Author Topic: I need advise about a friend  (Read 1501 times)

Offline landline

• Junior JTFer
I need advise about a friend
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:12:25 PM »
I have a Jewish friend who is an anti-Christian bigot. He is a leftist who voted for Obama and worships the Democratic party. I tried to explain to him that Christians currently have very tolerant, open societies where Jews have prospered. However, Muslim countries are intolerant where Jews are not even allowed citizenship (i.e. Saudi Arabia). He shouted at me that this was an overwhelmingly Christian society and it s hard to escape its symbolism.

Any advise from my fellow JTFers on how to get through to him that Christians are our allies against the Quranimals?
Mr. McCain's experience in national security exceeds Mr. Obama's by orders of magnitude.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: I need advise about a friend
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »
There are some people you just can't get through to. 

But you might want to ask him why he hasn't packed up and moved to a Muslim country if things are so great there. 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 07:38:15 PM »
Is he old or young?  The older leftist Jews will take this to the grave... but if he is young.. he can be saved.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:50:19 PM »
A smack in the mouth will do.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline landline

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
He is 39 years old. I have known him since we attended yeshiva together in Israel back in 1985. It is tough for me to discover he has the mindset of the enemy (i.e. he is a globalist/citizen of the world). That he has no loyalty at all to the United States -that has been so good to the Jewish People- is in itself repugnant since hakaras hatov (recognition of good) is a fundamental Jewish precept. He has been completely indoctrinated by NYT/NPR/Upper West Side axis of evil. :(
Mr. McCain's experience in national security exceeds Mr. Obama's by orders of magnitude.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
He obviously has a mental illness.  Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to change his crazy thinking.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:39:46 PM »
Maybe he should move to Tehran and see how wonderful and tolerant they will be of him.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:19 PM »
There are some people you just can't get through to. 

But you might want to ask him why he hasn't packed up and moved to a Muslim country if things are so great there. 

I agree with this previous reply to this thread.  There are just some people who can not be reached and/or don't want to be reached.  I also like the idea of smack in the mouth, but I do not condone violence.

If it was me I would wash my hands of a friend like this, who, apparently there is no hope for.

It's a tough call, just don't work yourself up over this, nobody is worth your aggravation or mental health.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »
I have a Jewish friend who is an anti-Christian bigot. He is a leftist who voted for Obama and worships the Democratic party. I tried to explain to him that Christians currently have very tolerant, open societies where Jews have prospered. However, Muslim countries are intolerant where Jews are not even allowed citizenship (i.e. Saudi Arabia). He shouted at me that this was an overwhelmingly Christian society and it s hard to escape its symbolism.

Any advise from my fellow JTFers on how to get through to him that Christians are our allies against the Quranimals?

Not all people who claim Christianity are friends of Jews. Some follow a philosophy called replacement theology which denies all of what the Bible says about God's relationship to the Jewish people. When I talked to Jewish people in chat rooms before I heard some of the most horrible stories about ignorant or hateful things that were said to them or done to them by so-called Christians. Some of them have actually been asked in earnest if they had horns. If your friend has had some bad experiences with those types of stupid and/or hateful people then it may be very hard to convince him that not all Christians are that way.

Personally when I heard some of these stories I was shocked, because I had never known anyone like that. When I was growing up all the Christians I knew said they liked and respected Jewish people so I just assumed that was universal. I was shocked when I heard that there were those who were actually hateful toward Jews as a people because I knew that would bring God's curses down on them. I couldn't imagine why they would be so warped.

Once I understood what had happened both historically to the Jewish people and on a personal level to many Jewish individuals due to the actions of so-called "Christians", I tried to be understanding about the fact that some Jews hated Christians.

All I could do in those types of situations was to try to show a good example, to be friendly, to express my support of Israel, etc. so that they could see by demonstration that not all Christians were like that. I guess the only way your friend is ever going to get over his hatred of Christians is for him to be in situations where he interacts in a cooperative way with Christians who really believe that the Jews are God's chosen people. Maybe that will help him to overcome some of the barriers he's set up to protect himself.

It really is a good thing when Christians and Jews can work together against our common enemies and also form a friendship with one another. Even the Muslims say that Christians and Jews are friends of one another. There were righteous Christians who hid Jews during the Holocaust or helped them escape. Maybe you can find a few stories like that for him.

