Author Topic: Haiti Earthquake  (Read 9601 times)

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
Re: Haiti Earthquake
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2010, 01:37:49 PM »
The people of Haiti have to drag themselves out of the hole that they and their leaders have been digging for decades. International bailouts won't solve their long-term problems. Perhaps this is a way Gd is saying, "See here, you will wind up like this wretched country if you don't change your ways."

Bailouts have the opposite effect; always.  If you give money to countries, companies, people, etc, they focus their energy on their next bailout/welfare/assistance check, NOT on becoming self sufficient.

Its like the old saying.  Give a man a fish, and you feed them for a day.  Teach them to fish, and they feed themselves for a lifetime.
Let's get real about Aid. Everytime a black farmer in Mozambique grows a field of maize or soya for sale he finds a big US aid shipment pulling into the docks which puts him out of business. Also, the potential maize production capacity of Angola is said to be similar to that of Europe. What would happen to the maize price for US farmers if Angola, Zimbabwe and Mozambique suddenly became one huge, peaceful belt of maize production? Strange that they can't get their act together, I wonder why?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
Sicking that Ireland is going to help out, and were supposed to be in a recession. How will this help Ireland? More wogs flooding into Ireland like we have with The Jungle Vermin of Nigeria.

would it be equally sickening if another country helped ireland if it were hit by a huge natural disaster?
Oh come on, do you really believe for 1 second that any banana country would help any white nation in trouble?

I never realized that Haiti harvests bananas.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2010, 02:00:21 PM »
The people of Haiti have to drag themselves out of the hole that they and their leaders have been digging for decades. International bailouts won't solve their long-term problems. Perhaps this is a way Gd is saying, "See here, you will wind up like this wretched country if you don't change your ways."

Bailouts have the opposite effect; always.  If you give money to countries, companies, people, etc, they focus their energy on their next bailout/welfare/assistance check, NOT on becoming self sufficient.

Its like the old saying.  Give a man a fish, and you feed them for a day.  Teach them to fish, and they feed themselves for a lifetime.
Let's get real about Aid. Everytime a black farmer in Mozambique grows a field of maize or soya for sale he finds a big US aid shipment pulling into the docks which puts him out of business. Also, the potential maize production capacity of Angola is said to be similar to that of Europe. What would happen to the maize price for US farmers if Angola, Zimbabwe and Mozambique suddenly became one huge, peaceful belt of maize production? Strange that they can't get their act together, I wonder why?
I don't subscribe to that view. Maybe the US would set tariffs on maize imports but that all they would ever do. I think this is just an excuse used by failed chaotic nations to explain their misfortunes.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »
This earthquake was 7.0 on the richter scale.  That is very powerful.  Look for more of them in various places.  God uses earthquakes to communicate with the spiritually deaf.   There are 33 instances where God used an earthquake to get man's attention.

The earth quaked at Mt. Sinai when Moses received the 10 commandments. Ex 19;18.   In Jerusalem at the Crucifixion to split the veil of the temple from top to the bottom.  Matt. 27:51.  He also used an earthquake at the Resurrection to roll the stone from the borrowed tomb, not to let Jesus out but to let us in.  Matt 28:2.   The constant trembling of the earth is God's voice speaking through nature.

I look for them to increase in intensity and magnitude too.

Those poor people in Haiti are dying like flies, it must be a horrible situation to be in, with no food or water for days and being trapped or injured under tons of concrete.   Even though the US is in a financial depression, people are finding it in their hearts to give to the Red Cross, or through their church.   Don't go on line and key in your credit card number, there are too many scams out there.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »
This earthquake was 7.0 on the richter scale.  That is very powerful.  Look for more of them in various places.  G-d uses earthquakes to communicate with the spiritually deaf.   There are 33 instances where G-d used an earthquake to get man's attention.

The earth quaked at Mt. Sinai when Moses received the 10 commandments. Ex 19;18.   In Jerusalem at the Crucifixion to split the veil of the temple from top to the bottom.  Matt. 27:51.  He also used an earthquake at the Resurrection to roll the stone from the borrowed tomb, not to let Jesus out but to let us in.  Matt 28:2.   The constant trembling of the earth is G-d's voice speaking through nature.

Those poor people in Haiti are dying like flies, it must be a horrible situation to be in, with no food or water for days and being trapped or injured under tons of concrete.   Even though the US is in a financial depression, people are finding it in their hearts to give to the Red Cross, or through their church.   Don't go on line and key in your credit card number, there are too many scams out there.

