Author Topic: Legalize Marijuana...Drinking with Bob  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Legalize Marijuana...Drinking with Bob
« on: March 28, 2009, 07:48:30 PM »

What's next? I'll tell you what's next...

Legalizing marijuana. Barack Obama had some kind of town hall meeting on the computer the other day. The number one question people asked Barack Obama is, Will you legalize marijuana?

Why do people want it legalized? So they can tax it. Regulate it. Decriminalize it, so we can get some of these people who are sitting in jail right now being payed for by taxpayer money out of there because they really didn't commit a crime.

What was Barack Obamas answer? No! Absolutely not! Are you freaking kidding me?! Barack Obama has probably smoked more weed in his lifetime than Tommy Chong. The guy did freaking cocaine for god's sake! Bill Clinton smoked weed. George Bush did cocaine! and these people don't want to legalize drugs? You gotta be kidding me!

Let me tell you something... ALL drugs in this country should be legal! If you commit a crime while on drugs, you should be prosecuted for the crime. But NOT for doing drugs! If some guy can hangout all night smoking weed, watching t.v. wake up in the morning a go to work. Why should that be considered a crime? If some guy can snort cocaine. Go out to a freaking club. Dance, sing, have a great tim then get up in the morning make himself breakfast and wash his car. Why should that be considered a crime? It shouldn't!! if you commit murder while on cocaine, you should be arrested for murder. But NOT for doing cocaine. if you beat somebody up while smoking weed, you should be arrested for assault. But NOT for smoking weed! I mean this is common sense. This is one plus one equals two.

I know what you're saying, then BOB, why don't they just legalize it? I'll tell you why... Because the government is making more money off of drugs being illegal than if drugs were legal. the government right now taxes you billions of dollars in order to fight a "drug war". If drugs were legal there would be no "drug war" they'd have no justification for taxing you billions of dollars a year. Do you freaking get it?!!

All you people think the government is on your side. They're not your friend! They're your freaking enemy! let me give you a great example, seat belt laws. If you're driving without your seatbelt in this country and you get pulled over, you get fined. You have to pay that money to the government. Nobody cares though because they say the government is just looking out for me. They're are looking out for my safety. is the government really looking out for your safety? If the government really cared about your safety, wouldn't they make driving test in this country a little more difficult? In order to get a drivers license in this country right now, what do you have to do? Make a right turn. A left turn. make a u-turn. Parallel park. Does that really qualify you to drive a car? A three thousand pound killing machine around the streets of America? No! Of course it doesn't! But the government doesn't care about your safety! They care about making money. they care about gas taxes, registration, insurance. Thats what it's all about! When are you people going to wake up?! the government is not your friend. They're not here to help you. They're here to hurt you. the government keeps telling you, DRUGS are killing society! Drugs are killing society! DRUGS aren't killing society, POLITICIANS are killing society!!! Would you freaking wake up! Would you wake up!!

Should marijuana be legal? Of course it should be legal .It should have been legal yesterday. It should have been legal for the last 100 years, Will it be legal? Of course not! because of they legalize marijuana it's going to help you and hurt them and that's the bottom line.

Mark my words. You know what the greatest thing about it is... If they legalize marijuana tomorrow, I guarantee you, the first people. The first people to go out and buy it are going to be the same people who say it should be illegal today, I guaran-freaking-tee you!!!

what's next! what's next!! what's next!!!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Legalize Marijuana...Drinking with Bob
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:01:15 AM »
I don't know.  I'll have to think about that one.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 12:20:01 AM »
I don't think it should be illegal. Because if you get high then go driving you can kill someone

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 12:49:29 AM »
I don't think it should be illegal. Because if you get high then go driving you can kill someone

When's the last time you heard of someone overdose on marijuana or kill someone while high on it?

I think we have more deaths from alcohol which happens to be legal.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:44:35 AM »
I'm opposed to any form of drug control or prosecution. It is outrageous that people should interfere with our private habits. It's simply not true that drivers on drugs cause accidents, or that people on drugs commit crimes, or that anybody has the right to interfere with our rightful companion to Rap music.

All seized drugs should be put back on the market laced with strychnine.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:48:06 AM »
I'm opposed to any form of drug control or prosecution.

I believe simply that all seized drugs should be put back on the market laced with strychnine.

:clap: That would be one way to get rid of the problem.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:53:40 AM »

I believe simply that all seized drugs should be put back on the market laced with strychnine.

For a while there was a similar disincentive applied to smuggling hand grenades into S. Africa. The police would remove the fuses and return the shipments back to their owners. Instant explosions.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 07:14:10 AM »

For a while there was a similar disincentive applied to smuggling hand grenades into S. Africa. The police would remove the fuses and return the shipments back to their owners. Instant explosions.
Interesting idea.  :::D
It would never work here in America.
In America we are overly sensitive to the needs and 'rights' of our criminal population.
If only some of the JTFers were in power worldwide.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »
I'm opposed to any form of drug control or prosecution. It is outrageous that people should interfere with our private habits. It's simply not true that drivers on drugs cause accidents, or that people on drugs commit crimes, or that anybody has the right to interfere with our rightful companion to Rap music.

