Author Topic: I need advice!! (sorry to bother you with my personal problems)  (Read 2493 times)

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
Re: I need advice!! (sorry to bother you with my personal problems)
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 03:53:03 PM »
Why do you spend your time for that loser? Why don't you care and spend your time with that guy who needs You? Or with your real friends?
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Advice from a married man:  move on with your life and let it go
Advice from a three times married man: move on, move on, move on.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »
My advice, or two bits:

My heart hurts for you. It sounds like you have some strong heart ties to this young man. I would be careful what young man you surrender your heart to. Your heart is precious and should be treated and respected with care. Thus, I would get away from this relationship, and save your heart for your husband. Protect your heart for the one that deserves it.

Also, I have learned that resting in knowing that G-d brings to us friends that are short term and friends that are long term. However, G-d desires for us to keep him first in our hearts. So, focus on Him. Pray and seek him so he can heal your heart.

Thank you for your kind advice, momofsixbabies.  It truly resonated with me, and I will be sure to read and reread your words of wisdom.
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
Sorry to hear this, Xoce. 

Do you have your friend's email address?  If so, perhaps you can write him a quick note asking if everything is OK. 

Or maybe you could give it a few more days and snail mail him a quick note asking if everything is OK. 

If you don't hear back from him, move on with your life.

Thank you Lisa,

I did send him a quick note.  Well, I will just chill out, it is not as if I don't have a million other things I really need to be doing, and have other people in my life.  I just really enjoy his company, LOL.
Obviously, the enjoyment was not mutual, or at the same level, LOL sad story.
 :throw:

Also, thanks ProudZionist for the kitten picture you posted.

A question for you, when you write stuff would you like people to read it?  If you would like people to read it, why do you stuff it with animated emoticons, as I think many people find it difficult to read text with lots of animated emoticons. Personally I will use an an emoticon once in about every three hundred posts or something like that. If it seems like I am trying to beat up on you I am not, you appear to have had some communications difficulties with some somebody, maybe if you could communicate more effectively with people, you might have less problems and a way to do that would be to use less emoticons.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

8) ;D :dance: :laugh: :o

:::D 8) :P :) ;D  thanks for the support, ~Hanna~ *wink*
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
I promise you it won't matter in the long run. If he cares he'll contact you. If not at least you walked out with pride and self confidence instead of self pity and sorrow. It looks a lot sexier also

Ha!  Thank you, let's see... At this point I probably don't have much pride or self confidence and instead a little too much self pity and sorrow!  Oh no!  But with all of these messages, I am overwhelmed and feel so supported.
I will do what I can to change my attitude, Dr. Dan.  For starters, I might fly down to South Florida for a change of pace, a friend who *actually* calls me and cares has invited me.  Any JTFers down there?

Thank you Dr. Dan, I really value your take on this.  It won't matter in the long run!  :)  Yes!  Can't wait!
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 04:06:49 PM »
Advice from a married man:  move on with your life and let it go
Advice from a three times married man: move on, move on, move on.

:::D ok...
wait... should I be taking advice from a three times married man?
*wink*
aka Someone Else

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
I promise you it won't matter in the long run. If he cares he'll contact you. If not at least you walked out with pride and self confidence instead of self pity and sorrow. It looks a lot sexier also

Ha!  Thank you, let's see... At this point I probably don't have much pride or self confidence and instead a little too much self pity and sorrow!  Oh no!  But with all of these messages, I am overwhelmed and feel so supported.
I will do what I can to change my attitude, Dr. Dan.  For starters, I might fly down to South Florida for a change of pace, a friend who *actually* calls me and cares has invited me.  Any JTFers down there?

Thank you Dr. Dan, I really value your take on this.  It won't matter in the long run!  :)  Yes!  Can't wait!

I thought you will fly to lake Balaton, but I thought wrong...well have fun...
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 04:22:53 PM »
Why do you spend your time for that loser? Why don't you care and spend your time with that guy who needs You? Or with your real friends?

Because he is smart, funny and we get along teasing each other and I enjoy our conversations.
It just perplexes me that we don't talk as often.  Maybe I am so puzzled by that, that I have falsely convinced myself that our conversations were more entertaining than they actually are.
Also, I respect the guy.  He's a (usually? lol) good guy!  No, he is a good guy.  Some flaws, but we all have flaws.  I'd like to have him as a friend.  I take friendship seriously, and when I deem someone worthy of my effort, which is a RARE occasion, I stay loyal.  Unless they betray my trust and then that's a whole different story, *wink*
I still wonder from time to time about the friend who without reason stopped talking to me over a year ago.  Still bothers me.  It is so much more aggravating when it is without reason.
When someone betrays my trust, for whatever reason - selfishness, etc, of course it hurts, but it is understandable.  And the friendship can be easily and clearly severed.
When there seems to be no reason, or no reason is given, and its by no means a "betrayal" or a backstabbing, but rather a slow, killer silence,... then #$%@#@%!

