Author Topic: Guantanamo? What should be done?  (Read 781 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Guantanamo? What should be done?
« on: April 08, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »
I just finished watching a special about Guantanamo on the National Geographic channel.

I would like to know what the members of jtf think should be done with Guantanamo and it's detainees?

My opinion prior to watching this documentary has not changed.  I do not think it should be closed and I don't think that these detainees should ever be released.

I am sure that they were Radical Islamic Extremists prior to being detained, and now, after being detained they ten times more extreme then when they were placed there.

I also don't think the detainees have any rights to the U.S. court system.

I'd like to read your opinions on this subject.
Thanks....

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: Guantanamo? What should be done?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »
It shouldn't be shut down.
It shouldn't be "club gitmo" anymore either.  No more special treatment, no "prayer" rugs, special handling of the koran with gloves by "infidel" Americans, no korans PERIOD, no more deluxe food, etc.  The terrorist freaks gain tens of pounds in Guantanamo, thanks to the luxurious treatment and delicious food they receive at US taxpayer expense.
Conditions should definitely be worse than the worst American jail, and preferably should mirror the prison conditions of the country from whence the detainee came.
Actually, I'd support moving the whole operation to Ted Kennedy's backyard.  Boston weather is not as pleasant as the Cuban climate.  The only heat they should get over the New England winter is whatever heat emanates from John Kerry's blowhard speeches.
The Boston libtards will be tickled to be in the presence of their terrorist hero-comrades.  It's a win-win situation.
aka Someone Else

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:11:16 PM »
Put me in charge of GITMO

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »

O.K., you are in charge of GITMO, what would you do with it and it's detainees?

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:18:32 PM »

Haha, it's probably better left unsaid what AH would do with the detainees... :-X
aka Someone Else

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 10:19:38 PM »

Well some of the things I would put them through is to graphic to say on the forum

Lets just say it would take 5 mins to get them to start spilling there guts

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:57 PM »
I think I am with the majority here in it should not be closed and they should NOT be released, especially into the US of A! Of course they should not have any "rights" nor our court system have anything at all to do with them! If their country will not take them back, tough! That in itself should tell people they are not worth any trouble and let them just stay where they are and make them WORK.

I like Xoce's suggestions too!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 03:44:49 AM »
I do not think it should be closed. It was a place for terrorists! Where are they now? Back in their homelands to build new bombs and plans how to attack Amerca?! Obama destroy everything Bush has done!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 03:50:06 AM »
Very simple.  Turn them over to their home countries.  Get "assurances" that they won't be tortured to satisfy the public and give them back to the Chinese, Russians, Algerians and so on.  They won't be alive for very long after they hit their heads on a bunkbed or fall off the third floor balcony.  These "detainees" have served their use for information and now its time to go home.