All seized drugs should be put back on the market laced with strychnine.
I listened to an audio book that had that as the plot. The book was very good. They infected the insecticide spraying equipment that was used on the drug plantation. Instead of killing a few hundred old retrobates they ended up killing tens of thousands of drug users. It sounds like a good idea but the author left me thinking about how many one time users in the form of young kids would be caught up in something like that. In the story it did make drug use come to a complete stop because the surviving drug users realized that the supply was bad.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 08:28:58 AM »
I don't think marijuana should be illegal but I do think hard drugs should be illegal.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 09:10:56 AM »
In Oregon, they have the medical marijuana card, which I could get, but, the stigma is too great and also, the Feds still want to override it anyway.

I heard it helps a LOT with PAIN issues (which I have alot of those)...

But yeah, I've never heard of an OD on pot....and only accidents involving alcohol....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »
I disagree with Bob on this one.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 10:31:32 AM »
While it is true that all the car accidents are caused by alcohol, over time marijuana stupifies you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »
I think pot is virtually harmless. I smoked it for almost 20 years, held a good job, and stayed out of trouble. I know many intellectuals who still use it. I think it is not very harmful but I also am not for legalizing it any more.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
I think pot is virtually harmless. I smoked it for almost 20 years, held a good job, and stayed out of trouble. I know many intellectuals who still use it. I think it is not very harmful but I also am not for legalizing it any more.
You are somewhat correct. Marijuana in it of itself is not that dangerous. The thing that is dangerous with Marijuana is what other drugs it will lead to. Eventually people will get bored with the Marijuana high and go for other highs such as Crack, Cocaine, Heroin, Shrooms and what not.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
You are somewhat correct. Marijuana in it of itself is not that dangerous. The thing that is dangerous with Marijuana is what other drugs it will lead to. Eventually people will get bored with the Marijuana high and go for other highs such as Crack, Cocaine, Heroin, Shrooms and what not.

And that is the whole point, well said. Also, the Marijuana in circulation now is about 20 times stronger than that which our politicians smoked 20-30 years ago. Actually, in the UK it is now being criminalized again, after a misguided period of virtual freedom.

By the way, do abolitionalists have anything to say about cocaine-addicted newborn babies? What element of choice do they have in the matter? The mind boggles that we can accept such filth in our society.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 02:12:30 PM »
I am not an advocate for or against medical marijuana.

I presently reside in California.
The problem that is present here is that per state law medical marijuana is legal and then on the other hand the federal law makes it illegal.
Hence raids by federal groups taking down distributors.

That being said, something needs to be done to rectify this situation.

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 02:18:20 PM »
I say make it like Cigarettes.

-Legal only if your 18+ (maybe even make it 21+)
-Tax the crap out of it to help generate revenue for the gov.

I see no negative that could come from it.  People already smoke it anyways, and are going to if they want to.  Why not let the government cash in on it?  Plus legalizing it would help greatly reduce drug-related crime (including along the Mexican border...)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 02:37:26 PM by Ze'ev »
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »
I was thinking about this some more...

It would be like alcohol...

There would be a percentage of people that would be responsible with it...

Then, there would be a group of people that would misuse it, etc....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 02:41:07 PM »
To enter into the spirit of things, of course it helps to be high while driving. Princess Diana's death had nothing to do with the driver being stuffed to the eyeballs on a drugs/alcohol mixture.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 05:22:14 PM »
While it is true that all the car accidents are caused by alcohol, over time marijuana stupifies you.
I agree Vito.

Long term marijuana use definitely stupidfies you...oops I meant stupifies.
'Potheads' are not the best people to ask about it though.  8;)
They'll deny it every time.

Seriously, who knows what combination of alcohol and marijuana use plays a part in car accidents.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

When's the last time you heard of someone overdose on marijuana or kill someone while high on it?

I think we have more deaths from alcohol which happens to be legal.

As a former drug treatment professional I personally know of several thousand deaths that are related to overdoses of Pot. It is a sad fact that the Treatment programs in America are so badly run many needless deaths occur each month.

So I went to work with Alzheimer's participants...better success rate.

Below is a link to a program that does work. It is a faith based program that rejects the conventional thinking of Drug addiction as a disease process.

http://www.soberforever.net/index.cfm
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »
I agree Vito.

Long term marijuana use definitely stupidfies you...oops I meant stupifies.
'Potheads' are not the best people to ask about it though.  8;)
They'll deny it every time.

Seriously, who knows what combination of alcohol and marijuana use plays a part in car accidents.

Oh...I think it would be HIGH.....(no pun intended)....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 02:44:03 AM »

STUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID.
Just take a look, you can see them everywhere.

Look how this fine uh, uh, uh, uh, specimen turned out:
(actual photograph of obongo)

aka Someone Else