Author Topic: Positive developments from office of Shas minister Eli Yishai  (Read 972 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Finally the so-called religious Shas party is taking some of the onus of responsibility to stand up for Jewish national interests, which no one seems willing to do, even those who claim to be religious.   Despite their mistakes in the past, this is a good sign.  Not only is he promising to help the settlements, he is openly defiant to the US.   We need people with courage to join together against our enemies.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1244034989702&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Eli Yishai vows to help expand settlements

On the eve of US President Barack Obama's speech to the Muslim world in Cairo, Interior Minister Eli Yishai announced Wednesday that he will respond to Obama's outreach to the Arabs by expanding West Bank settlements.

In a meeting with leaders of Council of Jewish Communities in Judea and Samaria at his Jerusalem office, the Shas chairman said he invited them while Obama was in the region, because the US president's speech reinforced the need to consolidate Israeli society.

"The American policies are not coincidental and everyone must know that the bad situation will only get worse in the near future," Yishai told the settler leaders.

"I promise to use my ministry, all the resources at my disposal and the ministry's impact on local authorities for the good of expanding settlements," he said.

Yishai told the settler leaders that he would not tolerate the removal of even a single outpost in Judea and Samaria. He said he did not understand why nothing was being done against some 57,000 illegal Arab buildings in the Negev, east Jerusalem and the Ramle-Lod area.

"In this difficult time, it's important to meet and strengthen one another and set policies accordingly," Yishai told The Jerusalem Post after the meeting. "We respect the United States and we want to maintain a positive relationship with the Americans, but we must stand up for our principles and we cannot accept dictates that the public cannot tolerate."

He called on the West Bank leaders to pressure other cabinet ministers to make their views in favor of supporting the settlements known to the public.

The leaders said after the meeting that they appreciated his help, but that they needed backing from other key ministers, especially Defense Minister Ehud Barak of Labor.

"We didn't ask Yishai for more funding than any other regions are getting," Gush Etzion Regional Council Chairman Shaul Goldstein said.

"We did ask him to stop the discrimination against Judea and Samaria in his ministry's funding and we received that commitment from him. But the defense minister has the real power over building in Judea and Samaria and he's not from Shas," Goldstein noted.

The settler leaders said Obama's statement about America being one of the largest Muslim countries reinforced to them how difficult their current situation was.

The head of Habayit Hayehudi, Science Minister Daniel Herschkowitz, will tour settlements south of Hebron during Obama's speech on Thursday, to strengthen Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's hand in his objections to Obama's insistence on stopping natural-growth construction in the settlements.

"That's a red line that we won't allow to be crossed," Herschkowitz said.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Re: Positive developments from office of Shas minister Eli Yishai
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:40:52 AM »
Israel should populate Judea and Samaria 1 million Jews before the end of this year.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:14:28 PM »
Finally the so-called religious Shas party is taking some of the onus of responsibility to stand up for Jewish national interests, which no one seems willing to do, even those who claim to be religious.   Despite their mistakes in the past, this is a good sign.  Not only is he promising to help the settlements, he is openly defiant to the US.   We need people with courage to join together against our enemies.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1244034989702&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Eli Yishai vows to help expand settlements

On the eve of US President Barack Obama's speech to the Muslim world in Cairo, Interior Minister Eli Yishai announced Wednesday that he will respond to Obama's outreach to the Arabs by expanding West Bank settlements.

In a meeting with leaders of Council of Jewish Communities in Judea and Samaria at his Jerusalem office, the Shas chairman said he invited them while Obama was in the region, because the US president's speech reinforced the need to consolidate Israeli society.

"The American policies are not coincidental and everyone must know that the bad situation will only get worse in the near future," Yishai told the settler leaders.

"I promise to use my ministry, all the resources at my disposal and the ministry's impact on local authorities for the good of expanding settlements," he said.

Yishai told the settler leaders that he would not tolerate the removal of even a single outpost in Judea and Samaria. He said he did not understand why nothing was being done against some 57,000 illegal Arab buildings in the Negev, east Jerusalem and the Ramle-Lod area.

"In this difficult time, it's important to meet and strengthen one another and set policies accordingly," Yishai told The Jerusalem Post after the meeting. "We respect the United States and we want to maintain a positive relationship with the Americans, but we must stand up for our principles and we cannot accept dictates that the public cannot tolerate."

He called on the West Bank leaders to pressure other cabinet ministers to make their views in favor of supporting the settlements known to the public.

The leaders said after the meeting that they appreciated his help, but that they needed backing from other key ministers, especially Defense Minister Ehud Barak of Labor.

"We didn't ask Yishai for more funding than any other regions are getting," Gush Etzion Regional Council Chairman Shaul Goldstein said.

"We did ask him to stop the discrimination against Judea and Samaria in his ministry's funding and we received that commitment from him. But the defense minister has the real power over building in Judea and Samaria and he's not from Shas," Goldstein noted.

The settler leaders said Obama's statement about America being one of the largest Muslim countries reinforced to them how difficult their current situation was.

The head of Habayit Hayehudi, Science Minister Daniel Herschkowitz, will tour settlements south of Hebron during Obama's speech on Thursday, to strengthen Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's hand in his objections to Obama's insistence on stopping natural-growth construction in the settlements.

"That's a red line that we won't allow to be crossed," Herschkowitz said.

This is indeed a postitive development from Yishai. Lets hope he actually means what he says though as Shas is known to do only whats best for their election campaigns or their wallets. They still can never be forgiven for throwing Chaim out of Israel on the same day they met with Arafat(YMSV).
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 01:24:26 PM »
FINALLY!!!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 01:32:44 PM »
I hope they'll coordiante this policy with defence ministry which is still under labour.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »
They still can never be forgiven for throwing Chaim out of Israel on the same day they met with Arafat(YMSV).
The reason Shas expelled Chaim is because they knew that Chaim's movement would take all of their support.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »
They still can never be forgiven for throwing Chaim out of Israel on the same day they met with Arafat(YMSV).
The reason Shas expelled Chaim is because they knew that Chaim's movement would take all of their support.

could definitely be part of it.