Ok obviously this is getting too long.

Well it's fine, I'm going to focus on other things now, at least try.

And I will be spending more time doing other things, spending time with real friends and trying to make new ones!  I shouldn't focus on this... according to most of the replies here!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:28:26 PM by Xoce »
aka Someone Else

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »

Xoce,
Hi, I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with your friend.
I've read everyone's replies to your thread and Dr. Dan's reply makes good sense.
Continue about your life, let some time pass, and who knows, he may realize what a good friend you were to him and he may contact you.
But, I don't think you should stress over this.
He might be having some problems of his own and this is the way he deals with things (by closing himself off from friends).  I, do the same thing, when I've got a lot of stress.
I know it's not right, but when things get real tough for me, many times I will shut down contact with friends and the people who care about me.

From the contact I have had with you and the different posts that I have read of yours; I can tell you are a good person with a big heart.
Take a break and enjoy your trip.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »

Xoce,
I've read everyone's replies to your thread and Dr. Dan's reply makes good sense.
Continue about your life, let some time pass, and who knows, he may realize what a good friend you were to him and he may contact you.
He might be having some problems of his own and this is the way he deals with things (by closing himself off from friends).  I, do the same thing, when I've got a lot of stress.
I know it's not right, but when things get real tough for me, many times I will shut down contact with friends and the people who care about me.

From the contact I have had with you and the different posts that I have read of yours; I can tell you are a good person with a big heart.

ag337, I appreciate your comments.  You are so kind, have always been that way to me, thank you.
When times are tough for you, don't shut down contact with friends/loved ones!  Although, come to think of it, I may do the same... (Wow, I am a double standard holding hypocrite!)
Well, I still haven't decided about the trip, I may PM you about that...

You are so sweet, thank you for the encouragement.
P.S. Did you get falafel yet?
aka Someone Else

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 09:08:14 PM »

Xoce,

ag337, I appreciate your comments.  You are so kind, have always been that way to me, thank you.
When times are tough for you, don't shut down contact with friends/loved ones!  Although, come to think of it, I may do the same... (Wow, I am a double standard holding hypocrite!)

Xoce,
I'm sorry that I haven't sent you any pms lately.  Yes, I shut down, due to some stress and problems I was having.  I apologize for that, because I really enjoyed being in contact with you.  You are right, I should reach out to friends and people who care. 
I would really like it if you sent me a pm about your trip and any other plans you are thinking about engaging in.
And, we can go over our sleep problems some more.

As far as the falafel, I haven't stepped out yet to pick some up.
I will probably go in about the next 45 minutes, there is a fantastic place that sells them that is about 5 minutes from my house, so, it is really convenient for me to get some.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Wishing you and your family health and happiness,
Take care, be well, and feel good
Your friend---ag337

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 03:47:38 AM »

Xoce,

Xoce,
I'm sorry that I haven't sent you any pms lately.  Yes, I shut down, due to some stress and problems I was having.  I apologize for that, because I really enjoyed being in contact with you.  You are right, I should reach out to friends and people who care. 
I would really like it if you sent me a pm about your trip and any other plans you are thinking about engaging in.

I will probably go in about the next 45 minutes, there is a fantastic place that sells them that is about 5 minutes from my house, so, it is really convenient for me to get some.

Your friend---ag337

:-*  I just sent you a PM, don't forget to check!  And I really hope you got the falafel.  I am feeling SO SO SO much better.

And thank you very very much to all of the JTFers who are helping me mature a little!  The world does not need another nutcase.  Your help is very, very, very much appreciated.

;D
aka Someone Else

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 03:50:08 AM »

Xoce,

Xoce,

Your friend---ag337

:-*  I just sent you a PM, don't forget to check!  And I really hope you got the falafel.  I am feeling SO SO SO much better.

And thank you very very much to all of the JTFers who are helping me mature a little!  The world does not need another nutcase.  Your help is very, very, very much appreciated.

;D

Good to hear it. I also sent something to your e-mail.  :)

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 02:37:19 AM »
Half my the phone calls i get are from people trying to sell me things i dread it.Sometimes i tell people i know to ring me 3x times and then call in order that i don't get annoying calls

You need to get on to the "do not call list".