Author Topic: obama's brownshirts  (Read 674 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
obama's brownshirts
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2009/03/house-passes-mandatory-national-service-bill.html

House Passes Mandatory National Service Bill

The brownshirt corp. Do people know this is even happening?

House Passes Mandatory National Service Bill Infowars (hat tip Joan)

The House passed a bill yesterday which includes disturbing language indicating young people will be forced to undertake mandatory national service programs as fears about President Barack Obama’s promised “civilian national security force” intensify.

The Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act, known as the GIVE Act, was passed yesterday by a 321-105 margin and now goes to the Senate.

Under section 6104 of the bill, entitled “Duties,” in subsection B6, the legislation states that a commission will be set up to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and reasonable mandatory service requirement for all able young people could be developed, and how such a requirement could be implemented in a manner that would strengthen the social fabric of the Nation and overcome civic challenges by bringing together people from diverse economic, ethnic, and educational backgrounds.”

Section 120 of the bill also discusses the “Youth Engagement Zone Program” and states that “service learning” will be “a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.”

“The legislation, slated to cost $6 billion over five years, would create 175,000 “new service opportunities” under AmeriCorps, bringing the number of participants in the national volunteer program to 250,000. It would also create additional “corps” to expand the reach of volunteerism into new sectors, including a Clean Energy Corps, Education Corps, Healthy Futures Corps and Veterans Service Corps, and it expands the National Civilian Community Corps to focus on additional areas like disaster relief and energy conservation,” reports Fox News.

The Senate is also considering a similar piece of legislation known as the “Serve America Act,” which also includes language about “Youth Engagement Zones”.
aka Someone Else

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: obama's brownshirts
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
Yes, I know about this and I know that Obama proposed this during his campaign.

As I understand right now, there is a commission being set up to investigate the viability of something like this proposition.

Now we will have to wait and see where this goes.
If there is backlash against this and if it can actually be enforced.

This has the potential to be a very big task to manage and it has the potential to blow up in the face of the Obama Administration.

People don't like being told what to do and this poses a definite problem to this policy.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »

Sounds like the Obama version of the Hitler Youth.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »
New Yorker,

It's funny that you made the comment about the Hitler Youth.
I agree and I made a similar reply on a thread in the Obama forum.

Both Obama and Hitler are egomaniacs.
Who both believe they are not to be defied, have dissent with, or criticized.

Now, with this idiotic policy Obama would like to put into action, he seems to think it will help him to control public opinion of him.

I have a feeling it will have the opposite affect, like a boomerang, and cause far more dissent against the Obama Administration that he could have ever imagined.

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »
I read this book last year "The Plan" written by Rahm Emanuel and Bruce Reed, published in 2006
In the book they outline;
The Plan on page 54
"A new social contract, or What you can do for your country and what your country can do for you."
And # 1 on the list is "Universal Citizen Service"
between ages 18 and 25 young men and women will serve 3 months in basic civil defense training and community service.

http://www.amazon.com/Plan-Big-Ideas-America/dp/1586484125

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
This is what happens when you have unmittigated power.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »
Service learning in public schools just sounds like another way to dumb down education by pushing out Math, Science, History and other subjects.  We need to focus more on students going to college not this service learning crap.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt