob of cells with no consciousness, no nerves at all, it can;t possibly be harmed.

It's already a living organism, a unique entity separate from the mother. That "blob of cells" begins to look like a baby pretty quickly.
6 weeks
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-6-weeks

8 weeks
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-8-weeks

A lot of women don't know they're pregnant until the baby's already been in there for 8 weeks.

Here's 10 weeks

http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-10-weeks

There's 12 weeks:
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-12-weeks

Rememember 12 weeks is at the end of the first trimester, when most abortions happen.

This is what a baby looks like at the 6 month mark, the end of the second trimester.
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-24-weeks

This is just at the edge of when a baby could live outside the womb with medical intervention.

My point is it doesn't take very long at all for a baby to start looking like a baby and it was a baby from the very beginning.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 08:25:43 AM »

well i would only support it if its severe, like baby born with multiple fractures all over his/her body,i forgot the name of the disease. Other like babies born with 2 heads, 3 limbs..etc
According to Hindu Karmic religious laws babies should not be killed no matter what. But still i support in severe cases, cause i have seen how people live with those disabilities. :'(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 08:26:14 AM »
I can see your point if it is just a deformity with no serious health issues. On the other hand there are genetic diseases that assure a short miserable life. I think in such cases it is just cruel to continue with pregnancy.

There are conditions that doctors say are incompatible with life but babies defy the odds. Shiloh's case was one of those. Most babies with sirenomelia die in the womb or shortly after birth. Yet there are at least three people in the world today including her who have survived. The other two got their legs separated and are going to live normal lives. It's God's will when a child dies, it's not up to the parents to decide that.

There's also another baby named Samuel who is featured here:
http://deenyssimplejoys.blogspot.com/2008/07/update-on-miracle-baby-samuel-born-with.html

He was born with a type of severe dwarfism called Thanatophoric dysplasia. Some of you may have heard about this condition from the Sun Hudson case in Houston that was going on around the same time as Terri Schiavo. Doctors say this is "Always fatal", "incompatible with life", and even "inappropriate to treat".

Yet this little boy is three years old already. He's a survivor!

The right thing to do is to have faith in God and leave it in His hands.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 08:29:03 AM »
well i would only support it if its severe, like baby born with multiple fractures all over his/her body,i forgot the name of the disease. Other like babies born with 2 heads, 3 limbs..etc
According to Hindu Karmic religious laws babies should not be killed no matter what. But still i support in severe cases, cause i have seen how people live with those disabilities. :'(

Babies born with extra limbs? That's not all that severe. What about the little babies born with extra limbs that can be treated? A lot of times it's just a parasitic twin that can be removed, or the extra limbs can be removed. That's one of the mildest things I can think of.

Also why would you have wanted the Hensel twins to die? They have to share a body but they still live a happy life with school, friends, driving, etc.

Please watch this video, it's very inspiring:

They say "The best thing about being conjoined twins is there's always someone to talk to and you're never alone".
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:35:17 AM by Rubystars »

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 09:25:17 AM »
I once posed the question and got no response so I'll try again.  In the case of rape, what about the "morning after" pill?  It's purpose is to prevent a woman from getting pregnant.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 09:34:46 AM »
I once posed the question and got no response so I'll try again.  In the case of rape, what about the "morning after" pill?  It's purpose is to prevent a woman from getting pregnant.

If taken early enough it prevents a pregnancy. If a pregnancy has already implanted, it's not supposed to cause an abortion. In the case of rape I agree with the morning after pill.

I agree with this because most conceptus don't implant anyway. Once a pregnancy has started, I think it's murder to terminate it. Also I think it's wrong to create a conceptus in a lab and then kill it.

However in this case I think it's good to prevent the pregnancy from occurring.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »

If taken early enough it prevents a pregnancy. If a pregnancy has already implanted, it's not supposed to cause an abortion. In the case of rape I agree with the morning after pill.

I agree with this because most conceptus don't implant anyway. Once a pregnancy has started, I think it's murder to terminate it. Also I think it's wrong to create a conceptus in a lab and then kill it.

However in this case I think it's good to prevent the pregnancy from occurring.

rubystars, you have the right idea here.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 09:48:21 AM »

It's already a living organism, a unique entity separate from the mother. That "blob of cells" begins to look like a baby pretty quickly.
6 weeks
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-6-weeks

8 weeks
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-8-weeks

A lot of women don't know they're pregnant until the baby's already been in there for 8 weeks.

Here's 10 weeks

http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-10-weeks

There's 12 weeks:
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-12-weeks

Rememember 12 weeks is at the end of the first trimester, when most abortions happen.

This is what a baby looks like at the 6 month mark, the end of the second trimester.
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-24-weeks

This is just at the edge of when a baby could live outside the womb with medical intervention.

My point is it doesn't take very long at all for a baby to start looking like a baby and it was a baby from the very beginning.

Then I would set the limit at 8 weeks after that abortion should only be carried if there is a danger to the mother or if the baby is severely sick or disabled.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »
  I chose Only if a women is raped or her life is threatened!
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 12:08:47 PM »
I support women reproductive rights and think that abortion in the 1 trimester is not a murder. After the fetus is formed, .i.e. after the 1st trimester, the abortion should be done only for rape victims or due to a health condition.

Most women who want abortion, should have them.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »
rubystars, you have the right idea here.

Thanks Dr. Dan. I already told my family if (God forbid) anything like that happens to me and I'm not in my right mind to think about what to do and they're able to help me, to please get me some Plan B. I explained that it's not an abortion, it prevents a pregnancy from starting.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 12:46:39 PM »
I voted for this "Only if a women is raped or her life is threatened"
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »
on a different subject, people here who are not Jewish or simply unaware, is that sperm is something very important and that it shouldn't ever be wasted... SO if you can imagine the concern many religious Jews have of "spilling thy seed"...what if it were a fetus.  Perhaps a religious here can explain this concept in a little more detail than i'm capable of doing.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 02:58:23 PM »
I'd like to see the four individuals who voted for option B fess up and identify themselves.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »
I'd like to see the four individuals who voted for option B fess up and identify themselves.
Absolutely!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 04:38:06 AM »
In the elementary school we had to see a film called "Néme Sikoly, in English: Silent cry" it was against the abortion, but it was banned, because over 18 and too "horroristic".  >:(
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 06:29:47 AM »
I voted for life danger and case of rape,
but i think that the poll is not comprehensive enough,
I think each case of a request for abortion should be judged separately,
Generally, I am against abortion, but sometimes stupid teens get pregnant, with no financial abilities, with no family support, nothing,
and she will have to raise the child god knows how, think about the baby that will born, why should he be miserable because of the stupidity
of his parents?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 06:45:06 AM »
I voted for life danger and case of rape,
but i think that the poll is not comprehensive enough,
I think each case of a request for abortion should be judged separately,
Generally, I am against abortion, but sometimes stupid teens get pregnant, with no financial abilities, with no family support, nothing,
and she will have to raise the child G-d knows how, think about the baby that will born, why should he be miserable because of the stupidity
of his parents?

It's better to be alive and poor than to be burned to death with saline solution or sucked out with a vacuum and torn to shreds.

Also these mothers could put their babies up for adoption if they can't afford them, and try to use some birth control methods next time.

A simple layer of latex could prevent many abortions if people would just use it.