Author Topic: Soros Caught (ILLEGALLY) Shorting Hungarian Market  (Read 658 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Soros Caught (ILLEGALLY) Shorting Hungarian Market
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:40:21 AM »
http://news.id.msn.com/business/article.aspx?cp-documentid=2954977
Agence France-Presse - 3/27/2009

Record fine for Soros Fund over Hungarian transactions

3/27/2009

Hungary’s financial supervisory watchdog announced Friday it had slapped a 1.6-million-euro fine on an investment fund founded by US billionaire George Soros, for manipulating the market.

The PSzAF said it had fined Soros Fund Management LLC for transactions on the Budapest stock exchange on October 9 that led to a "significant loss in value" of Hungarian OTP bank stocks, which fell in days from 4,000 forint (13.2 euros, 17.86 dollars) to 2,500 forint.

The PSzAF "is imposing a 489-million-forint fine on Soros Fund Management LLC… for violating the rules regarding the illegal manipulation of financial markets," the supervisory authority said in a statement on its Internet site.

The Soros Fund has 30 days to pay this record fine.

The PSzAF said the fund started putting OTP shares up for sale at 4:27 pm on October 9, just minutes before closing.

"The timing, the number and the effects of these transactions on the market point without any doubt to a an illegal market manipulation," it added.

OTP, Hungary’s biggest bank, was already hit hard by the financial crisis, like many other banks, but then saw its share value crumble in a few days after October 9.

In a statement Friday, Hungarian-born Soros responded he had been informed of the fine but insisted that he was not involved in the transactions.

"I no longer control the Soros Fund Management’s operations, I retired last year and now only oversee the transactions to do with my private account," he said in the statement, published by Hungarian news agency MTI.

"Soros Fund Management is cooperating with the Hungarian authorities and has also launched an internal investigation" into the illegal transactions, he noted.

He added he was "deeply sorry the Soros Fund Management had carried out such a transaction."

Sweetness & Light.com says:

October 9th, huh? Gee, the US money markets were having some trouble around that time as well.

Of course Mr. Soros would never pull any such financial shenanigans in this country.

Unless he knew that he would have nothing to fear and everything to gain with the next administration.

Of course this has been shouted from the rooftops by our media watchdogs.

Hasn’t it?

the nazi soros
aka Someone Else

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Soros Caught (ILLEGALLY) Shorting Hungarian Market
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »
He is such a hypocrite.  He is pure evil.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:16:32 AM »
Alas, I have been praying that the wicked will receive judgement they deserve!

Offline Fortis

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »
I just do not think that regulating markets will save us from this problem.

Economies must be localised, businesses and houses must be owned outright by the people who live and work in them.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 02:59:56 PM »
Let's see what happens with this.

Somehow this creep has doing this and being the center of crooked business dealings; and he always slips slides away.

I hope some action is taken against him.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »
Peanuts for that piece of exrement. >:(