You realize we don't believe the NT... But that aside I think I understand what you are trying to say...

BTW, you realize that the Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 CE...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »
This earthquake was 7.0 on the richter scale.  That is very powerful.  Look for more of them in various places.  G-d uses earthquakes to communicate with the spiritually deaf.   There are 33 instances where G-d used an earthquake to get man's attention.

The earth quaked at Mt. Sinai when Moses received the 10 commandments. Ex 19;18.   In Jerusalem at the Crucifixion to split the veil of the temple from top to the bottom.  Matt. 27:51.  He also used an earthquake at the Resurrection to roll the stone from the borrowed tomb, not to let Jesus out but to let us in.  Matt 28:2.   The constant trembling of the earth is G-d's voice speaking through nature.

I agree that you shouldn't go online to key in your credit card number and that there are a lot of scams. But one that is legit is texting 90999 and typing in Haiti which will donate $10 to the Red Cross, not that I expect anyone on here to do so. Even though it's a legit charity, I'm sure that Chaim and 99.99% of you on here probably condemn the Red Cross. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2010, 04:56:07 PM »

I agree that you shouldn't go online to key in your credit card number and that there are a lot of scams. But one that is legit is texting 90999 and typing in Haiti which will donate $10 to the Red Cross, not that I expect anyone on here to do so. Even though it's a legit charity, I'm sure that Chaim and 99.99% of you on here probably condemn the Red Cross. Let me know if I'm wrong.
Whats better? Donating to people who hate you, are never satified no matter what you do and are the most ungrateful unproductive people or helping by donating to JTF that will help Jews in Judea and Samaria who's presence is why Israel isn't an Arab State.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2010, 04:55:10 AM »
hot topic.

Offline Saxon Marauder

• Full JTFer
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2010, 09:25:31 AM »
Gd gives and Gd takes, but not everyone has the understanding of the world that Job did. I don't know why an earthquake flattened Haiti, but doesn't it say in the Bible that the sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons- not by Gd but by man? The ancestors of the Sodomites certainly must've been wretched people, or else the judgment of Gd wouldn't have come upon them and destroyed their city. Is Haiti any different?

I realize that an earthquake is not a magical event, and that there are fault lines and tectonic shifting involved. Immaterial because nature's laws are also Gd's laws. I don't really feel sorry for the people in Haiti but I don't feel as if they got what they deserved either. I can point out the corruption of Haiti, but what of the corruption at home in the U.S. too? Gd may one day send a more severe earthquake to flatten some portion of the U.S. I think that's one moral to take out of this story: Gd uses events like this to teach the rest of us a lesson.

All that I can say is that I hope that the people in Haiti severely repent and turn to Gd in as trustworthy fashion. Practicing voodoo certainly doesn't help.
Cædmon's Hymn:

Now we must honour the Guardian of Heaven,
the might of the Architect, and His purpose,
the work of the Father of Glory-as He, the Eternal Lord, established the beginning of wonders. He, the Holy Creator, first created heaven as a roof
for the children of men. Then the Guardian of Mankind the Eternal Lord, the Lord Almighty
afterwards appointed the middle earth, the lands, for men.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
Better to help the Jews on the hilltops than Haiti...and that's what the orthodox Jewish group should be doing too...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2010, 04:21:05 AM »
Well, Chaim now commented on Haiti in his Ask JTF program. Basically, he does not agree with "sentimentalists." He does not agree that we should go out of our way to help Haiti. I am not surprised by his response. I felt something similar.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
This earthquake was 7.0 on the richter scale. 
I can recall 3 earthquakes of this size in recent years. This one is estimated to have killed up to 100,000. The Turkish one (which I was in the middle of) killed 30,000. A similar one slightly later in the Far East killed 300.

Don't these figures tell us something??

Offline VladTheImpaler

• Full JTFer
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »
They tell us that G_d likes even numbers?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2010, 01:15:07 PM »
Well, Chaim now commented on Haiti in his Ask JTF program. Basically, he does not agree with "sentimentalists." He does not agree that we should go out of our way to help Haiti. I am not surprised by his response. I felt something similar.

I cannot download his programme. But why not helping Haiti? Keep the money to help Jews in Yesha? Good idea but Jews should go direct to the point. I find no sense to help Jews build sttlements in Yesha just to be demolished by leftist Govts. Israelis should go direct to the point, a demostration of at least 25% of Israeli Jews demanding the inmediate destruction of al-Aqsa and liberation of Har Habayt would be more effective than settlements. Islam is itself an act of war against Israel since it claims Ishael is the chosen People. But no Israeli group has the courage to demand it destruction. When Israel or Jewish groups take care of that I may consider donating to them, As for now, I prefer to support local Jewish congregations to buy kosher food for poor communities and provide Jewish education to keep Judaism alive, and also help Gentiles in case of disasters.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »
I cannot listen to the whole programme because my internet conexion is quite slow. But why saying that Haitians are cruel and deserve no help? Why quoting the Talmud??? The Talmud warns against being merciful to cruel people, the Nazis, Ysh"W, for example. Not to feel pity for  them when they are going to be executed. But what has it got to do with Haiti?
It is true that the UN has a very bad reputation of supporting Arab terror and promoting peace with them, but what's the problem with helping the desperate victims through UN? The victims are not gulty if the UN leaders are corrupt.
Haitian Blacks antisemitic? Perhaps.... but what about white Christian and Neo-Pagan supremacists who hate Jews and say they deserve Hell ( according to many Christian Churches) and extermination (according to white pagan or non-religious supremacists)? Why hating Blacks and letting off Whites?
It's obvious that countries are not judged by the same standard!!!

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2010, 06:22:56 PM »
They tell us that G_d likes even numbers?
With respect, Impaler, they tell us that Haitians are very thick, Turks are fairly thick, and people from the Far East are intelligent.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
Look. Hashem makes everything happen for a reason. I know that's hard to swallow, but emunah is a tough concept.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2010, 07:38:11 PM »
It did not a while for some black moron to accuse Israel of harvesting organs in Haiti. I guess this is well deserved!

Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2010, 04:52:14 AM »
That ignorant retard in the video is one of the worst things i've seen on youtube and that is saying alot.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »
I am surprised at the way most users deal with the issue of Haiti, and the Black-hatred here. For those who quoted Torah and the "curse on Hamites", whether on this thread or anyother: Torah says that the curse was on K'naan, one of Ham's son. Some say it only applied to K'naan himself but not on his offsring. But, supposing K'naan descendants are also included, it would apply to Canaanites who no longer exist. Paradoxically, Cannanites were not Black. Furthermore, a curse is supposed to act from Heaven and does not allow human beings to force it to be fullfilled. There is a question about why Noah cursed K'naan while the sin had been commited by Ham. Some say that K'naan might have played an special role in that sin ( seeing Noah naked). Anyway, the Torah is clear that only K'naan received the curse (not any other son of Ham).
Original Haitians were Amerindian Tainos who were completely massacred by Spanish colonialists either directly or by new diseases to which they had no immunity. The current Haitian population is mostly of African origin. They are descendants of slaves brought by the French. Their ancestors were chased like animals in Africa, taken in ships as things. Most of them died in theirs trips, while the surviors were subjected to hard labour and even torture just for the color of their skin. At the same time of the Amerindian genocide and the slave trafficking in America, Inquisition was burning Jews to death just for being religiosly (or even ethnically) Jeiwsh.
How can a Jew or someone who claims to support Israel adhere to that kind of racial hate which was also used against the Jewish People?
How can someone be so insensitive and cruel, just after a major natural disaster, and, to make things worse, desecrate Judaism by quoting the Torah?
Hasn't anyone here realised that this hatred speech damages the Jewish cause for freedom and security?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »
BTW, Black slave trafficking and anti-Black hatred was and still is held by fundamentalist Arabs/Muslims. Arabs did more than a half of the slave trading in the past. Now Fundamentalist Muslims, the same who threaten Israel, still do clandestine slave trading of Somalies. Many Africans are sold cheaper than animals ( about USD 15 each) by Muslims, forced to covert to Islam but anyway decimated and tortured to death. Racial/Ethnic hatred is something of the cruel insensitive evil misguided gentiles. It's not the way of Jews who are called Rachamim Bene Rachamin. It's not the way of the Righteous Gentiles either.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »
Furthermore, a curse is supposed to act from Heaven and does not allow human beings to force it to be fullfilled. There is a question about why Noah cursed K'naan while the sin had been commited by Ham.

That's the main point.  Even those people who cling to a certain explanation of the curse, and think it's a metaphysical reality even today, even if we grant them that point (whether true or not - in their mind it is), that doesn't change how WE are supposed to behave.   So they are not accomplishing anything by citing such things except to dabble in metaphysical speculation.