Author Topic: McCain: I'd like to see Palin compete for 2012 WH bid  (Read 955 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
McCain: I'd like to see Palin compete for 2012 WH bid
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:32:32 PM »
WASHINGTON (CNN) – Former Republican presidential candidate John McCain said recently that votes he garnered last year were “mostly” votes for Sarah Palin. But he still is not ready to unequivocally back his former running mate for a 2012 White House bid should she choose to pursue one.

“I’d like to see her compete,” McCain said Sunday when asked by NBC’s David Gregory whether he would like to see the Alaska governor become president.

“I think we’ve got some very good candidates,” McCain said noting Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty – all Republicans. “There’s a lot of good, fresh talent out there.”

McCain hedged a direct question on whether he would support Palin.

“I’d have to see who the candidates are and what the situation is at the time,” he said. “But have no doubt of my respect, admiration and love for Sarah and her family.”

The Arizona senator also offered his thoughts on how his party might find its way out of the political wilderness and recover from losses in the last two election cycles.

We have to become “the party of ideas, party of inclusiveness,” McCain said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press. “Outreach to other ethnic aspects of the American electorate; in my part of the country especially, Hispanic voters. We have to recruit and elect Hispanics to office. We have to welcome new ideas. … [A] lot of people complain about divisions within the Republican Party. That's good right now. Let's let a thousand flowers bloom. Let's have different clashes of ideas, sharing the same principles and goals.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/29/mccain-id-like-to-see-palin-compete-for-2012-wh-bid/#more-45848

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: McCain: I'd like to see Palin compete for 2012 WH bid
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »
When hes talking about hispanics,  he's probably talking about illegals. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:05:57 AM »
If Palin should run in 2012, McCain should give her his full support.

Reason being, Palin gave 110% when she ran with him.
She defended and supported McCain with all of her being.
And, as he stated himself, most of the votes he garnered he owes to her.

I think that Palin is a force to be reckoned with and I think that there are some Republicans who feel threatened by her.

The Republican Party needs to get over themselves, their egos, and get it together to become an united group that will pose opposition to the Democrats and bring core values back to America.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »
If Palin should run in 2012, McCain should give her his full support.

Reason being, Palin gave 110% when she ran with him.
She defended and supported McCain with all of her being.
And, as he stated himself, most of the votes he garnered he owes to her.

I think that Palin is a force to be reckoned with and I think that there are some Republicans who feel threatened by her.

The Republican Party needs to get over themselves, their egos, and get it together to become an united group that will pose opposition to the Democrats and bring core values back to America.

I agree.  McCain should support Palin since she supported his evil behind in the 08 election. 

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:19:39 AM »
This may be a moot point in 2012 since McCain may not even be alive.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 01:24:46 AM »
This may be a moot point in 2012 since McCain may not even be alive.

Yeah but his darling daughter will be.
Speaking of people who should shut their mouth or hurry up and defect to the left.
aka Someone Else

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »

McCain's daughter is your typical ditzy airhead, she'd help the conservative movement immensely if she'd simply become a liberal and or drop out of politics completely and go shopping at the mall instead.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 11:43:19 AM »
I don't trust McCain.  I can see him endorsing Obama in 2012 over whoever the GOP candidate will be.  I seriously hope that he is voted out of the senate in next years mid-terms.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
Who wants or needs the support of John McCain?  It was a travesty that we were stuck with him on the top of the 2008 ticket.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »

McCain is done, stick a fork in him, we won't be seeing him in 2012.

I like Tancredo, Jindal, Palin, Huckabee, Romney, etc. We have a lot to choose from.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »
I don't trust McCain.  I can see him endorsing Obama in 2012 over whoever the GOP candidate will be.  I seriously hope that he is voted out of the senate in next years mid-terms.

I guess I could see that.  I think during the primaries the bolshoviks crossed over and voted for him in the primaries because they did not want to see an America loving conservative candidate. 

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
This is a perfect example of why McCain is NOT a good candidate or leader.....

We have to become “the party of ideas, party of inclusiveness,” McCain said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press. “Outreach to other ethnic aspects of the American electorate; in my part of the country especially, Hispanic voters. We have to recruit and elect Hispanics to office. We have to welcome new ideas. … [A] lot of people complain about divisions within the Republican Party. That's good right now. Let's let a thousand flowers bloom. Let's have different clashes of ideas, sharing the same principles and goals.”

We (conservatives) don't need to "become" anything, the conservative principals are already defined.  Party of inclusiveness, ethnic outreach, pander to groups based on ethnicity.... This is all BS. If he were to stand strong for the ideals of conservatism, our constitution, and the true function of government like Palin - an unapologetic stand for what is right then maybe he could be a leader. Instead he wants to try to appease this group and that group and never really stand firm on much of anything. Do what is right and people respect you, they may not be your friends but they will respect you. I think a president is not there to make friends but to lead, popular or unpopular do what is right and in the best interest of the country.

“Outreach to other ethnic aspects of the American electorate;...."

This by definition separates Americans into groups, something that is counter to true conservatism. How can we stand united if everyone considers themselves a separate group? I think true conservatism includes ALL Americans and ALL should be treated equally. That goes for equal responsibility as well as equal rights. I think anyone who doesn't see themselves as an American first (living in the US of course) should go back to wherever they claim to be from.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:47:48 PM by drlmg »

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »
From what I know of these two, I would vote for either.... Sarah Palin or Condoleeza (sp?) Rice. Another female I greatly admire is Margaret Thatcher.