Author Topic: Sorry to trouble you guys with my personal problems...  (Read 5115 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Sorry to trouble you guys with my personal problems...
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »
Downtown sucks. Most other parts of LA proper are ghettos. West Los Angeles and South Orange County are nice but snooty and super-expensive.

If you can deal with the leftism and obscene taxation and lack of jobs though SoCal is actually a great place to live.

BTW, about that vaunted SoCal weather: if you don't like 3+ weeks of 105F or higher temperatures each year, stay within 10 miles of the coast. If you must have full sun and hate periodic fog and haze, stay 20 miles or more inland.
AHA! So the JTF's most awesome goy lives in L.A.!

Born in East LA... He was born in East LA... :)

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 12:30:05 PM »
I like my area near Napa in Northern California. We have seasons here with winters which dont usually go below the 50s and Summers in the mid 80s-low 90s. We get a nice breeze because I am near the Bay and Napa river and I have a great view of the bays. It is not very expensive at this time and I just love sitting outside and enjoying the wild-life of birds and squirells and ocassionally deer which roam around here.

Im not one for nightlife but infamous San Francisco is only 20-30 minutes from here and I can see any kind of show I like there. I used to be a Deadhead and all the great shows of the Dead are around here.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
Since California is going bankrupt, you all might have to move up to Oregon.... :::D

Let me know.... :laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »
What is it that you are looking for???  

safety?  Conservatism? night-life?  diversity? high population of whites?  Do you need to be near a particular area?

Let me know... and I'll try and suggest something.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 10:37:06 PM »
Hello ItalianZionist,

A good friend who resides in California asked me to post this message here:

Italian Zionist, it's a bad idea to move to California. The only advantage to this place is the constant sunshine and even that gets old after a while.

Here are the cons:

1) CARS. Cars are extremely expensive. Aside from the cost of the car, you have insurance, registration, smog checks, oil changes and other upkeep, etc. Driving is practically the most irritating things that a person can do in their life. No one walks in Ca. Instead, we drive from one chair to the next. If you want to spend hours every day in a car surrounded by schmucks, California is the place for you.

2) PEOPLE. The people here are among the most shallow I have ever encountered and the rest are Mexican peasants.

3) CULTURAL WASTELAND: No personality, no greatness. The food is mediocre at best. If you love being bored, California is the place for you.

I hope this helps.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 10:38:30 PM »
Born in East LA... He was born in East LA... :)
No, actually...

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 10:38:53 PM »
Hello ItalianZionist,

Italian Zionist, it's a bad idea to move to California. The only advantage to this place is the constant sunshine and even that gets old after a while.

Here are the cons:

1) CARS. Cars are extremely expensive. Aside from the cost of the car, you have insurance, registration, smog checks, oil changes and other upkeep, etc. Driving is practically the most irritating things that a person can do in their life. No one walks in Ca. Instead, we drive from one chair to the next. If you want to spend hours every day in a car surrounded by schmucks, California is the place for you.

2) PEOPLE. The people here are among the most shallow I have ever encountered and the rest are Mexican peasants.

3) CULTURAL WASTELAND: No personality, no greatness. The food is mediocre at best. If you love being bored, California is the place for you.

I hope this helps.
:laugh: :laugh:
aka Someone Else

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »
Hello ItalianZionist,

Here are the cons:

I hope this helps.
Believe it or not I have to disagree. I will stand up for my state, leftism and all. The cost of living is a very real concern and I have never said otherwise, but in terms of people and culture, they are problems all over. Yes, there are shallow mutants here, but there is such a diversity of different kinds of people here that eventually you will find and make real and interesting friends. We have a Mexican problem but NY has a schvartze problem.  As for culture, there are  a million things to do here. Yes, some of them are not appropriate for moral people, but there is always something happening here and a lot of it is worthwhile. If you can find a good job here ItalianZionist, I say come here this instant.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 10:48:52 PM »
Perhaps drive from NYC to California if you have the time.  That way, you can see some of the other cities in the US and perhaps you will really like one of them.  I would highly recommend seeing Denver, Boise and Salt Lake City.  Also, the areas around Phoenix are very safe and super affordable right now.  New Mexico is also very nice.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 10:52:30 PM »
Hello ItalianZionist,

Here are the cons:

I hope this helps.
Believe it or not I have to disagree. I will stand up for my state, leftism and all. The cost of living is a very real concern and I have never said otherwise, but in terms of people and culture, they are problems all over. Yes, there are shallow mutants here, but there is such a diversity of different kinds of people here that eventually you will find and make real and interesting friends. We have a Mexican problem but NY has a schvartze problem.  As for culture, there are  a million things to do here. Yes, some of them are not appropriate for moral people, but there is always something happening here and a lot of it is worthwhile. If you can find a good job here ItalianZionist, I say come here this instant.

CF, you just want more JTFers in your area! :)
aka Someone Else

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »
Oregon is better than California, and people are not quite as shallow here, it's much more beautiful too, move to Oregon...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 10:55:53 PM »
Perhaps drive from NYC to California if you have the time.  That way, you can see some of the other cities in the US and perhaps you will really like one of them.  I would highly recommend seeing Denver, Boise and Salt Lake City.  Also, the areas around Phoenix are very safe and super affordable right now.  New Mexico is also very nice.

New Mexico is not nice.  ???
aka Someone Else

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »
New Mexico has beautiful scenery and nature but besides Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces, there is pretty much nothing there. Also, the state is dominated by militant Aztlanist reconquista Hispanic politicians. Still, I wouldn't mind living in Las Cruces for the scenery alone.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »

New Mexico is not nice.  ???

Santa Fe is one of the nicest places I've ever been too and it's not dangerous at all.  There are some sketchy areas of Albuquerque but the state has some really great small and medium sized towns.  The White Sands is one of the most amazing things you'll ever see.  I wouldn't live in Roswell or anything, maybe Mdub is from there.   :::D

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 11:08:11 PM »
New Mexico has beautiful scenery and nature but besides Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces, there is pretty much nothing there. Also, the state is dominated by militant Aztlanist reconquista Hispanic politicians. Still, I wouldn't mind living in Las Cruces for the scenery alone.

It's beautiful but it depends what you are looking for.  I would avoid places like Truth or Consequences if you get bored easily.  ;D

Richardson is from there but every state has its issues nowadays.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 11:12:12 PM »
If I had to live in NM it would be Las Cruces before Albuquerque or Santa Fe. Less to do, but I am much more of a desert guy than a mountain one. Gets hella hot there, needless to say, though.

NM politics suck but they are no worse than California's (actually not as bad).

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 11:14:51 PM »
Old joke:  What is the difference between Southern California and yogurt.

A.  Yogurt has an active culture.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2009, 11:16:25 PM »
Oh come on, you're just jealous that we are the melting pot of the world.  :P

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
Oregon is better than California, and people are not quite as shallow here, it's much more beautiful too, move to Oregon...

Well... californians are a bit stuck-up and elite.  Your not gonna have a lot of people waving hello to you... but id assume its similar in NY.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2009, 04:49:57 AM »
I would live in Santa Monica if I had the $. 

Whatever anyone does (and I'm sure Cosmokramer and David would agree) do not move to Western Washington state.  The craziest Californians moved here to retire and the state has now almost $10 billion in debt with a population 10% the size of CA.  You won't even notice after a while when you see people dressed as French Voyageurs or 19th century Cosacks walking around.  They are the worst anti-semites in the country (besides the black areas of the country ...and even then...).  The conservatives are often like Pat Buchanan who went to Gonzaga in Eastern WA and there are weekly "Save Gaza" protests.  It's cloudy all the time and the schwartzes are so emboldened that I have seen them hit on women when they are with their boyfriends or husbands.  I am praying for a Cascadia earthquake that sets off Mt Rainier and a giant tsunami when David, Ckrmr and me leave the state.   

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »
Stay in New York. California is overrun with fags and abortion clinics. You'll never get good Chinese food, Pizza, or bagels in California. Stay in New YAWK.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
Sounds like it would be a big transition. As a life long New York person I find when I leave home I find the places charming but I soon find there is no place like home. If you will still need to work you will find yourself dealing with people that see things in much different ways since being a New Yorker is a lifestyle not just a place to live. Relocating is best done when a person is very young or going into retirement. Unless you can make the move and make your situation as comfortable as you find yourself living here you will soon resent it. Best of luck making your decision.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »
My family wanted me to move to fla i said no way too hot
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 10:27:39 AM »
Salt Lake city is getting lots of illegals i wouldn't be suprised is Boise is next on the illegal invasion.You want a nice town with good weather in Idaho try Couer Da lane               http://coeurdalenerestaurantguide.com/
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »
My family wanted me to move to fla i said no way too hot
Florida was a good retirement destination years ago. I don't think it has the same appeal today.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years