Author Topic: Barack Hussein Obama picks Sonia Sotomayor for Supreme Court  (Read 2493 times)

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: Barack Hussein Obama picks Sonia Sotomayor for Supreme Court
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »
Just another example of a mediocre mind being given a position of great power.

The people of the U.S. today are not about doing the best thing for the country or the right thing but instead about firsts and "making history".  The first black president, the first black attorney general, the first "hispanic" justice...etc.  There are apparently only two qualifications needed to hold a position of high power today; you must have an ultra left wing ideology and you must NOT be a white male.

As for whether she is the first hispanic justice or not, once again, in my opinion, this is a ridiculous made up term that basically serves no real purpose but to categorize a vast number of people for the purpose of doling out government entitlements.  Hispanic is not a race and what possible cultural similarities are there between a Peruvian, a Dominican, a Honduran and a Spaniard?  And please don't say a common language of Spanish.  That argument would mean that a Haitian and a Frenchman should fall under the same category as well.

there are many cultural similarities between different hispanic groups because they were all at one time Spanish colonies.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »
Just another example of a mediocre mind being given a position of great power.

The people of the U.S. today are not about doing the best thing for the country or the right thing but instead about firsts and "making history".  The first black president, the first black attorney general, the first "hispanic" justice...etc.  There are apparently only two qualifications needed to hold a position of high power today; you must have an ultra left wing ideology and you must NOT be a white male.

As for whether she is the first hispanic justice or not, once again, in my opinion, this is a ridiculous made up term that basically serves no real purpose but to categorize a vast number of people for the purpose of doling out government entitlements.  Hispanic is not a race and what possible cultural similarities are there between a Peruvian, a Dominican, a Honduran and a Spaniard?  And please don't say a common language of Spanish.  That argument would mean that a Haitian and a Frenchman should fall under the same category as well.

there are many cultural similarities between different hispanic groups because they were all at one time Spanish colonies.

You make my point exactly.  Then why not categorize all former English colonies, French colonies, Dutch colonies, etc. into groups that can also seek government entitlements? 
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »
Obama is a filthy black liar .The first Supreme court Judge of Spanish extraction was Benjamin Cardozo a Jewish person
True on both issues!! The shvartza President is a filthy black liar and Cardozo was the first supreme court judge of Spanish extraction. His family was Portuguese Jews to be exact.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Cardozo

then he's not of Spanish extraction if his family were Portuguese Jews.
Spanish and Portuguese people are so similar and the countries are located together that they seem like one people. I would consider them to all be Hispanic. This reminds me of a conversation I had with an Indian tenant of mine. I asked him what was the difference between the people of India and Pakistan besides religion. After thinking about it for a moment or two he said none. .... The wickedpedia says all the Hispanics  can all be lumped together.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline msd

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
I always think of Hispanics as people with South American Indian blood in them. Didn't know it once referred to Spain, etc.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 09:13:40 PM »
Obama is a filthy black liar .The first Supreme court Judge of Spanish extraction was Benjamin Cardozo a Jewish person
True on both issues!! The shvartza President is a filthy black liar and Cardozo was the first supreme court judge of Spanish extraction. His family was Portuguese Jews to be exact.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Cardozo

then he's not of Spanish extraction if his family were Portuguese Jews.
Spanish and Portuguese people are so similar and the countries are located together that they seem like one people. I would consider them to all be Hispanic. This reminds me of a conversation I had with an Indian tenant of mine. I asked him what was the difference between the people of India and Pakistan besides religion. After thinking about it for a moment or two he said none. .... The wickedpedia says all the Hispanics  can all be lumped together.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic

your article says that portuguese and brazilian people are not hispanic...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 09:24:24 PM »
Until the Treaty of Tordesillas, Portugal did not exist.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »
I always think of Hispanics as people with South American Indian blood in them. Didn't know it once referred to Spain, etc.

True Spaniards are white Europeans just like any other white Europeans. Most "Hispanics" that you see however are only part Spanish and are mixed with other races such as Indians.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 10:37:37 PM »
I watched Hannity this evening and his guests ( lawyers ) said she was a Nightmare on the bench. The republicans need to fight this nominee
and have her disqualified from the nomination due to her record and bias behaviors of past. If the republicans do not fight this to the T, I will be extremely furious! Honestly, I have had enough from these mad liberals!!!

Shalom - Dox