Author Topic: White House Correspondents' Dinner---Personal Observations  (Read 499 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
O.K., I DVR'd this event to see what kind of crowd would be there, what would be the response to our inept President's remarks, and so I could fast forward it when it gets to irritating to listen to.

Some observations that I made ...

First, there were far more HollyWeird celebrities there in ratio to actual (correspondents and/or journalists).
---Bon Jovi, Singer
---Ashton Kutcher & Demi Moore, Actor
---Sting & Trudie Styler, Singer
---Ludacris, Rapper
---Kevin Bacon, Actor
---Forrest Whitaker, Actor
---John Hamn, Actor
---Eva Longoria Parker, Actress
---Brooke Shields, Actress
---Steven Spielberg. Director
---George Lucas. Director
There were many more, but I couldn't keep up and I am sure you all get a pretty good idea of what types of "celebrities" were in attendance for the obligatory Obama Worship Production.

I really do believe that there was probably a shortage of tickets for the "correspondents". because of all the 'celebrities".
Welcome to the NEW WASHINGTON D.C.!!!!!!!!

This fiasco was two hours in length, with the first hour devoted entirely to complete and utter adulation of the "celebrities' who turned out to worship their new leader, Obama.

Next, our inept President took the podium, and took his most fierce opponent on, his beloved and really most devoted supporter, as well as his most ardent foe, his beloved and hated TELEPROMPTER.
He started to speak, and as usual, he messed up his teleprompter read and informed the adoring crowd, he would be starting over.
And, of course the crowd cooed with "ohhhs and ahhhs", of sheer delight and support.
Warm and fuzzy feelings were erupting throughout the crowd.

It was even more boring than I could have ever imagined.
A couple stabs at the Republicans, Michael Steele and Newt Gingrich.
A stab at FOX News.
A couple more stabs at Bush and Cheney.
A couple underhanded stabs about what a Great Leader he is in his first 100 days.

The crowd laughed loudly and heartily to make sure that Obama knew that they truly adored him, because positive reinforcement is very important when you don't have any of your own convictions.
Obama's speech lasted less than 20 minutes.

Then comedian Wanda Sykes came to the podium and threw out jabs at anybody from the previous Administration, as well as anyone who is not an Obama worshiper.
So, as you all can guess, I fast forwarded past her "performance".

The last 20 minutes, was purely pundits praising their great leader.
Some comments about Obama, "Style Icon that Obama is he didn't need to wear a traditional tuxedo".
                                          "Obama is a young handsome man who redefines fashion".
                                          "He is so confident when he speaks, that you can tell he is a true leader".
I'm sure, you all get the point that this was an Obama Lovefest, only on acid.

So, my final observation is our Great Nation is falling apart at the seams, and nobody at this shindig cares.
Obama has been in office about 110 days and nothing miraculous or overwhelmingly positive has come from him, his Administration, and our Democratic Congress; yet, still, everybody wants to party and celebrate.

From the looks of this Obama fiesta, these people don't have a care in the World.
It's really as if they are all in a "KUMBAYA" trance and peace, love, and the Grateful Dead are coming back in reincarnate.
9/11 is the farthest thing from anybodies mind...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: White House Correspondents' Dinner---Personal Observations
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:53:37 AM »
I wouldn't mind if the Grateful Dead came back, for the most part the band was apolitical and I saw many shows in the 80s-90s. Not all Deadheads were liberal lunatics, some were libertarians and a few republicans I knew.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
Can you imagine if JTF had a supporter like George Lucas?  George Lucas made more money while being at the correspondants dinner than I will make in my lifetime. 

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »
Can you imagine if JTF had a supporter like George Lucas?  George Lucas made more money while being at the correspondants dinner than I will make in my lifetime. 

Funny thing Lucas said he would make Obama a Jedi knight when in reality he has kind of a  darth vaderesque personality.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:47:37 PM »
Thanks so much for your personal observations ag, you made me feel like I had watched it. I saw a couple of clips this morning before leaving for work. This Obamanation really sickens me, never thought I could be worse, but every day, my hatred for him grows. America truly IS falling apart at the seams and it seems like no one gives a damn at all. Thanks again ag, I really respect your opinions and insight!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane