Author Topic: JTF movie recommendations  (Read 2939 times)

Offline landline

• Junior JTFer
Re: JTF movie recommendations
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »
"I will do neither for I have killed my captain."

That is without looking up the exact verbatim quote.
Mr. McCain's experience in national security exceeds Mr. Obama's by orders of magnitude.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »
I am waiting for Star Trek on May 8th

Live Long and Prosper

and for bonus points who can tell me Spocks response to T pau after he thought that he had killed Jim Kirk?

T'Pau: Live long and prosper, Spock.
Spock:  I shall do neither.  I have killed my captain...and my friend.

Next time make it a little more challenging.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »
Lucky number Slevin was one of my favorite movies

looking forward to all the new marvel adaptations coming out in the next year or 2
Wolverine (this summer)

Magneto (yup he gets his own film)

Thor
Captain America

The Avengers (encompassing thor, iron man, Capt., Hulk, etc)

Also looking forward to The expendables , it should be good fun...pretty insane cast too heh.
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 04:40:40 PM »
Oops. forgot one of my heros in Adam Sandler. Gibson sucks as a human being, but I like his acting.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »

Not bad at all.

"I shall do nether, for I have killed my Captian...and my Friend.

By the way, Who else here is going to really really miss BSG?
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »
I don't watch many movies but I liked

Collateral

Heat

Munich

Defiance

Lord Of War

Blood Diamond

Labyrinth

Red Dawn

And that's all I can think of at the moment.

I prefer Anime/Japanese animation over any hollywood garbage personally.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 03:20:04 AM »
Gran Torino was a great movie. It's like a "Dirty Harry" film. But they were to politically correct to make it about black or hispanic gangs, so they opted for a Chinese or Thai gang instead..(as if this country has a real big problem with asians).

I would also recommend "Slum Dog Milluionaire."  This film will truly open your eyes about the horror of muslim gangs in India.

They were Hmong gangs, which are a people from northern Vietnam and Laos.  The West Coast does have a major problem with Asian gangs.  The Hmongs, Laos, Vietnamese and Cambodians have huge gangs all over the western United States.   

Hindu Zionist said not to see Slumdog because it's pro Indian Muslim and anti-Hindu.

but it shows muslim gangs killing hindus

I have to admit I'm talking in ignorance.  I haven't seen the movie but I heard from Hindu Zionist not to see it so I stayed away.  It doesn't to make a difference now that it has made $150+ million. 

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 03:22:37 AM »
I don't watch many movies but I liked

Collateral

Heat

Munich

Defiance

Lord Of War

Blood Diamond

Labyrinth

Red Dawn

And that's all I can think of at the moment.

I prefer Anime/Japanese animation over any hollywood garbage personally.

Wow, I have to say you're 100% on with those movies.  All awesome. :clap:

I didn't like the overall messege of Spielberg's Munich though.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 05:48:15 AM »

Not bad at all.

"I shall do nether, for I have killed my Captian...and my Friend.

By the way, Who else here is going to really really miss BSG?

I will miss it, however they way they chose to end it is ridiculous and left a sour aftertaste for me. I think I am going to make myself forget the last 20 minutes or so.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »
Gran Torino was a great movie. It's like a "Dirty Harry" film. But they were to politically correct to make it about black or hispanic gangs, so they opted for a Chinese or Thai gang instead..(as if this country has a real big problem with asians).

I would also recommend "Slum Dog Milluionaire."  This film will truly open your eyes about the horror of muslim gangs in India.
It is a great film
They were Hmong gangs, which are a people from northern Vietnam and Laos.  The West Coast does have a major problem with Asian gangs.  The Hmongs, Laos, Vietnamese and Cambodians have huge gangs all over the western United States.   

Hindu Zionist said not to see Slumdog because it's pro Indian Muslim and anti-Hindu.

but it shows muslim gangs killing hindus

I have to admit I'm talking in ignorance.  I haven't seen the movie but I heard from Hindu Zionist not to see it so I stayed away.  It doesn't to make a difference now that it has made $150+ million. 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 11:03:29 PM »
Amadeus

Godfather I and II

Oh Brother Where Art Thou (even though I don't like George Clooney)

Gone with the Wind

Shop on Main Street (very powerful foreign movie)

Dances With Wolves

Searching for Bobby Fischer

Rocky (just the first one)

Midnight Run

Star Wars

There are so many that I like, I can't think of them now.  Amadeus is my favorite.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:11:11 PM by Americanhero »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 01:40:21 AM »
Alright folks, here's the list of movies I like that I'm willing to share with you (straight from my facebook profile minus a few):

Field of Dreams, *61, all the Saw movies, Blair Witch Project, Capote, The Day After Tommorow, My Girl 1 and 2, Edward Scissorhands, Shawshank Redemption, Paulie, Taken, Six Degrees of Separation, Back to the Future Triology, Forrest Gump, We Were Soldiers, BASEketball, Fatal Attraction, Castaway, Man on the Moon, True Lies, Eraser, Ace Ventura 1, Cable Guy, Big Daddy, Beverley Hills Ninja, Zohan, For Love of the Game, Multiplicity, Crash, What Women Want, Air Force One, 21 grams, Chuck and Larry, Sandlot, Pearl Harbor, Harold and Kumar 1 and 2, The Rock, Green Mile, Frequent Flyer, Liar Liar, Mrs. Doubtfire, Selena, Bad Santa, Jay and Silent Bob, Titanic, Simon Birch, Traffic, Enemy of the State, the Majestic,Stepmom, Patch Adams, The Station Agent, Life or Something Like it, The Hand that Rocked the Cradle, Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers, Secret of My Success, Animal House, Con Air, Saving Private Ryan ,Powder, Changing Lanes, Man in the Iron Mask, Anger Management, Terminator 2, Home Alone 1 and 2, Airplane, The Kite Runner..... likely a few more....

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »
Alright folks, here's the list of movies I like that I'm willing to share with you (straight from my facebook profile minus a few):

Field of Dreams, *61, all the Saw movies, Blair Witch Project, Capote, The Day After Tommorow, My Girl 1 and 2, Edward Scissorhands, Shawshank Redemption, Paulie, Taken, Six Degrees of Separation, Back to the Future Triology, Forrest Gump, We Were Soldiers, BASEketball, Fatal Attraction, Castaway, Man on the Moon, True Lies, Eraser, Ace Ventura 1, Cable Guy, Big Daddy, Beverley Hills Ninja, Zohan, For Love of the Game, Multiplicity, Crash, What Women Want, Air Force One, 21 grams, Chuck and Larry, Sandlot, Pearl Harbor, Harold and Kumar 1 and 2, The Rock, Green Mile, Frequent Flyer, Liar Liar, Mrs. Doubtfire, Selena, Bad Santa, Jay and Silent Bob, Titanic, Simon Birch, Traffic, Enemy of the State, the Majestic,Stepmom, Patch Adams, The Station Agent, Life or Something Like it, The Hand that Rocked the Cradle, Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers, Secret of My Success, Animal House, Con Air, Saving Private Ryan ,Powder, Changing Lanes, Man in the Iron Mask, Anger Management, Terminator 2, Home Alone 1 and 2, Airplane, The Kite Runner..... likely a few more....
Oh no, I left out Blood Diamonds