Moshe92

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:05:25 PM »

Not all people who claim Christianity are friends of Jews. Some follow a philosophy called replacement theology which denies all of what the Bible says about G-d's relationship to the Jewish people. When I talked to Jewish people in chat rooms before I heard some of the most horrible stories about ignorant or hateful things that were said to them or done to them by so-called Christians. Some of them have actually been asked in earnest if they had horns. If your friend has had some bad experiences with those types of stupid and/or hateful people then it may be very hard to convince him that not all Christians are that way.

Personally when I heard some of these stories I was shocked, because I had never known anyone like that. When I was growing up all the Christians I knew said they liked and respected Jewish people so I just assumed that was universal. I was shocked when I heard that there were those who were actually hateful toward Jews as a people because I knew that would bring G-d's curses down on them. I couldn't imagine why they would be so warped.

Once I understood what had happened both historically to the Jewish people and on a personal level to many Jewish individuals due to the actions of so-called "Christians", I tried to be understanding about the fact that some Jews hated Christians.

All I could do in those types of situations was to try to show a good example, to be friendly, to express my support of Israel, etc. so that they could see by demonstration that not all Christians were like that. I guess the only way your friend is ever going to get over his hatred of Christians is for him to be in situations where he interacts in a cooperative way with Christians who really believe that the Jews are G-d's chosen people. Maybe that will help him to overcome some of the barriers he's set up to protect himself.

It really is a good thing when Christians and Jews can work together against our common enemies and also form a friendship with one another. Even the Muslims say that Christians and Jews are friends of one another. There were righteous Christians who hid Jews during the Holocaust or helped them escape. Maybe you can find a few stories like that for him.

Great post! I agree completely. :clap: :clap:

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 11:44:48 PM »
In fact there are SOME Christians who hate Jews. When I was aiming to convert to Judaism, a Catholic neighbour who isn't even believer or observant and never goes to church (just labeled Catholic because her family baptized her) told me: if you become a Jew, then you will be guilty of having murdered Jesus.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 06:13:30 AM »
Get a new friend or ridicule his opinions. He supports a jew hating prez
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 06:31:49 AM »
Well, if he went to Yeshiva, at least he is connected with his Jewish roots. What is important is that he keeps his Yidishkeit. I know many Jews who feel some aversion to Christianity or anyother religion. Perhaps he's been educated more about Inquisition and Crusades that about Arab terrorism. Don't reject him just for his ideology. Regarding the mitzvah of recognising good, let this task to his Rav.

Offline landline

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 07:08:21 AM »

Not all people who claim Christianity are friends of Jews. Some follow a philosophy called replacement theology which denies all of what the Bible says about G-d's relationship to the Jewish people. When I talked to Jewish people in chat rooms before I heard some of the most horrible stories about ignorant or hateful things that were said to them or done to them by so-called Christians. Some of them have actually been asked in earnest if they had horns. If your friend has had some bad experiences with those types of stupid and/or hateful people then it may be very hard to convince him that not all Christians are that way.

Personally when I heard some of these stories I was shocked, because I had never known anyone like that. When I was growing up all the Christians I knew said they liked and respected Jewish people so I just assumed that was universal. I was shocked when I heard that there were those who were actually hateful toward Jews as a people because I knew that would bring G-d's curses down on them. I couldn't imagine why they would be so warped.

All I could do in those types of situations was to try to show a good example, to be friendly, to express my support of Israel, etc. so that they could see by demonstration that not all Christians were like that. I guess the only way your friend is ever going to get over his hatred of Christians is for him to be in situations where he interacts in a cooperative way with Christians who really believe that the Jews are G-d's chosen people. Maybe that will help him to overcome some of the barriers he's set up to protect himself.

Ruby,

It is possible that his bigotry may be based on historical persecution of Jews in Europe, however why than would he not have an issue with Comrade Hussein's Trinity United Church in Chicago? If there was a white candidate from a predominately Caucasian congregation that espoused hatred against Jews, he would not accept said candidate. He doesn't mind that church because leftists like him hate only white Christians, but and not black, Indian, Latino, or Arab Christians. Since he lives in Manhattan, most of the anti-semitism he encounters comes from non-whites anyway (i.e. blacks and Muslims).

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 07:47:11 AM »
Is he old or young?  The older leftist Jews will take this to the grave... but if he is young.. he can be saved.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:35 AM »
In fact there are SOME Christians who hate Jews. When I was aiming to convert to Judaism, a Catholic neighbour who isn't even believer or observant and never goes to church (just labeled Catholic because her family baptized her) told me: if you become a Jew, then you will be guilty of having murdered Jesus.
I think she should just be labeled...ignorant.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 07:55:55 AM »

Great post! I agree completely. :clap: :clap:
Let me add my  :clap:.  Great post Rubystars!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.