Author Topic: U.S. House to explore financial crisis prosecutions  (Read 434 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
U.S. House to explore financial crisis prosecutions
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. House Financial Services Committee will hold a hearing next week to ask key justice officials and regulators what they need to prosecute wrongdoers in the financial crisis, the chairman of the committee said on Thursday.

Barney Frank, a Massachusetts Democrat, said he had invited officials from the U.S. Justice Department, the FBI, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and all the bank regulators to the hearing.

"I'm not morphing into Joe McCarthy, but I am going to have them tell me what they need for criminal prosecutions and the civil recovery of funds," Frank told a conference of the National Community Reinvestment Coalition.

McCarthy was a Republican senator in the 1950s who notoriously accused people of being Communists during the Cold War.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090312/pl_nm/us_financial_congress

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
Re: U.S. House to explore financial crisis prosecutions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »
 :::D  Should Barney Frank be one of those that is prosecuted?????!!!!!!!!!  >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
:::D  Should Barney Frank be one of those that is prosecuted?????!!!!!!!!!  >:(

Dawn, this is off topic but have you heard they arrested Bernie Madoff...they need to seize his family's assets also.
I am sure many of his family members know where the money is.
I feel sorry for all the victims.

Shalom - Elizabeth

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »
Yes Elizabeth, I saw that today! I agree, his WHOLE family should be arrested, he took the heat for what ALL of them did. Give me a break, it was his WIFE that got most of the people to give him their money, she's the schmoozer! His 2 sons worked WITH him, don't tell me they didn't KNOW what he was doing! I say let Madoff go to prison, but they NEED to take everything away from the wife and sons and give that money back to the people he swindled. Let THEM see what it feels like for a change. I honestly don't believe any punishment has happened by sending him to jail and letting his wife and sons keep whatever they have. And that is ALOT!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane