Author Topic: Do any of you have any experience with divorce?  (Read 4414 times)

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: Do any of you have any experience with divorce?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 08:50:02 PM »
A marriage is a spiritual commitment to a loved one that you intend to spend the rest of your life with. It is a promise religiously under God, and divorces should be done for a VERY VERY good reason, and people should at Least wait a few years before they are ready to promise God that they will commit themselves to that person forever.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »
A marriage is a spiritual commitment to a loved one that you intend to spend the rest of your life with. It is a promise religiously under G-d, and divorces should be done for a VERY VERY good reason, and people should at Least wait a few years before they are ready to promise G-d that they will commit themselves to that person forever.

I agree.  I was way too hasty when I got married.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 09:01:42 PM »
I am separated from my wife and divorce will soon be coming.  We were just two people going in opposites directions.  Her family, mainly her sister and mother, where always a distraction and a nuisance.  But my wife chose them over me and she will have to live with that.  It is tough for me, but I am moving on, day by day.

I want to wish you peace and strenght at this most difficult time in your life. Do try to take one day at a time and praying really does help. You pray, you walk, you call your family or friends if you need to talk. Sometimes crying helps too, even if you are a man, it's a human emotion that was created by G-d for a reason.  Shalom and you are in my prayers.

Dox

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 09:04:24 PM »
I am separated from my wife and divorce will soon be coming.  We were just two people going in opposites directions.  Her family, mainly her sister and mother, where always a distraction and a nuisance.  But my wife chose them over me and she will have to live with that.  It is tough for me, but I am moving on, day by day.

I want to wish you peace and strenght at this most difficult time in your life. Do try to take one day at a time and praying really does help. You pray, you walk, you call your family or friends if you need to talk. Sometimes crying helps too, even if you are a man, it's a human emotion that was created by G-d for a reason.  Shalom and you are in my prayers.

Dox

Thank you very, very much.  That is very nice of you.  May God bless you and yours.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
A marriage is a spiritual commitment to a loved one that you intend to spend the rest of your life with. It is a promise religiously under G-d, and divorces should be done for a VERY VERY good reason, and people should at Least wait a few years before they are ready to promise G-d that they will commit themselves to that person forever.

I agree.  I was way too hasty when I got married.
Have you tried counseling?
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
I pleaded for counseling, but my wife is a vindictive person.  Nothing is ever her fault in her world.  It's hes loss.  She'll never find another man who can cook a beef wellington like I do! ;D ;D

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
I do not having any experience with divorce. But I am not against it, if there is no love in the marriage and if you or your partner want to part ways I say do it.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 09:46:17 PM »
I don't know if there are any statistics on this, but I would be willing to bet a fair sum of money that couples who engaged in sexual relations before they got married are more likely to get divorced.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 09:50:57 PM »
I don't know if there are any statistics on this, but I would be willing to bet a fair sum of money that couples who engaged in sexual relations before they got married are more likely to get divorced.

Highly possible.  Marriage is more than just a romp under the sheets.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »

I doubt it because most people have had sex with the person they married before they were married.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 09:55:27 PM »
I would venture to say that money is a big factor in the divorce rate.  Financial struggles can really tear a marriage apart.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 10:00:50 PM »

We, did not...

Next time (if there ever is a next time) I will do a background check, get references, etc. No joke. :o
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 02:47:34 AM »
Marriage is like life. If it's going well, keep going well. If it's painful, why suffer?

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:19 AM »

So sorry to hear this Ranter, but you are better off without her! You will find your soulmate when you least expect it! That goes for you too Hanna!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »

So sorry to hear this Ranter, but you are better off without her! You will find your soulmate when you least expect it! That goes for you too Hanna!

I hope you are right, I've been alone now for 14 years...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:22 PM »
  • Have you been divorced?  - Yes
  • Was it the right decision?  - Yes
  • What was hard about it?  - Some of the most miserable time of my life. The hardest thing is a month after divorce, when the novelty of being alone and the sense of freedom wears out, when you really don't want to date anyone and start to miss your ex. Particularly if another person already started dating. So you date in spite, not because you are attracted or want to but to forget and to prove self worth and to confirm your own independence. And this process is full of disappointments.
  • Did the couple remain friends or at least amiable? - No way! I don't believe in this. If you remain "friends" with your ex, there was no love in the relationship in the first place - you can't be around someone who you are longing for as a "friend"

I would recommend you parent to separate for month to a year. This is much better than a divorce. They'll know if they want to rebuild their relationship and whether it worth to be salvaged.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009, 03:58:59 PM »

Never married, never divorced. Spent my life like this. ^-^ <-me
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 05:34:46 PM »

I think I have noticed that too.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »

Never married, never divorced. Spent my life like this. ^-^ <-me

Nothing wrong with that! ;D