Author Topic: Exxon begins drilling at Point Thomson in Alaska  (Read 518 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Exxon begins drilling at Point Thomson in Alaska
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »
ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Exxon Mobil says it has begun drilling at Alaska's Point Thomson oil and gas field.

Patrick McGinn, a company spokesman, says drilling operations were launched Friday.

In February, Exxon returned eight of its Point Thomson leases that were part of 13 added to the field in 2002. Exxon had promised to drill wells and begin producing oil within four years, but no drilling occurred.

The state has been fighting with the Irving, Texas-based oil giant and other lease holders over the lack of progress there.

Alaska officials have tried to cancel the leases, but in January it did allow Exxon to drill on two leases after the company said it would start production within five years.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_exxon_point_thomson

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Re: Exxon begins drilling at Point Thomson in Alaska
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
It looks like we are looking at getting gouged by oil prices pretty soon if they are starting to drill there.  This bounce in oil prices may get bad. 

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:49:43 PM »
They already warned us on the news, that this summer, gas prices would be $2.50 a gallon, With Memorial Weekend right around the corner, it's starting to climb every day here. I guess they said this so we won't be so surprised come summer, but there is NO reason for this! DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW! We have enough oil in THIS country so we would NEVER have to be dependent on the muzzies. >:(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:16:23 PM »
They already warned us on the news, that this summer, gas prices would be $2.50 a gallon, With Memorial Weekend right around the corner, it's starting to climb every day here. I guess they said this so we won't be so surprised come summer, but there is NO reason for this! DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW! We have enough oil in THIS country so we would NEVER have to be dependent on the muzzies. >:(
The oil companies are doing everything they can to get the price up. In all honesty I could live with $2.50 however I fear it will eventually go much higher because the shvartza Administration will see to it that it does. If prices remain low they will see fit to tax it relentlessly anyway. I see no reason why we should not use every source of domestic energy for now to at least keep our dollars here at home. Drill baby drill I say America should be pumping every inch of oil producing land :jump:. China has the right notion they do what they must to keep the lights on in the cheapest way possible let America and the others worry about pollution.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:18:21 PM »
The oil companies are doing everything they can to get the price up. In all honesty I could live with $2.50 however I fear it will eventually go much higher because the shvartza Administration will see to it that it does. If prices remain low they will see fit to tax it relentlessly anyway. I see no reason why we should not use every source of domestic energy for now to at least keep our dollars here at home. Drill baby drill I say America should be pumping every inch of oil producing land :jump:. China has the right notion they do what they must to keep the lights on in the cheapest way possible let America and the others worry about pollution.

You are so right cjd, the Obamanation has already said they plan to tax gas over $1.25 a gallon SOON. Yes! Drill Baby Drill!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane